Would U Or Would U Not Lose Faith.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sapphire Blade, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Sapphire Blade

Sapphire Blade Well-Known Member

I was once a christian, but several things led me to doubt the bible alot. So right now, i'm basically an atheist (don't know if i spelled it correctly)...the only thing that i believe in is self definement/self destination (basically you control your future and nothing is pre-ordained). Every time i tell someone this i always get the following responses:
    omg
    your going to hell
    your with the devil
    yadda yadda yadda

so what i want to know is if you wouldn't honestly stop believing after experiencing the following things:

-let's start with living in the ghetto/hood/projects
    -my mom was a drug addict and lost custody of me when i was 3
    -i never knew my father
    -i watched my brother get hit by a car when i was 5
    -almost died from food poisoning (purposeful) when i was 7
    -my house..apartment thing was robbed of everything except for a pac man game
    -i was shot in the back
    -was living with my uncle (still am) who used to beat me until i bled
    -my house has caught fire
    -my uncle has sent me to jail on the charge of dtp (when he was the one being loud)...jail is not fun ;(

don't feel like naming anything else, i'm getting irritated. Anyway having faith through these things has done nothing really for me, that's why i choose self definement...my life will become whatever i want it to be. I already had doubts about the bible, just these things and alot of others really just pushed me away from it. Tell me would you still believe.

2. GuitarGuru

GuitarGuru Well-Known Member

ya i stopped beleiving after multiple things happen...... except some of them not as bad as yours lol

3. UV Street

UV Street Senior Member

Report that ---- the the police bro.

I know someone who'd personally tell you it's a test of fate but I wouldn't know. To be honest I've been thinking about life a lot really and I don't know what to think.

4. Dencity

Dencity Well-Known Member

"It's not the hand that you're dealt but how you play your
    cards"

On any other occasion I'd just say think about other people who have it worse, but theres obviously some really bad stuff there. Like the one guy above me said try going to the police. I believe in God, but even if someone ever found out how everything was created they would be restricted to release the information since there are many people who would die for what they believe in. No matter what you think, have faith.

5. AdReNaLiNe†

AdReNaLiNe† Well-Known Member

I've been in your shoes. Im atheist too.

6. .HaVoC.

.HaVoC. ┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐

i would still believe

what's with the Confederate Flag
    </span>

<a href=\'http://www.gamerenders.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=214135\' target=\'_blank\'><span style=\'color:#77E6FF\'>.HaVoC.'s Item Shop
    </a>

7. shortfusewar

shortfusewar Well-Known Member

naww i lost faith but in religion not that theres a supreme one or nothin religion is straight up gay

try satinism? maybe itll work?

dude..id get some homies and jump ur uncle ----ing get some beanies and make em masks beat his ass then dont come home for a week

8. Iced

Iced Well-Known Member

Nope i don't believe in god therefore i'm leaving this discussion :)

9. Mounty

Mounty Well-Known Member

^^ you should. There is only one God, and your purpose in life should be for god.

10. Chadwick

Chadwick Senior Member

I have never believed in God, and don't plan on it. But you never know, something may happen and my beliefs may change.

What you choose to believe is your right. After all those things I don't think I would still have faith if I even had any to begin with.

In my opinion the Bible is all lies, although the stories can be midly entertaining at times if you lack proper literature to wet your apetite.

Also, to all the people that give you that "you're going to hell" bull---- and how you're with the devil, inform them that if Muslims are correct then he'll be spending his time in Heaven with Osama.

11. [.BC.] Aedus

[.BC.] Aedus Well-Known Member

Life to Christians is a test, to see if you keep faith.
    If you keep faith through all of the good and bad times you shalt be embraced in god's paradise, or something I dunno i'm not really into a certain religion myself.

It's like an ant farm, something happens inside the ant farm but you can't do anything to help 1 ant, you let them get on with it and hope for the best.

That's what it's like for "god"

To me:

God is faith, god will help you through things knowing that there is some super natural power looking over you, that's all god will ever be

Religion is there to help you be a good person and help you keep the faith that god gives you

Heaven is having faith before you die that there is something else, but there probably isn't, it's just a belief and hope that there is.

Hell is knowing there is nothing else, you are just 12ft under and going to stay there forever more.

At the end of the day dude, it's your choice wether you believe or not, good and bad things happen to everyone, I remember a comedian saying: "If you add up all of the good and bad times you had, everyone ends up equally miserable as eachother" or something like that.

1 thing that can never ever be taken away from you is faith if you want to keep it, just remember that

12. Delta Iori

Delta Iori Member

I Never Believed In The First Place.

I Am An Atheist, And I'll Tell You One Thing. If Anybody Ever Says Anything About Going To Hell Or Being Satanic, You Need To Tell Them To Go F*** Themselves. They Have No Right, Because They Know Nothing.

As For Once Having Faith, Yes, That Can Lose It For You. Although I Wouldn't Know, I'd Still Say These People Are Idiots For Judging You.

They Believe In A God, And Yet They Act Like Ones, How Disgusting...

13. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

yea i guess i would loose faith if i were in a condition as severe as yours

14. skinklizzard

skinklizzard New Member

honestly I can't say one way or the other whether I would or wouldn't lose faith ... One thing I can say is that those who say you are going to hell or are satanic are f---ing assholes, seeing as the christian religion states that judgement is reserved for god and that we have free will. So really it's your choice and no one should judge you for losing faith and becoming an athiest.

15. Galione

Galione Well-Known Member

Don't try to force your fairy tail bs on ppl you ignorant -------

Anyways, I am agnostic so I can go either way, basically I am not going to follow something that hasn't ever been physically proven to the tooth, I have reasonable doubts to say there is not but I am not ruling out the fact that there might be.........

I just look at the way ppl are with religion and see how biased they are, and how many ppl died in the name of religion and I see it as ppl fighting over a fairy tail such as Alice in Wonderland cause ppl have different versions of it and they will kill the other one in the name of their version.......

too many lives wasted but hey as long as that ---- is happening I have some entertainment.