Xbox 360 Question

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by K4D, Jan 30, 2008.

1. K4D

K4D Well-Known Member

Ok here is how I have my xbox setup:

Monitor (it has built in speakers)
    |
    |
    ^
    http://edifier.ca/eshop/images/L221MF.jpg
    This goes into my monitor and I have two RCA coming out of my xbox into the converter
    |
    |
    ^
    Xbox

but I have my volume on my monitor, and in the game settings as loud as it goes and I can just barely hear the sound (but I do know that sound is coming out of the speakers)

I have no way to turn up my volume louder and I really don't have room or money to buy a set of speakers...

but is there a way to turn up the volume that the xbox is outputting because I know my speakers (the ones built into my monitor) can handle much louder volume because I listen to music on my computer all the time.

so any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT:

one more question I have is that every time I play my xbox (which is also hooked up to my monitor through a vga cable) when I turn it on if I leave my computer on and just try to switch which input my monitor takes it will flash the display on and off untill I switch back to my computer/ But when I put my computer into standby and then turn my xbox on play for like 5 minutes or so and then turn my computer on (whithout switching the input to my monitor) it will work just fine, does anyone know why this is?

and my Moniter is a Viewsonic like 20/19ish widescreen with built in speakers, i'll get you the exact model if you need to know

2. LostUchiha

LostUchiha Well-Known Member

Which input cable are you using? If you are using the red cable, switch to the white one. I had that problem before and fixed it by switching the cables.

3. .jrauck

.jrauck Well-Known Member

I have had this issue with headphones and theres no solution that im aware of...

4. K4D

K4D Well-Known Member

there is only a red and black and I currently have both plugged in, but are you saying I should switch them?