World Of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Fusic, Aug 25, 2008.

1. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

Karazahn took longer than Maly + Naxx + Sarth 25m did overall.

Also... how in the hell do you let a boss touch a healer?

Gluth is just like flipping Patchwerk or Loatheb, all you do is TPS, he's not tricky, he doesn't hit hard, just damage him till he's dead. The only thing I can think of is his decimate hit and a zombie was on the healer before they swapped targets to Gluth.

2. `sparks

`sparks Jcoca

The undying title isn't horrible, we had 8 get Undying and The Dedicated Few in the same run. Then had another 10 get undying on thursday, sending in our last 10man group tonight to do it. Then we'll go for Immortal on Tuesday and Sarth+3D on Wednesday(25man).

3. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

He bugged.
    Simple as.

4. dementia

Immortal is even worse.

There are some no name guilds with Immortal and some higlhy prestigious guilds that still can't get it because of luck and lag and how buggy the encounters are despite what blizz says.

All 25 members instead of 10 can't be mentally ill.

Unfortunately it's usually a melee that screws it up. Thaddius, Heigan, sometimes Patchwerk (our rogues pulled aggro for instance), and 4 Horsemen are all notorious for destroying our Immortal attempts.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

Dem, I can see you playing like southpark kids did. Just taking a piss in a water bottle and not getting out of that chair for hours.

6. dementia

I haven't gone to that extent, but Ihave been logged into WoW for periods over 24 hours straight without a problem.

I just ate at the computer in AFK status and took bathroom breaks as needed.

Haven't really been playing much lately though. No desire to play without a guild, especially since pugging is horrible and I don't want to waste 8 hours doing malygos.

7. scarletham

scarletham Well-Known Member

Compared to early WoW UBRS + MC progression, Naxx/Maly/OS took as long as it took people to down Drakkisath on release servers.

8. sos

sos Active Member

Yea melee dies ALL the time in my guild, damn warriors. On trash usually the mages, locks and warriors die on us because they are douche bags and dont have a sense of what threat is (more at mages and locks)

9. dementia

The original wow was designed heavily with influences from the lead game developer in everquest, one of the most tedious raiding games on the planet, of course it had some stupid encounters that people had issues with.

This new stuff is... pathetic. Pugs on my server were running successful 25 mans within a week of Ensidia clearing all the content.

At the end of TBC you were lucky to find pugs capable of doing 3/4 TK, much less Kael.

10. scarletham

Pre or post 3.0 ;)

But yes, I don't think anybody who plays WoW and is actually half decent at it would argue that content is fine atm.

11. `sparks

`sparks Jcoca

Annnnnd lost Undying to a DC on Heigan. Hopefully we manage Sarth+3D this week so I can take a ------ing break.

12. scarletham

Just curious, when is your guild having its problems on 3D? Is your Sarth tank dying, adds killing people, etc

13. Prince Zainx

Prince Zainx The Dark Prince

Ok I know I shouldn't ask this but..does anyone still play Warcraft III TFT ???

Cuz I'm too bit of a poor ass to buy WOW and pay for it :(

14. pwnzor

pwnzor Senior Member

I play TFT every now and again.

Just for DOTA though.

On a completely different note.
    Give Druids a ------ing AoE Heal that heals straight up..THEN follows with the HOT. Wild Growth can lick my sack for anything but topping people up.

15. dementia

Most of the time it's the tank.

Sarth 3D tanks need some pretty much amazing gear to do well. I have near best in slot and still come near death quite a bit when I was tanking it on the PTR today (tanks got buffed, esp dk tanks, and yeah, given, it was pug healers, but most of them had the title, so meh).