World Of Warcraft Worth A Buy ? Or Guild Wars ?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SuicidalS0ulja, Aug 17, 2006.

1. SuicidalS0ulja

SuicidalS0ulja Well-Known Member

Im thinking of buying this game and wanted to know is it worth the monthly fee ??
    I liked runescape but not FFXI (or watever FF is on 360) i like the various skills and tasks of runescape along with the fighting and graphics of FF is WoW anything like that ?? thanks.

Edit: Thanks to this forum and the internet i now can't choose between WoW and Guild Wars . . .

2. umbra1114

umbra1114 Well-Known Member

i personally hate the WoW universe but a million people who play the game says otherwise get it and try it out. if you dont like it then dont play it. im sure there are free trials around online. good luck :D

3. MSGoose

MSGoose New Member

yeah WOW is a pretty cool game, i have it and have 2 toons at lvl 60 which until the new expansion is the highest level, personally i prefer FPS games than the MMORPG but it was nice for a change and i also don't like having to pay to play when i have already spent money to buy it. now if it were a free download and then have to pay for it, like how EVE Online is set up then that is a little different.

4. Nighty^

Nighty^ Senior Member

wow is boring. play guildwars if you want to play mmorpg.

5. Dior

Dior -1xx,x00 credits.

WoW is amazing, but beware, its very addictive.
    I myself bought it at the release (in Sweden) after i saw my cousin playing the US Version, and i fell in love with it. It was the first MMORPG i ever played, and i fell in love with the concept, the graphics, the storylines, everything.

But once in a while, i saw my money disapperaed, and the sad reality was the monthly fee. So i started buying Game Cards, but then my mom started to hate the game and threatend to smash the comp into pieces, so I had to stop playing.

Now I want to play again, but im to lazy to lvl a new character so, i guess i gotta search for it on Swedish selling sites. :P

EDIT; Wow, this gotta be the longest non tut/auction post i ever made XD

6. SuicidalS0ulja

SuicidalS0ulja Well-Known Member

Hmmm is guild wars pay monthly ?? And also if i decide to get it do i have to buy the original or can i go straight ahead and buy Guild wars factions ??

(and thanks everyone for the feedback) more is still welcomed lol :D

7. Nighty^

Nighty^ Senior Member

u dont need to pay monthly fee in GW, and u can go ahead and buy fractions. u dont need original to play fraction.

8. Eonic

Eonic Well-Known Member

Personally I despise WoW so I'd go for GW any day. Plus they don't try to leech money off you on a monthly basis so you can keep playing.

9. Ikuzo

Ikuzo Well-Known Member

I've got both. GW is a joke compared to WoW.

It's like such a basic MMORPG. WoW setup is way diffrent then most MMORPG engines.

Esspically the PvP in GW sucks >_>

10. ThA-ViLLAin

ThA-ViLLAin Well-Known Member

Omg I think I'm going ot buy Guild Wars, it sounds so sexy, plus my cousin already has WoW and he has lvl 60 toon so if I want WoW I'll get it off him since he stopped playing

Would you guys recommend me to get Guild Wars? I saw it at Wal-Mart the other day for a decent price

11. Mirage.

Mirage. Well-Known Member

id go with wow