Zomg, Computer Noob Needs Help Xd

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AG Triumph, Feb 16, 2006.

1. AG Triumph

AG Triumph Well-Known Member

rofl. well since i hate having to use my moms mac, im looking into buying a new laptop. Im not a gaming obsessive, i prefer to game on consoles. so i dont really need someone amazing. I just need some nice, good for a mac, it will probably need to meet this standards
    Decent memory
    NO MACS, MACS SHOULD DIE
    I really dont care to much about screen size, but 12-15 inch would be nice?
    I need it to run fast, probably my biggest concern is if its to slow, i need fast ;P
    and umm it needs to be able to handle images well, i dont know what category that falls under :|
    the price range should be between 500-1k, since i only want something that works and not something uber godly.
    keep in mind im a computer retard, so if i say something stupid dont be suprised, and help is greatly appreciated B)

2. Kozanatos

Kozanatos Well-Known Member

For you, i would recommend a dell (1 sec, getting link)
    either try this link
    http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/c...s=19&l=en&s=dhs
    or go to dell.com > Home & Home office > Notebooks > either Entertainment or basic level notebook depending on what you want...

Your probably looking more towards
    http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/f...s=19&l=en&s=dhs
    or
    http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/f...s=19&l=en&s=dhs

the xps m140 is good if you have the extra money, otherwise chose the b120

main thing is to have WiFi =P

otherwise, just check some of the sites like ZDnet and stuff for reviews on what they like...

im goign to be getting the xps m140 because i have seen it in action and it is nice

//Edit//
    Someone at my school has a little more upgraded xps m140 (maybe m160) and they do CAD on it, so it will run some pretty good stuff

He said the battery will last a decent amount of time while running it

but i do wish all the processers would be faster (i want my 2.7ghz chip or something, not 1.8 =[ )

3. AG Triumph

hmm yea, i like the first link you posted, the only problem will be photoshop, the one i had before was mac and i dont want to buy it again or be illegal xD. thanks for being helpfull, [+] rep

4. Kozanatos

yeah i added more, like i said, it runs CAD (the xps m140) i am on a 933mhz with 64mb of ram, and no video card (shared ram video), and it runs Adobe Photoshop CS so i dont think you need a Supercomputer to run it =P

and actually, you could PROBABLY download the trial for PC, and when you install the trial, try the serial number that came with the MAC version, i dont know if it will work?!?!

5. AG Triumph

xD. always better if its runs PS, shame im going to have to crack it now, maybe, ;P

6. Kozanatos

lol i keep editing my posts ^^ you could atleast try the serial/cd key on a trial version =P

i dont know if theres a difference between the mac/pc softwares

7. XMasterX

XMasterX Well-Known Member

I believe the progs are the same, just a different coding for the 2 platforms..

not sure if the serial works, but u can at least try.

8. AG Triumph

my bro Dl'd photoshop on his comp [windows] and we tried out my mac cerial #, but it wouldnt work, i thinnk it was because id already activated it on my mac :|

9. Kozanatos

Thats no fun =P

If you are a student and want to Buy it, you can prolly get it from a student store maybe. If you go to college they might have it also ~_~