Wtf Is Wrong With People

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Laborde, Sep 26, 2006.

1. [.BC] Spectra

[.BC] Spectra Well-Known Member

yea it rlly sucks sometimes someone like ebk or atreyu can make a ---- tag and sell it for 1k jus because theyre known yet someone can make a intermediate tag and sell it for 200 or maybe even nothin. its gay. art should just be art u shouldnt being buying names. but it seems thts how it is and will always be

2. .entropy

.entropy Senior Member

lub ya my brudda. wow to the haxx omg lol. sleepytoes LAWL. k.

3. Phainted

Phainted Well-Known Member

=.= Have you ever thought it was a joke..-.-?

And well meh =.=" certain names do tend too sell...

But it can also be about orignality >.> if i made a tag that looks like one of btls tags, I show now originality...

Too be honest I thought it was a joke ._.

4. Laborde

Laborde Well-Known Member

It wasnt thats how people are about this. If I ask Snipe if he wants to buy something he asks "Who Made It?" when i say me he says no

5. aznramenboi

aznramenboi Well-Known Member

lol i was just about to give an example like......that was until i read your post. art coming from picasso or van gogh is almost sure to be pretty good. for people like them; art is their passion. they live and breath art. i guess a lot of people trust them from their works of art. although, i don't particularly agree with people being shallow and superficial like that. i can see where both sides are coming from.

6. eLLis_Dee

eLLis_Dee Well-Known Member

Look in offers an request an you,ll see threads like " buyin semi-pro and pro ONLY"
    an mostly off these people that are pro on NSL an other sites.But like people have already said here there buyin the name not the tag.
    Plus people try to make a lil profit off what they buy like a BLT tag there,d buy for 2k
    an sell it to half of the GR memebers but if it was someone else then people would,nt buy it cause they aint gonna make anythin off it.
    But i totally agree with you Art is Art.

7. ThA-ViLLAin

ThA-ViLLAin Well-Known Member

Imo that is very dumb, buyin a sig just cuz some big guy made it

8. Cap

Cap Well-Known Member

Hah. It reminds me of back in the day we all revered and respected a good buddy of mine "Irrelevent"(anyone know if he's around these days?). No matter what kind of things he pumped out everyone oohed and awed over his work. So as an answer to your question, it does matter who made whether you like it or not. That's the way people are.

9. MaxBorax

MaxBorax Well-Known Member

I use common sense. I only buy when i see that the tag has something to teach me. There are effects that i need and when i see it i try to buy the tag. So, if is a pro and has good effects i will buy and is is not a pro, the same i will buy as long it will teach me what i want. Notice that i said, what i want, not what they want to sell me, lol.

10. tazzycorner

tazzycorner Well-Known Member

I do agree that GENERALLY people with a bigger reputation do sell tags better

sometimes, I do see a few tag I will never buy being sold for over 1k creds ... I wonder why ... lol

Personally, I buy tags from well known or little known people alike ... as long as I like the tags, I will buy ... doesn't matter if it's made by Joe Brown or Bill Gates

:)

11. GG Guerilla

GG Guerilla Well-Known Member

I agree, I buy sigs from whoever, if I like I want it :D

12. .Fatal

.Fatal Well-Known Member

these people have good rep for a reason.

they make the styles that we all uase, people buy their tags because they are actually original, and probably will create a whole new trend, or unlock new technique to enhance your tag completly, as BLT once said to YOU dfn, yes YOU
    or somthing like that.

you should still buy igs by looks not artist, but these artists are considered Profesional for a reason.

13. FlanteJuice

FlanteJuice Well-Known Member

A very interesting matter

14. Balnazzar

Balnazzar Well-Known Member

Fixed.

You have personal reasons to believe that such attitude is frowned upon. However, please also be aware that people don't and can't know you personally based on one glance, thus they go by reputation. You're right that people should never judge based upon what appears to be, but we are nurtured to be somewhat effective at what we do, which is the selection through a mean of fast yet moderately effective way. Sure, you can't determine much based on something's appearence. However, if something is already bad on the outside, why the hell would people waste time exploring the indepth when outside job doesn't take at all effort to accomplish? Take a book for example: a book with falling pages and covers has literally the best content ever written in the history of literature. The question is, can people care enough to go through it? Most likely no. You probably want to say "sure i'd check that out because i'm such a profound person." No, and never.

Some people deem this field of judgment as a factor while there are some people who take it to the extreme. In your case, it is the latter.

15. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

Well that is really bad.. I would never buy it depending on the artist.. Its not the Artist its the art.. I donot really say that it isn't and artist a single bit but the art should be more..