Your Views On Anorexia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flee, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Morv

Morv Well-Known Member

rofl, what the twigs of society don't know is that you actually NEED fat.

2. Wonderboy

Wonderboy Well-Known Member

Anorexia with some people is very serious. Anorexia is when they think they are fat, so they stop eating. They don't see their self as thin or skinny, is a mental disability - i think.... ?

My sister isn't Anorexic, but shes 15 and always says shes fat. She is thin and no where near fat, shes actually very thin. I don't know why she sais this - i actually think she knows shes not and maybe just says it for attention and such...

Or maybe it's her friends, she has a few who really wouldn't be any thinner, i mean one of her friends has no dinner and has toast and snacks like that for dinner. Toast isn't a meal....

You know what young girls are like though...

3. Mint

Mint Well-Known Member

its actually the rest of the world that hurts people. You know when you see actors or popular tv people and they are all thin and pretty. well lots of girls want to be like them and think being thin is the way. ANd cuz those actors n stuff think that they are fat well what do you expect other girls to think of themselves? it also matters how friends treat each other. My friends never say anything about anyone being fat or skinny so everyone is comfortable. everyone effects eachothers views on how to look.

4. kirbir

kirbir Senior Member

Some good points in here, especially about the celebrities/models and such who have a hold on most teenagers lives.

To whoever it was who said it was easy for someone who is anorexic to just start to eat again they are wrong, it is very damn hard, i know that myself from my own personal experience with this.

5. Rathanax

Rathanax New Member

I have a close friend who was anorexic. All you people who are saying anorexics are lame and pathetic - learn what your talking about before you talk it.

Anorexia and bullimia are both psychiatric conditions, not just people starving themselves to death for the hell of it.

6. Mint

Mint Well-Known Member

we're saying people who act anorexic, not the people who actually have the disease. Its obviously not those peoples faults. But the people who dont have anorexia but are acting anorexic to get skinny are the people who are lame :P

7. Lennox

Lennox Well-Known Member

I don't see why you guys think celebrities are super skinny and ----. All the hot ones are curvy, and have meat on them.

8. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

Views:
    - It's ----ing stupid.

9. `Kakashi

`Kakashi Banned from GR

Proper punctuation and grammar rly?