World Of Warcraft Vs Guild Wars

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Raziel, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Raziel

Raziel Well-Known Member

So me and a friend been arguing about WoW and GW. The thing is i managed to save enough money to get WoW. After telling him that i'm going to buy WoW (finally!) he tells me to think it over and get GW instead since he says it's more complex and has a better comunity, plus there's no monthly fee. I saw some videos over YouTube of Guild Wars and the graphic itself seemed kinda weird.

So, which do you think is best and worth the money?

2. mg53

mg53 Well-Known Member

GW is fun but I got tired of it pretty quickly. If you're going to be playing for the long haul get WoW.

3. Shinobi

Shinobi Senior Member

GW gets old quick

and WoW has a better community

4. .Simplicity

.Simplicity Well-Known Member

If you like PvP, don't get WoW, I warn you, their PvP system sucks.

I had both games, and ended up spending most of my time on GW, so I canceled my WoW account...

GW is more about skill than having the best equiptment, as all the equiptment is balanced...

WoW looks cartoony, if you like that then get it, GW is *less* fantasy based and actually looks good...

Get GW, I've had it for over a year and haven't gotten bored once, and I play daily.

^Opinions^

5. Raziel

Raziel Well-Known Member

Also, i have a question for the people that played WoW.
    If i pay for my first month, i get the second one free, but i don't pay for the third. Does my account get closed and unable to be accesed again if i pay another month? Do i have to pay continously every month to keep it opened, or i can pay whenever i want without the fear that the account will get deleted or w/e if i don't pay for one month?

6. G.S.Design

G.S.Design Senior Member

GW FTW!

Guild wars im planning on buying it, soon..
    I had WoW and its totaly gay, I hate the fact i have to pay for the new verison of warcraft when the other versions were free to play online... I payed 50 bucks and when i installed it i found out i had to pay another 15 dollars just o play it..Monthly.

GW is tottaly better, and remmber im not rich like all you guys that buy games daily...

7. Perdition

Perdition New Member

Once you open an account, you get 30 days free, then they start charging you in accordance to your payment package. If you stop paying, your account isn't cancelled, they keep all your characters and information saved until you pay again. But you do have to keep up the payments to actualy play.

I have a free 10 days game code pending, so if you can get the install discs from a buddy I can send you the code to try it out and if you like it and upgrade, I get a free 30 days :]

So everybody wins.

And my personal opinion is that if you can keep up the payments, go for WoW. Guild Wars is horribly short with a level cap at 20 and a low amount of characters you're allowed to create. Although the PvP aspects of GW are FAR better balanced than WoW where geared players roll the skilled, WoW has a much richer and intricate PvE world with new content added frequently.

But ultimately, the choice is yours.

8. Raziel

Raziel Well-Known Member

Yea, i heard about that system, Recruit-a-Friend.
    Well i'll install the game and after i do that, PM me the information about what patches i need to install and anything else. I can get the money for the account as well on the 5th next month, so it's gonna take some time.

9. [.BC] Spectra

[.BC] Spectra Well-Known Member

as a buyer of gw i was disappointed at the waste my $30. i was pissed off at how much it sucked. i was even in my buddies clan and sstill playing it sucked. i stopped at lvl 9. theres a lvl cap at 20. i would say the only thing i actually like about it was the fact u could customize ur character more. all in all it sucked go for WoW
    GUILD WARS=LINGEAGE* RIP

10. Creesco

Creesco Well-Known Member

I have played both games before, and I say WoW...just because the diveristy of players is better...lvl 60 night elf rouge just if you are curious..

11. [ED] Aose

[ED] Aose Well-Known Member

WoW is a much larger game, more levels, more weapons, more armor etc.

GW has gotten bigger because of factions, but for it to be really worth it you need both.

12. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

both are equally as good varying on the overall game, they both offer something different.

WoW = PvE
    GW = PvP

Simple as that, if your a PvP buff, GW PvP wins by far, if your a PvE nut, then WoW is for you (unless your more experienced and alot more patient, then FF XI is for you).

13. BiG D.c

BiG D.c Well-Known Member

id go fr WoW
    its soo good to play you never get tired
    GW is fun in the begining but after that you get tired

14. mazik

mazik Well-Known Member

I've played both Guild Wars and WoW and found that GW was by FAR the better game. I've been playing since a week after release(about 13 months ago) and I still have plenty to do. They regularly update the game to balance ksills, fix bugs and the developers are wonderful wehn itt comes to listening to the community. There's a ton to do to customize your character and with a level cap of 20 you don't ahve to spend long hours grinding so that you can finally get to the high-level areas. Like someone already said it's about skill rather then who has the best equipment, and even after you beat the story, there is plenty of end game content on both the PvE and PvP sid eof the fence.

WoW obvsiously has its merits and deff has a larger community, with something like 6 million sucsribers, according to Blizzard. Hwoever, I found it a much duller game, I played for a month and a half and at that time, I could hardly bring my self to open the game, because it felt like a chore, too much grinding for my liking.

If you have the money to support the monthly fees for WoW, i would suggest you get Guild Wars and Guild Wars:Factions instead. Not to mention Guild Wars will be releasing a new expansion every 6 months apparnetly.

15. .parfekt//

.parfekt// Senior Member

WoW is more better even if you have to pay, I found GW boring after first month of playing.. it just go so boring and stupid =| no interesting spells or anything..

WoW.. oh baby, farming for money = sexah.