Working Out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zabiMARU., Oct 12, 2006.

1. [.BC.] bsk84091

[.BC.] bsk84091 Well-Known Member

for abs you might want
    The Bicycle exercise is the best move to target the rectus abdominis (i.e., the 'six pack') and the obliques (the waist), according to a study done by the American Council on Exercise. To do this exercise correctly:
    1. Lie face up on the floor and lace your fingers behind your head.
    2. Bring the knees in towards the chest and lift the shoulder blades off the ground without pulling on the neck.
    3. Straight the left leg out to about a 45-degree angle while simultaneously turning the upper body to the right, bringing the left elbow towards the right knee.
    4. Switch sides, bringing the right elbow towards the left knee.
    5. Continue alternating sides in a 'pedaling' motion

2. ThA-ViLLAin

ThA-ViLLAin Well-Known Member

Zomg im 13
    Im like 5'7
    and im exactly 120 lbs.

I started working out last week, and its pretty fun

3. DiabloDj1

DiabloDj1 Well-Known Member

I see a bunch of people here are pretty damn.. well.. stupid..
    xelink is good with the whole workout thing, didnt finish readin what he said.

So he wants a six pac? That matters with BF%. If your fat, doesnt matter how many situps you do cuz fat will still cover your body...
    120 at 5'4".. hmm.. I got a friend 132 lbs. and 5'8", he doesnt got any 6 pac so chances are he doesnt either, although idk how the kid looks so idk.

Just lose weight, do an occasional workout if he wants...
    I dont think 200-300 per day is smart. I've done like 200 randomly, not on a schedule, the next day I could feel it.. and seeing as it doesnt help a whole lot.. bad idea.

Plus you at least need weighted sit ups.. I do incline sit ups with a 25 lb. weight on my chest if I bother with abs.

4. zabiMARU.

zabiMARU. Well-Known Member

well not exactly a 6-pack and stuff...

but when he takes his shirt off he doesnt want to see just a flat layer of skin lol,

5. DiabloDj1

So its flat..
    Thats good..
    Well, tell him to work his pecs a ---- load, then he can have boobs to look down on.
    yay.

6. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

for the majority of people though it comes down to having low bodyfat. you can take a model who has perfect abs and add on 20lbs of bodyfat and it all changes. I will admit I am an ectomorph so I am in an almost perpetual state of leanness(I don't think I've ever been above 10% bodyfat, i hoover around 8-9% even when dirty bulking, or atleast attempting to)

EDIT: the rare times i do trry to specifically target my as I do incline(about 80 degrees)crunches with 40lbs of weight for about 20 reps

7. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

bad post

8. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

To lose weight, even though you don't really need to but I think it will lower your body fat, eat more smaller meals instead of the usual 3 main big meals to speed up your metabolism. Then do situps on a decline bench (idk what else to call it but it's when your laying down and your feet are a foot or so higher than your head) with a 5 lb ball. This is what I do and I have a decent 6 pack. I'm 5'5 117 too and I drink a pop or 2 every day so I'm not sure if it's just genetics or cuz my metabolism is super fast or what.

9. Devilnaruto

Devilnaruto Senior Member

I do like 80 push-ups a day >.>. It works good on the chest, wish i lack there of lol. I try situps, but i dont really see results lol. I want some weights so i can work out more >.>.

10. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

HE should'nt work out in that age IMO.. You should first get to some good age like 18 then start working out.. :

11. DiabloDj1

Negative.
    Him doing the situps, maybe running, and those kinda exersices, not free-weights maybe...
    I'm 15 (and 10 months) and working out, nothing wrong with it really..

I'm not sure at the whole stunting growth thing tho.

12. Stealth09

Stealth09 Well-Known Member

Im 15 and I did free weights through the summer. it depend on how you do it, if your going for a body builders shape then you shouldn' work out below 18-21. If your just trying to get in shape, and lose some weight you'll be fine.

13. ThA-ViLLAin

ThA-ViLLAin Well-Known Member

Lol not 18, u can start when ur around 13-15

14. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

Oh and I meant to say don't pull too much weight and all. I heard it prevents you from gaining height. :eek:

15. BabyLeo

BabyLeo Well-Known Member

The easiest way for him to do this would be what some people call Swedish Workouts, don't ask why it's called that it just is. Someone earlier mentioned inclined situps, do those, they actually work, but he will need some weights, so tell him to have those weights and hold them agianst his stomach as he does the sit ups. The inclinced push-ups will not only work his biceps, they will define his pecs and his back muscles. As for the incredible amounts that everyone here is suggesting don't do that, they don't realize that this probably his first time working out no? Well I suggest doing roughly about 30 each morning, right when he gets up and 30 again right before he goes to bed. If he can do this easily, then up it by 5 and so on. In a matter of about 2-3 weeks, he should see a difference.