World Of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Fusic, Aug 25, 2008.

1. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

I used to enjoy those realms when I only had shitty gear.

Now... well my gear is better than anything I can get on the tournament realm... so anything I could do on the tournament realm I could do even easier on the real realms...

Don't see a point tbh.

Grats on calamity's grasp btw. I haven't been following rogues since 3.0.8, is S/F sub or combat superior atm, or is assassination or F/F sub the superior spec in PvE atm?

2. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

It's kind of, an iffy subject. 3.0.8 didn't hit Muti Rogues that hard but Combat's just getting better. And with 3.1 we gain another 10% base haste, and more damage on poisoned targets (Both deep combat talents).
    The main reason Combat hasn't been quite up to Assassinations standards recently is purely due to lack of swords, when the talent changes come with 3.1 having a 4/5 SwordSpec/QCCSpec won't be as viable as you'll have to miss out on key talents ; Combat Rogues will be desperately trying to get Double Fists/Daggers, Swords or Maces.

If Calamity's Grasp was a sword, Combat would be winning without fail ; and if Ulduar brings out swords to equal level of Daggers, or heck, nearly up to the level. You'll see Combat Swords being the top spec once again.

3. scarletham

scarletham Well-Known Member

In regards to KT drops, I've only seen one Torch of Holy Fire, and I downed KT every reset from late November to early February : |

Also, to whoever plays the rogue Silence that was linked before, I'm curious as to why you would put 4/5 points into Imp Swords (when all you have is a sword on OH, etc) and any more than 5 points into Subtlety over Ruthlessness and Lethality :eek:

4. `sparks

`sparks Jcoca

Just finished up 25 Sarth+2d with only 23 people...cake, hopefully we'll get +3 next week. Nothing like finishing content late as hell.

5. SM ni ft y

SM ni ft y Well-Known Member

Epic fail.
    [/b][/quote]

Fury Warriors are very strong at the moment, though not sure they warrant a 10% nerf, which is very harsh.

Meh, I don't care, Rogues are getting much love.
    [/b][/quote]
    Yeah we're a tad OP and realize that, but as you said 10% nerf is very harsh and not necessary. More effective reducing damage slightly from certain attacks or reducing bleed damage as well seeing as it makes up a lot of DPS. Oh well, hoping somehow they change their minds. If it does go again however, we'll be near useless. Crap DPS, tanks who aren't nearly as useful as the other classes, gg for warriors.

6. pwnzor

pwnzor Senior Member

Balance pvp.

Nuff said.

Get a ret pally and a DK then coast your way to 1900's. So ----.

7. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

3D is a bit harder, more portals, more void zones, more idiots screwing it up. 2D Is easy because of the amount of time you have to down drake #1 before the third drake comes (because you kill drake 2 beforehand, obviously Shadron). The main thing with keeping him alive is anyone who enters the portal (and everyone should except MT and a couple of healers, or at least most guilds go in) take over 1k damage per second. Paired with this, it is even *more* important to have more single target dps than in Sarth 2D. Shadron also adds one of the most significant damage multipliers to the fight as well.

http://www.stratfu.com/blog/2009/02/vw-tanks-sarth-3d/ btw...

Fury Warriors are very strong at the moment, though not sure they warrant a 10% nerf, which is very harsh.

Meh, I don't care, Rogues are getting much love.
    [/b][/quote]
    Yeah we're a tad OP and realize that, but as you said 10% nerf is very harsh and not necessary. More effective reducing damage slightly from certain attacks or reducing bleed damage as well seeing as it makes up a lot of DPS. Oh well, hoping somehow they change their minds. If it does go again however, we'll be near useless. Crap DPS, tanks who aren't nearly as useful as the other classes, gg for warriors.
    [/b][/quote]
    If they nerfed them too much they will buff them again. They are nerfing DW dks as well, and aff locks, dks and fury warriors are the top damage on nearly every fight atm. Good thing dks will still pull comparable damage with 2 handers lol.

Every class has a strength in arena.

DK and Pallies are just the most resistant to burst damage while being able to deal damage. DK from their cooldowns and paladins because of well... their cooldowns too.

8. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

Because I know how to spec correctly?

The Rogue's mine.
    If you look at the Combat Tree, having 4 points in Sword Spec actually has no negative effect on your raid DPS as the 4 talent points that you'd usually have to put in away, go into albeit useful but overall purely utility buffs that do not buff your raid DPS.

At this moment in time, the only better off-hand in-game for me would be "Webbed Death" and that's purely due to speed, should Webbed Death drop then I'd swap the 4 points out of sword spec ; however my current weapon set-up is the second best in game (Except swapping Hailstorm in for Widow's) as the 4 points really have no negative effect, and Sword spec is very powerful. Not to mention off-hand hits are the ones generating your extra energy via combat potency so sword spec in your OH generates more energy and therefore more DPS then an equal DPS fist in your OH. (I have a Hand of Nerub in the bank, same DPS as the sword, not as good to use until patch 3.1 hits).

As for having quite so many points in Sub, it's to reach the talents that buff your Rupture damage (By far and large the biggest Combat Rogue damage dealer aside from white damage) and the spec I'm using is the best spec in game for a Combat Rogue, as proven by Elitist, numerous of the top rogues, my own testing and generally what makes sense.

/thread

9. `sparks

`sparks Jcoca

Ehhh, most of the top combat raiding rogues use 15/51/5 especially now since HaT is fixed...

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xm...s&n=Naihiko

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xm...s&n=Mclóvin

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xm...&n=Claypool 18/51/2

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xm...on&n=Inthya

10. scarletham

scarletham Well-Known Member

Don't get too excited bud, was an honest question as I don't know the first thing about proper rogue speccing.

11. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

Having a look at EJ now, and checking some specs to see what's going to work best for my rotation. Considering changing spec, we'll see. Going to have to pick up Webbed Death before 3.1 comes out though.

12. kirbir

kirbir Senior Member

I still don't get what all the fuss is about this game but now my boyfriend is into it and loves it, lol.

Said its very addictive.

13. Mortified Penguin

Mortified Penguin Senior Member

It's a game for homos.

And Dem.

14. kirbir

kirbir Senior Member

You be trollin... damn troll! Did make me lol though :D

So, whos gonna tell me what all the fuss is about? Hes trying to get me to join and im like... 'hell no'

15. Undertow

Undertow Senior Member

Also Conor <3