You Know What Annoys Me?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .genesis, Jan 27, 2008.

1. .genesis

.genesis Well-Known Member

Now I know I may be provoking a lot of people here. But I get really annoyed when people refer to sigs and so on as ART. And it's not even the word that bothers me because it's just terminology but sometimes people talk about graphic design and such as actual art. Which annoys me since my father is a painter but not like the hobbyist painter but like, a painter. Who devoted his whole life to it and who pursues it as his ONLY career. And he doesn't do modern ---- either. And he spend about 6-10 hours a day painting, and he truly loves art. Now I myself greatly enjoy graphic design but I wouldn't go so for as to call it anything more than a hobby or in some cases a career. Also I haven't come across a lot of people calling there graphics "art" but I'm just saying in general. Anyways that's about it o.o

2. R.S.Man

R.S.Man Member

you know what really annoys me?

people like you...seriously...ART IS ART...

I could kill your father and take a ---- on his dead body and it could be considered art...

^--- really good idea for my next art project

3. Mortified Penguin

Mortified Penguin Senior Member

4. 5413D

5413D Member

5. SomeThingCreepy

SomeThingCreepy Well-Known Member

you know what annoys me? Not having enough milk to put into my cereal. That just sucks.

6. Morv

Morv Well-Known Member

LOLart

7. Matsybom

Matsybom Well-Known Member

LOL

8. Pulse.

Pulse. Well-Known Member

i woulda thought it was homeless asking for change (sry just watched the south park episode):lol:

9. Hadouken

Hadouken Well-Known Member

10. pianoman0723

pianoman0723 Well-Known Member

THIS. IS. ARTAAA!

sorry. obligatory.

but really. just because your dad works with a difficult medium doesnt invalidate our efforts. art doesnt have to be a career. it can be a hobby too. ask your dad about that one.

11. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

if people pay thousands of dollars for the products of monkeys and finger paint

I don't see why a sig isn't art.

is it ----- art? no. Is it art, yes.

DICTIONARY. COM BETCH

art1 /ɑrt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ahrt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun
    1. the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance.

2. the class of objects subject to aesthetic criteria; works of art collectively, as paintings, sculptures, or drawings: a museum of art; an art collection.
    3. a field, genre, or category of art: Dance is an art.
    4. the fine arts collectively, often excluding architecture: art and architecture.
    5. any field using the skills or techniques of art: advertising art; industrial art.
    6. (in printed matter) illustrative or decorative material: Is there any art with the copy for this story?
    7. the principles or methods governing any craft or branch of learning: the art of baking; the art of selling.
    8. the craft or trade using these principles or methods.
    9. skill in conducting any human activity: a master at the art of conversation.
    10. a branch of learning or university study, esp. one of the fine arts or the humanities, as music, philosophy, or literature.
    11. arts,
    a. (used with a singular verb) the humanities: a college of arts and sciences.
    b. (used with a plural verb) liberal arts.
    12. skilled workmanship, execution, or agency, as distinguished from nature.
    13. trickery; cunning: glib and devious art.
    14. studied action; artificiality in behavior.
    15. an artifice or artful device: the innumerable arts and wiles of politics.
    16. Archaic. science, learning, or scholarship.

if the world's best artist spent 10 hours drawing SMALL PICTURE on a small piece of paper would you still consider it art? most likely. The size of the art piece does not recategorized it.

12. soxfan#1

soxfan#1 Well-Known Member

Anything that has any visual appeal is art IMO

13. .deged

.deged Member

tags and LPs are art, people spend long hours working on their "graphic designs" or as most ppl say ART! Ask your dad, his art mabye made with a tangible element, but if you can see it, it is art, everything on the earth was made by God and it is all art, even the things we hate, the most destructive things in the world are art, Hurricanes, tornados, tsunami, they're all the art of God, the creator.

14. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

Do NOT bring religion into discussion here.

Ever.

Last warning.

15. Sib

Sib Well-Known Member

Whoa. Looks like that backfired :blink: