Your Lifestyle.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xioushi, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Xioushi

Xioushi Well-Known Member

If you were to be labeled. Even though we all know how bad it is to label somebody; which label would you fit into?

Don't hate me. :)

Post Below what you would be labeled as. :)

Scene and Hip Hop for me. :)

2. BabyLeo

BabyLeo Well-Known Member

These labels suck. I don't fit into any of them.

3. Xioushi

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. Xioushi

Well then what do you fit into?

5. BabyLeo

BabyLeo Well-Known Member

Honestly I wouldn't know. I'll post a picture later and then mebbe you guys can label me.

6. Xioushi

They all say it's so bad to label people.
    But Music, Fashion, Hobbies, and Careers affect one's lifestyle, and labeling somebody on how they dress is fine. Just don't label someone as an ------, a slut, a player, someone who will kill you, etc, on that stuff. :P

7. Undertow

Undertow Senior Member

Scene/casual/goth/nerd

Been labeled all those before.

8. Xioushi

I didn't put emo, because Emo is more of a personality trait then a fashion style. It started as skinny jeans, darker clothing, jewelry, etc, but then it evolved. Hip hop, and Scene both have those fashion traits.

For example, skinny jeans are a part of hip hop and scene styles, but even skaters wear them, as well as richer styles of clothing like armani, american apparel, guess, and bench..

9. Neuron

Neuron Senior Member

Skinny jeans aren't part of hip hop at all...

Their origins go back to the heavy metal scene in fact. To be honest, I find it funny that a lot of people in the hip hop scene over the years have enjoyed poking fun at what others in skating and punk music wore and really just white people in general. And now you see most of those same people eating those words by sporting the same exact clothes we wear. It's pretty amusing and also very, very annoying. It went from baggy clothes hanging out their asses to fitted clothing.

10. UNSTOPABLE

UNSTOPABLE Well-Known Member

rich, fresh and gangster tbh ;)

11. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

This is stupid.

1 - labels are retarded, if you are honestly so conformed to society you can honestly state you are one of the above you are a sad individual.
    2 - labels are retarded.
    3 - ???
    4 - labels are retarded.
    5 - Profit.

Dress style is not a way of stereotyping someone. I, as well as most, can wake up and be dressed as a wigger one day, business professional the next, skater the next, goth the following day, etc. The people limiting themselves are those who are controlled by the media, and you are all fools. Those kids who just must fit into a certain group, or must have a certain brand of clothing, or must spend 30 minutes getting dressed and another 30 minutes putting on their cologne / perfume of the day and doing their hair. Lambs to the slaughter.

12. nFx

nFx Well-Known Member

casual (i count polo shirts casual), hip-hop/urban (yeezy is my fashion idol, atheltic (i have a lot of speedo and nike apparel from school swim team and football).

13. nFx

nFx Well-Known Member

the clothing evolved because the hip-hop scene itself has evovled. the baggy clothing was part of the west coast gangsta rap era with all the inner-city message. now we have artists like pharell and lupe fiasco who rap and also skate. so i see it as a merging, not really annoying. :tongue:

14. Systema

Systema Senior Member

You can't really label a person just because of their looks, personality, etc. Everyone is different. And skinny jeans have nothing to do with Hip Pop.

15. Λtreyu

Λtreyu Well-Known Member

i like to stay "fresh". i wear fitteds and colorful shirts and jackets. but i also wear regular t-shirts and button-up collared shirts and sweaters. its pretty hard to only wear one kind of clothing...unless you try hard to do so. and yeah, skinny jeans have never been a part of hip hop. hip hop is about loose fitting clothing and baggy pants (which i heard started because you aren't allowed to wear belts in prison, so everyones pants sagged hella low, therefore becoming the image of a thug). If anything, hip hop has moved farther from baggy, loose-fitting clothing to more expensive, talored high end pieces of clothing (like from gucci, LV, prada, yves saint lauren etc etc, but the rap lifestyle calls more for sunglasses, jackets, watches hats and shoes from thes co.s). skinny jeans have never really been a large part of the hip hop movement....and rap stars from both the east and west coasts wore, and continue to wear baggy clothing. maybe they are slightly more form fitting, but they still are loose and sag pretty low. these new rappers aren't even real rapstars...hip, hip, hip, hip hop is dead