Your Mouse And Keyboard?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by travmanx, Dec 5, 2007.

1. travmanx

travmanx Senior Member

OK, I'm looking for a new mouse and keyboard for Christmas and I don't know which are good kinds and all that. I don't want a game keyboard/mouse because I rarely play them. I'm more looking for one that can be used for graphics (3DS Max, Cinema, PS, ect)... I highly doubt there is one out there that is good for this. Prob any keyboard and mouse does the same job for here. But I'll give it a shot...

2. posiden5665

posiden5665 Well-Known Member

well if you really want i know wacom has a tablet that comes with a mouse and a pen its called bamboo fun but other wise really any mouse and keyboard does there isnt a very specific type thats better its the keyboard and mouse lol just dont go with anything wireless right now cause they are pretty bad right now they havent had very good reviews from what ive seen
    make sure its a laser mouse though
    i have one from mousetek and i like it
    as for keyboard it doesnt even matter

3. travmanx

travmanx Senior Member

wireless things slows the ---- down out of my computer anyway lol. Thanks I'll look it up...

4. Daecu

Daecu Senior Member

i would love to have a wacom tablet :(

otherwise im using a logitech keyboard and a Razer or something mouse, its black and has a triple-snake logo that glows on it and 4 buttons, i like it and its got a great sensitivity that you can alter easily, good for rendering (low sens) and gaming (high sens)

5. travmanx

travmanx Senior Member

6. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

I'm using a logitech ultra-x and an mX518

TBH the gaming mice tend to the best overall as they have a lot of R&D put into them and are very precise. As for keyboards, take your pick.

7. Bleak

Bleak Well-Known Member

Yeah, you should go with a gaming mouse; I really like my Logitech G5. You should also look into getting a mouse that has some programmable buttons on it, like I have the two buttons on the side of my mouse to control winamp, you could easily make it do something for you in one of those programs.

As far as keyboards, I'm sure just a normal multimedia keyboard would be fine. I have a Microsoft Digital Media --- keyboard, and I really like it; it gives you 5 programmable buttons to open up 5 different programs. And it has a zoom slider on the left so you can zoom in on your projects, if you like something like that.

They are both wired, being I hate using wireless keyboards and mice.

8. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Check out the Logitech VX Revolution. Its a compact, wireless mouse, but it has tons of great features. It has this Zoom button that Zooms in on anything[i/].

9. travmanx

travmanx Senior Member

See I don't like wireless stuff as it slows the hell out of my comp. I notice a difference. I will check out some mouses and write back

10. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

I wouldn't see how having a wireless mouse would slow down a computer.
    i could see having a USB mouse slowing ti doesn, but if your system is so slow that USB mice slows it down... lets just say that your money in that case would best go into a new CPU, board and RAM.

11. travmanx

travmanx Senior Member

I have USB mouse, works fine

12. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

It's most likely not the wireless slowing your PC down. I use a VX Revolution on my laptop which is a P3 @ 1ghz, 256mb DDR RAM, and integrated video, and there's absolutely no performance drop. If you're system is older/slower than that, your money would indeed be better spent upgrading your PC.

13. Daecu

Daecu Senior Member

yea man, thats the one. death adder :)

down side is the cost though :/ way more than i normally would've spent on a mouse but i had a gift card and i needed a good one ^^

14. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

DeathAdder is totally unnecessary. It's expensive because it uses a 3D Infra-Red sensor as opposed to Optical. He would be better of getting a slightly less sensitive Optical mouse (with the same or greater IPS) for about half the price.

I have a DeathAdder, and I love it, but I do prefer my VX Revolution for Design/Web surfing etc.

15. .HaVoC.

.HaVoC. ┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Actually almost all the Wacom tablets come with mice. Mine did.

[​IMG]</span>