Wtf Is Wrong With People

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Laborde, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Laborde

Laborde Well-Known Member

Ok what is up with this.
    Thats between SNiper001 and me

WHy would you buy art just because its made by BLT or EBK. If it looks good you still buy it. Art is art. You dont buy a tag just cause its made by BLT. If I made a tag better then that you would say it sucks just because EBK made it? Im getting tired of people saying "Depends on who made it"

2. kirbir

kirbir Senior Member

I agree totally, i buy what i like no matter who made it, aslong as the person likes it who gives a ----?

3. Iced

Iced Well-Known Member

Yes i totaly agree, just because airisus made it doesn't mean it will sell. I could sell somthing i made for more.... maybe :( lol.

4. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

Of course it matters who made it!
    You think anybody else who painted Picasso's paintings would have got nearly the same respect he did?
    Name is everything, Brand is everything. You may not like it and it may suck, but it's true, and always will be.

5. Laborde

Yes kirbir you can prolly sell anything just because you have 375 rep, Put your name on a white BG with a lil white brushing over the render and then sell it for 2k

6. xX King

xX King Well-Known Member

Agreed.

You see tags made by EBK and them that aren't that good (no offense) and it still goes for 1k creds or more.

But you can have a good tag made by someone as moderate or inter and it goes for only acouple hundred.

7. kirbir

kirbir Senior Member

I will try that now ;)

8. Amoebassassin

Amoebassassin Well-Known Member

I agree as well. Just because someone is deemed as 'pro' either here or elsewhere doesn't necessarily mean that everything they create is 'pro' work.

If I like it, I'll buy it, regardless if it's made by Pablo Picasso of Spain, or Pablo Morales of Tijuana, Mexico.

9. HBRedRider

HBRedRider Well-Known Member

I would have to agree with Broken that name does mean a lot. Maybe it doesn't seem fair, but when it comes to art it really does matter who made the peace. Many artists may be able to paint much better than the famous painters of the past and present, but the money goes to the man with the greater reputation.

10. Kami

Kami Well-Known Member

Mmm, people only buy because of the name, mostly. Kinda stupid.

It's the same in real life. If there was a plain black shirt with nothing on it, it would be pretty cheap. Whereas if it had a big brand logo on it really small somewhere (like Nike or Quicksilver or whatever) it would cost so much more.

11. Laborde

ok Broken If I make good sigs how the ---- do I get my name popular to sell sigs for alot? Huh, How do they get pro names although people better then them cant get one

12. DEADRIp

DEADRIp Well-Known Member

very true lol kirbir you shud try it to c what happens

13. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

You just gotta keep making better sigs?
    Get better? Get popular as well, post count and how well your known un-graphically hugely affects your popularity...

But, yeah, you need to be in the slightest original too. Just a tiny bit

14. ThugRider

ThugRider Well-Known Member

EBK and Asiruis don't only sell tags because who they are. A tag is a tag, in general pepole really don't give a ---- on who made it, Snipe seems to be a exception... I never heard someone to think that way, and quite francly I don't get it. But the name makes a difference. If I make a topic with a a sig and a person who is well known and respected makes a topic with the same sig, he will probably sell it better. Why? Simply put, he will get more views, thus he his topic will have more activity and he is more likley to find better costumers than I am. And how to get popular? Make pepole notice you. make more topics, more sigs, try something original... Ect. If you post for a while pepole should topic you.

15. Dencity

Dencity Well-Known Member

I have to agree with it involving whoever made it, however I personally dont care who its made by and would decide on buying how it looks. Buying from someone with a high reputation is just like paying $40 more for a little ----ing eagle on a shirt.