Wrath Of The Lich King

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by dementia, Nov 13, 2008.

1. .//XeN-

.//XeN- Well-Known Member

When I played I wasn't even particuarly addicted, but it basically cut a lot of ties I had with friends.

Glad to see the back of WoW tbh.

2. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

I took a 3 month break because the game got boring, but I jumped back on the bandwagon after a few months when WotLK was released.

I can easily stop playing, its just what I like to do because I am at an age where all of my friends are in college elsewhere, I can't go out to drink (nor would I want to) and drinking is the only thing to do in my town, and I am tired of girls atm (and I am waiting for an australian girl to come stay with me for at least a couple of weeks right after the new year). All that leaves me is sleep, work, and gaming, may as well be a game I enjoy.

I will say though, at my old job, I used to call in to play (but that was largely because I hated the job). I had the oppurtunity many times at my current job, but I didn't do it because I like my job. It should only be an issue for people who are easily adicted or attached to things.

3. .//XeN-

.//XeN- Well-Known Member

Meh, I had pretty much no life when I started playing it anyway, as I was a simple nerd.

Then I started going out and making proper friends and I got rid of WoW :D

4. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Well, I've only just started playing again, and it's mainly because for the next month, everyone I know is doing exams, I don't have a job at the moment (at least, not a 9 til 5 type job, I'm just doing the odd bit of consulting and stuff), and I don't start at university until the beginning of March, so I have a lot of spare time sitting at home. However, I tend to go out every friday and saturday night and get pissed.

5. dementia

WotLK content cleared.

All 3 25 man raid instances have been cleared as of 18:45 CEST by the new guild TwentyFifthNovember, a merger of the two guilds SK Gaming and Nihilum after they both lost their sponsors (PvE sponsors). Less than 72 hours from the release of WotLK in Europe.

6. Geko-Slave

Geko-Slave Senior Member

I'm going to start playing next week hopefully, I want to level my 70 mage up and get into a decent PvE raiding guild.

7. dementia

US or EU skyline?

Horde or Ally?

8. Dylann

Dylann Well-Known Member

i do :D

9. Neoteric

Neoteric Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to this? I'm interested in why the sponsors were lost.

What a powerhouse guild.

10. dementia

They were lost because their is no profit in sponsoring a PvE guild.

Sk-Gaming used to be Curse, but they were then sponsored obviously by SK Gaming, but once their sponsor left they changed the name to 'Your Sponser Name Here' or something like that, but then Nihilum and SK Gaming got together to create a new guild named TwentyFifthNovember, as that is the date they set to finally release the new name as the official guild.

Most of the info you can find on http://www.mmo-champion.com/ though

11. Neoteric

Weren't both SK Gaming and Nihilum both top PvP competitors too, though?

Anyway, thanks for the link, going to have a read now.

12. dementia

They were lost because their is no profit in sponsoring a PvE guild.

Sk-Gaming used to be Curse, but they were then sponsored obviously by SK Gaming, but once their sponsor left they changed the name to 'Your Sponser Name Here' or something like that, but then Nihilum and SK Gaming got together to create a new guild named TwentyFifthNovember, as that is the date they set to finally release the new name as the official guild.

Most of the info you can find on http://www.mmo-champion.com/ though
    [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]Different teams.

SK-Gaming is still PvP sponsored, but their PvP team is based out of the US with Neilyo and such. The SK guild in Europe was SK PvE. Nihilum PvP hasn't been around, at least not competitively, for a while (I believe mid season 3). They were the #1 and #2 PvE guilds in the world though.

SK Gaming isn't the top in PvP atm either, nor was Nihilum ever. The last team that won a competition and the one before that was Hafu's team I believe (ocz or frag dom or something, they change their name at each competition) and before that Team Pandemic held the top rank as being undefeated for well over a year or two in competition.

13. Neoteric

[/b][/quote]Different teams.

SK-Gaming is still PvP sponsored, but their PvP team is based out of the US with Neilyo and such. The SK guild in Europe was SK PvE. Nihilum PvP hasn't been around, at least not competitively, for a while (I believe mid season 3). They were the #1 and #2 PvE guilds in the world though.

SK Gaming isn't the top in PvP atm either, nor was Nihilum ever. The last team that won a competition and the one before that was Hafu's team I believe (ocz or frag dom or something, they change their name at each competition) and before that Team Pandemic held the top rank as being undefeated for well over a year or two in competition.
    [/b][/quote]

Damn. It's been a while.

I just went out and bought WoW, BC and WotLK again. I haven't played in 3 years and couldn't remember my account name/password. Tech support wasn't much help, though it's mostly my fault for using fake information, I'm not sure why I did.

I'm downloading all the updates right now, in about an hour I'll be ready to play. Then I'll have to sit through the queue...

14. dementia

Hehe, welcome back then =P

I am exploring Northrend on my death knight, gogogo L80.

15. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

I've been trying to power level a shaman to 70. 28 hours play time, and I'm level 27. Not going too bad.