WoW - World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by xSkullx, May 29, 2007.

1. xSkullx

xSkullx Well-Known Member

What is World of Warcraft?

As a massively multiplayer online game, World of Warcraft enables thousands of players to come together online and battle against the world and each other. Players from across the globe can leave the real world behind and undertake grand quests and heroic exploits in a land of fantastic adventure. Click here to read more.

What does World of Warcraft have to offer?

Unlike other MMORPGs, World of Warcraft allows players to play the game at their own pace, whether it be a few hours here and there or entire weeks at a time. The quest system also provides an enormous variety of captivating quests with story elements, dynamic events, and flexible reward systems. World of Warcraft also features a faster style of play, with less downtime and an emphasis on combat and tactics against multiple opponents.

Below are some features found in World of Warcraft:

Ten playable races
    Nine playable classes
    Multiple professions each with unique benefits
    Thousands of quests to undertake and complete
    Multiple modes of transportation
    Extensive and elaborate storyline
    Four realm types for differing styles of play

People might not like it as much as Guild Wars and such, like me. Well, I cant judge it now because I haven't actually reached the certain levels that makes the game a little fun, so I'm up to trying it out.

2. ShneakySquirrel

ShneakySquirrel Well-Known Member

Ummm.... what was the point of posting this? The game has been around long enough for us to know about it..... and you are only the billionth person to check it out....
    [​IMG]

Use that... it's their for a reason ;)

3. Shinobi

Shinobi Senior Member

agree

To me all the fun is from level 40-69.
    Everything below and after that is a borefest or grindfest.

4. Nasuul

Nasuul Well-Known Member

Well personally i find lvling up a borefest tbh.

I much more enjoy either PVPing on my 70 rogue or running around questing or running instances or raiding to get better gear/rep/gold.

Due to the fact i work full time and have a life on the weekends i really only play a couple hours in the mornings, but im still up with the others. And its a great stress releaver.

5. essence2

essence2 Well-Known Member

WoW is a game of time spent rather than skill.. I really dislike the gear dependency for a majority of classes in PvE and pvp.... I quit it for counter-strike.

6. [ED] Possesed Ninja

[ED] Possesed Ninja Well-Known Member

I usually hop on my 70 rouge and raid alliance towns (Goldshire MUST BURN).

7. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Extremely incorrect. You cannot walk into the game brand-new with the best gear in the game, and expect to be good. The time spent is to better understand your class and how to use it to it's fullest advantages.

PVP provides a always-changing environment that few people have mastered. There is no "#1" more just a winner, and loser at certain points.

PVE provides a chance to truly test yourself in a variety of environments as well, but their more scripted, and therefor, more predictable. So they are sometimes easier to master.

The game has both PVE and PVP, but it does focus on the end-game raiding(PVE) over PVP. I can sit and play World of Warcraft for 8 hours and not get bored. I can play, a max of, 3 hours of CS1.6/S and grow bored. Stop hating on a game you do not understand.

8. Shinobi

Shinobi Senior Member

I did that when I was 60 (DK's sucked :( )
    Darkshire was the best place.