Youtube Partnership

Discussion in 'Spam Heaven' started by Sock, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Sock

Sock Well-Known Member

These people are making a ton of money off of youtube.

One guy, DavidsFarm or something like that, has 60,000 subscribers (or at least he did a few months ago) and he's earning $14,000 a month.

Imagine how much guys like Sxephil, ShayCarl, Fred, etc. are making. These people have over ten times the subscribers as the guy above.

How much do you think some of these real hard-hitters are making?

How long do you think these guys can keep this going?

How do you think they received the success they did?

2. Neuron

Neuron Senior Member

Sxephil hinted at how much he made in one of his videos... wish I remembered which one.

3. Renagade

Renagade Senior Member

Sxephil also said he was quitting Youtube in a year... he said this about 3/4 a year ago.

4. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

Sxephil has enough money to drive a luxury car around, pretty much have whatever he wants, and travel when and where he wants while then renting / making payments on his new home, that's enough freedom for me regardless of the actual amount of money he is bringing in.

5. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Yeah, I don't get that whole "hoarding" mentality. As long as I have enough money to buy the things I want, drive the car I like, live in a place thats nice and comfortable, I really don't see any need for additional income.

6. Neuron

Neuron Senior Member

So if you could get a million each month, you'd just stop receiving that million once you payed off your house and car?

Poor attempt at a lie to be frank.

7. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

His point wouldn't be that he'd object to additional money, but that he would be content with himself provided he could afford everything comfortably, the extra is just topping.

8. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Exactly. I certainly wouldn't exert myself just to earn a million dollars a month, and if somehow I ended up earning that much, I certainly wouldn't hoard it. I'd invest in small businesses, and donate money to charity, rather than buying up mansions and fleets of automobiles. I don't really see the point in owning more cars than my family can simultaneously drive, and my favourite car in the world is the one I'm currently rebuilding, a 1983 Trueno GT Apex (AE86).

Being extraordinarily rich is nice, but really all you need to be happy is access to the things you like, and being with the people you love. Call me a faggot, but thats just how I feel about money.

9. ]Xin[

]Xin[ Well-Known Member

All depends on how much of a 'hard hitter' they are to be honest. Also, I don't think most will last more than 5 years on there, I mean, thats plenty of time to save up a good sum of money, hell, even hard workers have a hard time making 14,000 in half a year. Then again, the harder you work the less you earn, 'eh? Lol. And the success, using their heads, having connections, saving money for the good gear.. And the balls to do some of the things they do.

10. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

If people are getting so rich off YouTube, why don't we all stop working our arses off and start wasting our time on getting Subscribers and uploading videos.

11. Yuuichi

Yuuichi Well-Known Member

Not all Youtube partners are spending the money on themselves though. Kevjumba gives the money he earns to charity.

12. Sock

Sock Well-Known Member

That was a while back.

They're earning way more now.

13. steez

steez Banned from GR

i like you

14. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

What are you all taking about? I user doesn't make any money when they upload a video to youtube. Youtube makes all the cash with the ads they have on that page. The user makes nothing. The only way they can make any money is if they are advertising their website and users go to their website. What makes you think they make any money off youtube???

15. Neuron

Neuron Senior Member

Yeah they do... lol....