Wow Players Please Read.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by solakaboy, Feb 17, 2007.

1. solakaboy

solakaboy Well-Known Member

Ok, i am going to be geting World of Warcraft soon and i want to find some good information about the charactars and servers.

so... What servers are the best and reasons? PVP (player vs player) or PVE (player vs enviroment).

In PVE can you kill other players?

What is the best charactar combo? (reasons too please)

What are the best profesions? (reasons too please)

please answer my questions.

2. desudood1

desudood1 Member

so... What servers are the best and reasons? PVP (player vs player) or PVE (player vs environment). PVP if you like PVP, PVE if you like doing things without disturbances. There is also RP and RPPVP. Rp is role-playing.

In PVE can you kill other players? Yes. In battlegrounds, or if you are flagged for PVP.

What is the best character combo? IMO, now it is Belf rogue.

What are the best professions? When I played (PRE BC) Money makers were I believe mining and smithing.

3. Link_2006

Link_2006 Well-Known Member

If you get burning crusade, the expansion, be blood elf. No matter what class they are they look amazing and are nice to use. I don't have WoW but my friends do.

I'd say be a mage or druid. Warrior, to many of them. Although rogue is a sick class aswell.

4. Marforce

Marforce Senior Member

1) PVE or PVP is personal preference, leveling (I've leveled on both to 50 now) is immensely easier on a PVE server.

2) On a PVE server yes, there are battlegrounds

3)Personal Preference

4) For making money: Mining/Herbalism and ESkinning
    Novelty: Engineering

5. Holy Sh*t!

Holy Sh*t! Member

so... What servers are the best and reasons? PVP (player vs player) or PVE (player vs enviroment).

A: if your from EU id say Aszune. Its the server im on, im on many servers ATM and most others are overcrowded or boring, or have way too many of one class, horde/alliance massively overpower one another or more...

Id say dont join PvP if you are new to the game as you may find it quite difficult and very annoying(to the fact that you will quit) when other players keep killing you. RPG is crap - so id say join PvE (Normal) servers, as Aszune is.

In PVE can you kill other players?

Yes you can in both battlegrounds, contested areas and anywhere if they have pvp toggled on (usually alot when ppl forget hehe)

What is the best charactar combo? (reasons too please)

Human Mage
    Gnome Warlock
    Night Elf Hunter
    Human Paladin
    Draenei Priest
    Draenei Shaman
    Night Elf Druid
    Dwarf Hunter(if you like guns only =))
    Human Rogue

Horde:
    Troll Hunter
    Tauren Druid
    Orc Shaman
    Undead Priest
    Undead Rogue
    Undead Mage
    Blood Elf Pala
    (not sure about the rest dont like horde)

What are the best profesions? (reasons too please)

Entirely depends on what you like..
    Human - tailoring / enchanting
    Draenei - Jewelcrafting / mining

Id say the best classes are
    #1 Druid (can do basically anything, 2nd best tank, 2nd best healer, buffs etc)
    #2 Priest (amazing 1v1, best healing, ALWAYS needed in raids , can take damage due to fast healing and shields), shackle undead

rest / what theyre good for
    Warrior - best tank
    Pala - 3rd best tank, 3rd best healer (hate palas... theyre really useless theyre only good for buffs imo)
    Shaman - healing ok, uses a lot of mana though - can tank to an extent, great buffs with totems.
    hunter - lots of dps at range, traps are useful, can take some damage, pets can tank
    mage - massive dps, cant take melee damage, polymorph
    warlock - dots are good, pet can tank
    rogue, low dps, can stun (not really that good - can sap but useless if mage is present or priest to shackle) only good in pvp if unseen 1st, can creep to npcs/ chests in raids etc

Id say hunter is the "funnest" class,
    i have a 62 night elf hunter (highest lvl, good solo + has pet even though theyve been downgraded =( )
    58 draenei priest (best so far) =)
    and a 60 human mage
    60 night elf druid (best all rounder - also good solo)
    rest are lower levels..

If you need any more info just p/m me and ill tell you anyhting you need xD

6. desudood1

desudood1 Member

The reason I quit WoW is because I worked sooo hard to get the gear I had (tier2/2.5) and all for nothing when BC came out. I am now living a happy, WoW-less life :)

7. FlanteJuice

FlanteJuice Well-Known Member

8. scarletham

scarletham Well-Known Member

PvE servers are for wimps.

Druids suck. Don't roll a druid. Roll a Warlock, or a Rogue, if you really want to melt faces.

Mining/Herbalism.

9. Holy Sh*t!

Holy Sh*t! Member

Rogues are only good pvp and are only good if they get the 1st attack

locks are ok, takes a while for the damage to happen due to DoTs etc, pet can help. theyre alright

10. Aedus

Aedus Senior Member

Same.

What happens when you get "The best" gear in this expansion?!

They will bring out MORE content which you have to play lifelessly for, to get the best gear and be one of the best

Avoid WoW, I played it for so long, now I look back and think "Why did I give up EVERYTHING for that?"

11. [ED] Aose

[ED] Aose Well-Known Member

What servers are the best and reasons? PVP (player vs player) or PVE (player vs enviroment). IMO PVP servers suck...theres nothing worse then you trying to kill something for a quest when a level 60 rogue pops out of no where and kills you in one backstab, then sit on your corpse and will not let you spawn until higher levels on your side come to your aid.

In PVE can you kill other players? Yes, you type /pvp and you become flagged for PVP...or even better, you can join battlegrounds...where everyone is forced to go pvp and you play games like CTF, take and hold, and destroy their general.

What is the best charactar combo? All "classes" are basically equal in the game, it depends on what you want to do

Warrior - Tank, meele, normal ammount of damage
    Priest - Heal, shadow/holy spells, low health
    Druid - Healing, can turn into creature forms for combat
    Hunter - Arrows, has an attacking pet for an off-tank
    Rogue - Melee, can go stealth and jump out at enemies
    Paladin - Off-tank (horribly), healing, melee/spells, bubble hearth
    Warlock - Summon deamons, shadow/fire spells, low health
    Mage - ice/fire/arcane spell, weak melee, low health
    Shaman - All round, but not good at anything, melee, buff spells

What are the best profesions? Like the classes, they are all basically even:

If you are a squishy (warlock, mage, priest) then it's a good idea to go tailoring and enchanting....because you can make yourseld armor (cloth) and disenchant the green armor you make)

When picking a profession, make sure you also get the profession that goes with it

i.e. mining and black smithin/jewlcrafting, or leatherworking and skinning.

Hope this helps.

12. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

PvE Servers = Use these to get started. You can't be ganked (killed while questing/leveling, etc.) unless you run around flagged for PvP, then its fair game like a PvP server.

PvP Servers = You WILL be killed, when questing, when grinding, and while just randomly running around. Griefing is allowed, where you can kill quest givers so that players can't get quests, etc. etc. EVERYTHING is fair game on PvP servers, and its EASILY frustrating to some players.

In PvE you can kill other characters, but only if they are flagged for PvP (their name will apply in Red, and you can only attack flagged players of the opposing faction, being alliance / horde). If not, you can still duel players, and of course participate in BGs.

Draenei:
    Classes Available:
    Hunter, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Shaman, Warrior

Personal Preferance would say that being a Draenei Paladin, Warrior or Shaman would be the best classes for this race. Paladins get an extra heal, and they buff all the spellcasters and melee classes, warriors actually get a heal (which they didn't have in the past), shamans also get yet another additional heal, and also promote spellcasting and melee. The shadow passive also helps take down warlocks and shadow priests in PvP.

Dwarf:
    Classes Available:
    Hunter, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Warrior

Again, personal preference would be Priest, and Rogue. Priest for PvP purposes, in that stone form is VERY strong and can make or break you in a PvP encounter, especially against rogues. The treasure finding skill will help rogues stealth farm instances for drops a LOT easier.

Gnomes:
    Classes Available:
    Mage, Rogue, Warlock, Warrior

TBH, this is the only race where all the classes available benefit from the racial traits. Mages LIVE off of Intelligence, and when you have 400+ intelligence, getting another 20 on top of that is another % or two of crit, and increases your mana pool. It allows you to break out of movement inpairing effects for quick escape, and engineering is useful to all classes if your willing to spend the money required to make full use of it. Warlocks (specifically destruction spec) also benefit from this spec the same way that mages do. Rogues and Warriors really only benefit from the snare removing abilities and engineering bonus (and 15 is alot, anyone will tell you that normally from 285 to 300 engineering will kill you, but when your at 285, your already at 300).

Humans:
    Classes Available:
    Mage, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Warrior, Warlock

I personally see a large benefit in this race for Mages, Priests, and Paladins. All of which pretty much for the Perception (which isn't really needed to a warlock, the Felhunter pet does just as much). Spirit is useful, although not needed for all mana users, and Priests have a talent that allows for 100% spirit on a successful kill of anything that grants experience, allowed for a total of 210% instead of 200% of spirit, not much, but enough. Paladins obviously for sword/mace, but also perception and spirit (since they use mana just as much as anyone else).

Night Elves:
    Classes Available:
    Druid, Hunter, Priest, Rogue, Warrior

The only thing that really makes this race truly useful is Shadowmeld, and the ability to get back to your corpse faster in those fast respawn areas. Being that you cannot move while in shadowmeld, its best to have a long distance class like priest or hunter, and rogue/druid also gain benefits from it. Shadowmeld is greatly strengthened when a rogue or druid uses it, because they have a natural ability of stealth. Ranged people (hunter / priest) just allow you to stand there until someone passes on PvP and then hit them with a powerful spell as they run by, etc. Also very useful in PvP, mainly in BGs.

Blood Elves:
    Classes Available:
    Hunter, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Warlock

First off, lemme say that 90% of the time, ranged characters won't benefit in the least bit from this race, Mana Tap and Arcane Torrent scale for ---- with casters. Paladins and rogues are the 2 classes that truly benefit from this (mainly rogues) since they are all within close range most of the time, and this gives paladins and rogues an ability to pull (where paladins don't really have anything to pull with). It greatly helps when a rogue can stealth into a group of casters, and silence them all, and run or focus on one or two casters, etc.

Orcs:
    Classes Available:
    Hunter, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior

Another race where virtually all classes benefit from. Bloodfury now applies to spell damage giving you 150 (I believe) +spelldamage at level 70. Stun effects help nullify rogue stunlocks, the pet damage is great for hunters and warlocks. 282 attack power is quite a bit, and a rogue or hunter can easily take every class out in that time, but the increase in attack power just helps it out more. Shamans are also obviously a class that benefits greatly, as warriors do as well for the attack power.

Taurens:
    Classes Available:
    Druid, Hunter, Shaman, Warrior

The stomp is more handy than it seems. Too many times have I seen it used to escape a group of mobs on a bad pull. The health is also a great increase (average self buffed druid has over 10-11K health in bear form at level 70, which in turn gives you another 500-1000 health). All classes available really benefit from the racials, no real complaints here about it.

Trolls:
    Classes Available:
    Hunter, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warrior

IMO this race just screams Hunter. Low Life Beserk + Rapid Fire + Fast Bow = haha GG. 1.60 speed * 0.60 * 0.70 = 0.67 speed. Nearly 2 arrows a second, add in some haste and your hitting 2 arrows a second (each hitting for a good 500-600 easy) and interrupting casters like crazy. Added regeneration greatly helps when grinding, and beast slaying... well there will be beasts the entire game as you level, especially as a troll.

Undead:
    Classes Available:
    Mage, Priest, Rogue, Warlock, Warrior

Cannibalize = GREAT for grinding, for all classes, especially warrior. WotF = probably the best racial trait for PvP purposes, right on top of Orc's bloodfury and stun resistance. All of the classes benefit from the racials, and its just an overall great race.

Classes (this I will just summarize the best I can):
    Druid - Best tanks currently, right on top of warriors, and also great DPS, healing, and damage spells (overall best class).

Hunter - High DPS, good armor, best soloing class in the game, great all around, cant heal and needs range to be able to DPS.

Mage - Best burst damage in the game (all the damage flows out very fast, and very hard). Generally the top of the damage charts with warlocks and rogues. VERY squishy (couple of hits from generally any class will equal death to a mage who doesn't know how to play his class well).

Paladin - Another jack of all trades. Can be a GREAT off-tank, great battle healing, can res. No long range to pull, and lack of damage spells (aka heavily reliant on equipment).

Priest - Your primary healer (generally). Great buffs, great heals, and can do good damage of spec'd for it (and heal almost as well, while in the process of DPSing)

Rogue - Your highest DPS in melee. These guys can keep going... and going... and going... and going. They are the energizer bunnies of DPS. They are slightly squishy, but can often kill most things they have to 1v1 before getting hit alot. They don't use mana, and regen their energy quickly. Great PvP class and awesome PvE class, though not often a part of groups, as most prefer ranged DPS over melee DPS.

Shaman - Another all around character. Much like a paladin (only marginally weaker and marginally stronger in a few different aspects) you can heal, tank, do elemental damage, and also bring a nice array of party buffs from your totems to the group, can resurrect self every 30 minutes.

Warlock - Second best soloer, arguably the single best long battle DPS (and sometimes single best burst, if your destro). Uses damage most aren't immune to (shadow for affliction / demon spec, and fire for destro) and can ressurect others once every 30 minutes.

Warrior - Probably the least powerful class in the game. DPS is laughable when compared to a rogue, mage, warlock, druid or enhancement shaman. Used to tank well, but lack the health druids do, the DPS to help hold aggro even better, and is EXTREMELY gear dependant (in that if you don't have atleast remotely decent gear, its GG for you). Has lower health and lower armor, and lower DPS than druids, and makes life harder on healers in groups (and their mana efficiency), but has better skills for pulling aggro.

Classes are not 'balanced' 1v1, but in groups is when it shows that all classes bring SOMETHING to the group. Often times you will hear a particular class is imba (imbalanced) or OP (over powered), but thats generally biased on the fact they couldn't beat that class in PvP. In PvE they balance eachother out in groups.

Professions, its really up to you. I prefer using professions that help me level more...

Skinning / Leatherworking
    Mining / Jewelcrafting
    Mining / Engineering
    Mining / Blacksmithing
    Tailoring / Enchanting
    Herbalism / Alchemy
    Skinning / Herbalism (Gold Maker)
    Skinning / Mining (Gold Maker)

Skinning = if you fight alot of beasts
    Mining = if you go into places with mountains often, but they are pretty much all over
    Tailoring = if you fight alot of humanoids
    Herbalism = pretty much all over like mining, but ofc better in areas like feralas, etc. with a lot of plants

Those are the 3 gathering professions, the others are crafting professions.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I will try to answer them the best I can.

13. Holy Sh*t!

Holy Sh*t! Member

basically sums it up for you =] ^^

good luck with your char

14. Revenge Lord

Revenge Lord Well-Known Member

yeah its up with your.. you should experiment it first then once your used to it you can know what you want !

15. arbiter2005

arbiter2005 Well-Known Member

World of warcraft is currently giving a 10 day free trail..Register and play

The download is 3.5gb so you will need a fast connection to do it but if you have take a look...Wont cost you a peeny and doesnt ask for credit card details :D

Click here to go to the trail site

Enjoy :)

Arbiter