Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by scarletham, Aug 10, 2007.

1. BeatdownT

BeatdownT Well-Known Member

Yea only 50 bux a year

2. InsomniacNC

InsomniacNC Well-Known Member

For the one who asked about DSL modems and live :

it should work fine you can either do a direct connection by unplugging your PCs ethernet wire I think it is called and plugging in the 360s ( it comes with one ) or you can use a router it is up to you. Since I moved where I am currently at for the past few months does not have broadband so I am forced with dish internet and it sucks but I can still connect to live to download demos and videos and arcade games fairly quick so DSL should be fine.

3. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

360 ftw.
    PS3 may have more power, but it's not got nearly the game selection, it's mote expensive, and so far doesn't look like many games will really take hold of the power. Also since PS3 were trying to be so different, there's port issues, and its hard to develop for apparently.

Market figures help.

Get a 360.

4. HOOD PROPHET

HOOD PROPHET Well-Known Member

sorry but actually if your talkin about power they pretty much cancel each other out the only plus the ps3 has over the 360 is blu ray

5. Kennedy

Kennedy Senior Member

Yes it is.

6. kingcraigj

kingcraigj Well-Known Member

[/quote]

oooo thats very good! because i remebr with the ps2, you needed a router and at the time were £80 so i never got 1.

7. I_R_BACK_I_R_LOSER

I_R_BACK_I_R_LOSER Well-Known Member

It's definatley worth it, especially with Bioshock and Halo 3 coming out soon.

8. The Hater

The Hater Well-Known Member

gettin my 360(Elite) in 1-3 weeks, whats a good router to pick up that supports XBL without disconnecting my comp from the net
    also any games i should pick up along with it or should i just wait for halo 3

9. Acclyus

Acclyus Well-Known Member

Only going to cost you $350 now plus it has loads of great games, and even more coming out (BioShock, Too Human).

10. Devts

Devts Well-Known Member

I have been through 8 360s, all of them breaking on me. I sold it for a DS Lite, which I am very happy for. My advice, get one after another year when they fix the problems.

11. Dagobert

Dagobert Well-Known Member

I got all the systems and my favorite one would have to be the PS3. I'd say get a 360, but dont get it for online play only, seriously if thats your main reason, stick to PC. Not trying to shove the PS3 in your face but the online of that is free and it's about the same if not better than Live.

Right now the PS3 is getting good games, so you should look at the games maybe you'd like the PS3 instead. And no the 360 doesn't have better gfx, I thought it did too but looking at some of the PS3 games right now, the PS3 has better gfx but the gfx of xbox 360 games are good too. Dont believe people that say Live is better than the PS3's online system cause most likely they dont even have a PS3, infact when Home comes out for the PS3 that will make the PS3's online feature even better.

I'd say get both if you can, or get the 360 first and then a PS3 if you can get that cheaper or when theres another price drop. The 360 is pretty good too, but the only good exclusive game for it that are comming out I can think of right now is Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, Halo 3, and Lost Oddyssey.

12. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

if you have to ask, then it's questionable if it would be worth it though...

on another note:
    from a hardware/cost aspect though it's the most solid of the consoles though. Also has the best software selection as well.

performance is also on par with the PS3(or in a lot of cases superior to it in terms of frame rates and the level of anisotropic filtering and antialiasing) which is attributed to it's rather scalable design.

13. FM Gus

FM Gus Well-Known Member

Scotland the Brave! Sunny Scotland! Home of the wo
    [/quote]

Well, I own neither of the two consoles, and can clearly see that this is a fanboyistic type 'review', although I have played both.

360 only has a few good exclusive games? I think not, there are amazing games that the PS3 dosen't have. Halo series, it's exclusive, might not all be to the 360 but it's an xbox exclusive. Online play? You seriously think PSN is comparable to XBL? I laughed, sorry but that's just crazy. Home is basically the sims, nobody really cares, when Microsoft have provided a great online marketplace, let alone the gaming side. PSN, well it's ok. But it's currently empty, dosen't have anything to download really, and online games lack. Ok, XBL didn't turn great over-night, but we're talking about now.

Graphics card and spec? Well, guess what, they're both equal. Not exactly, but one has more power than the other etc. etc.

With online play, I'd rather pay £35 a year, and get a good service than pay nothing(except the extortionate console price) and get a shoddy one.

/rant.

Sorry all, people annoy me with fanboy reviews :P

14. PineCone

PineCone Active Member

I'd go with the 360, it has a lot more games. The PS3 is good, but it just costs to much. I wouldn't spend that much just to play barely any games.

15. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

the games are good, but 3 of my friend got 360s and they all broke, plus the ps3 has free internet and a web browser