Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by scarletham, Aug 10, 2007.

1. scarletham

scarletham Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I've been considering getting a 360 lately, and I want to know if you think it's worth it at the moment? I don't know which version I'm planning on getting yet, and I could use some advice on that.

My main motive behind getting it is the apparent ease to online gaming (connecting to wireless network wins), better graphics and the fact that there's going to be more availability on it for new games. Halo 3 is another category.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks a lot.

2. Hadouken

Hadouken Well-Known Member

The ps3 fanboys and microsoft haters will say no. But it's worth getting since right now it has the better games.

3. static208

static208 Active Member

ps3 is better but right now Microsoft got the games tht is all everyone and there grand parents know ps3 is better its made by the Japaneses what more do you need to know lol

4. Shinoda

Shinoda Well-Known Member

Im an xbox fanboy so im not sure if this opinion counts.
    It is a good gaming console. Good time to buy right now because all premium consoles come with HDMI now and price drop = good.

PS3 is also a great system since you could actually increase the hard drive space to 100+ GB no joke, it's just that Sony is too lazy

5. Wimpy Grunt

Wimpy Grunt Well-Known Member

It really depends on what kind of games you like; the PS3 and the 360 are pretty similar apart from that. I would buy one, seeing as the Premium version is only $399.99 USD, and it has games that are suited towards the style that I prefer.

6. BeatdownT

BeatdownT Well-Known Member

Wait until September when the Halo 3 version of the Xbox 360 comes out. :)

7. .PROpel

.PROpel Senior Member

Haha agrees with beatdown, ur lucky they fixed the power button, i got like a default so it takes me like 10 or 15 tries to turn it on since microsoft forgot to fix it wen they screwd up for some reason/

8. Jtp

Jtp Well-Known Member

The 360 is a great gaming console as it has a great selection of games. Sure the PS3 might be a better system, it doesn't have the better games in my opinion. If you're a Halo fan, then now is a good time to buy due to the price drop and Halo 3 coming out in September.Even for a lot of multi-platform games the 360 is getting some exclusive content. I mean it's just video games, but in my opinion the 360 is has the best game selection and is the better console.

9. InsomniacNC

InsomniacNC Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I own all three systems and I play the 360 the most. I love Xbox Live and just the amount of awesome games coming out is insane. I pre-ordered Bioshock which seems to be an epic singleplayer game and I cannot wait for that.

If you get one check out the Stranglehold demo because it is bad ass.

I would just get the Premium since it has the hard drive and all , to me the Halo 3 360 looks ugly with the poop green but it is up to you.

To me the PS3 is good and all but most of the third party games play best on 360 as I have experienced from rentals and reviews in terms of frame rate and such. I will be buying some PS3 games once Ratchet and Clank come out and Drakes Uncharted Fortune but I have had my PS3 since launch and so far I only have Resistance Fall Of Man and Ridge Racer 7 while I have like almost 50 games for 360 that I have bought since 2005.

Basically the PS3 will get good games ... eventually lol. On one hand I am glad I have it for games like Lair and some other exclusives but I kinda wish I did not jump the gun and buy one yet but as I said I am still glad to have one when the good games eventually arrive

Even with the Wii I only have Zelda for that and Red Steel ( BIG mistake with that game lol )

And no I am not a Microsoft fanboy , I never even paid for my 360 , I won it a few days before launch in that Every 10 Minutes Mountain Dew contest. Although if I had to pay money to own one I would.

Wow I have not posted here in so long lol.

10. kingcraigj

kingcraigj Well-Known Member

how easy is it to connect to xbox live? will a standerd adsl modem do the job or do i need a router?

11. HOOD PROPHET

HOOD PROPHET Well-Known Member

well I have all 3 next gen consoles and I play the 360 like 5 times as much the ps3 cos tbh the 360 is the best console, has loads of games, superior online service.

12. BeatdownT

BeatdownT Well-Known Member

Thats what we needed, people who have them all who have experience 1st-hand and say that the 360 is better, yay.

I like the halo 360 cuz of the goldish color part, btw I've never had green poop, its always brown.

13. WereWolf987

WereWolf987 Well-Known Member

Xbox 360 is what I would prefer, but if I didn't upgrade for Crysis, Bioshock, then I'd get a Xbox 360.

14. [-Wizard-]

[-Wizard-] Senior Member

Yes, especially with the recent price drop.

Excellent games, great online system which is very user friendly, and excellent graphics.

15. .jrauck

.jrauck Well-Known Member

Definately the 360. I have a few friends that have botht he 360 and the PS3 and both like the 360 better because of the games and the online. You do have to pay for Xbox Live, but you get what you pay for...

The wii is much more fun if you have friends over and such but, if not I would not recommend it.