Working Out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zabiMARU., Oct 12, 2006.

1. zabiMARU.

zabiMARU. Well-Known Member

Ok, well my friend wants to start working out, and he told me to ask this...for some reason :huh: ...:)
    • He is 13.
      He is around 5'4.
      He is around 120 lbs.
    What type of workout should he do? Like how many of something, and a certain amount of etc.

Someone can answer, and then they can say how they work out :)

2. RebelYell101

RebelYell101 Well-Known Member

All depends on what he is wanting to accomplish. If he's wanting to bulk up, he needs to gain about 30 pounds, then do heavy weights with a low rep. If he is wanting to plain get into shape, then light weights with a high rep.

3. zabiMARU.

Ok he said that he wants to look like he has a 6-pack lol. Like no "blob" on his stomach.

Don't ask me why lol.

4. Stealth09

Stealth09 Well-Known Member

Does he want to gain mass?

High weight, low rep, low set.

5. .Rage.

.Rage. Well-Known Member

6-pack
    use a 5 pd. heavy ball
    sit ups
    or put feet in the air and reach with it

do 200 of those each a day
    and hell have a 6 pack in 2-3 months

6. zabiMARU.

he doesnt want mass. he wants to get in shape. with biceps (i think those are arm muscels lol) and his stomach.

something without a ball though lol, cause he cant get one.

he has two 5 lb weights.

what are some reasonable amounts of doing those?

7. DEADRIp

DEADRIp Well-Known Member

what he want will probly require a comonation of diet and exercise depending on the exercise hes doing he may want to lower his carbohydrate intake and up his protien intake to build muscle or alternatively limit himself to dietry guidlines and do regular exercise sit ups pushups swimming running even paddleing a surfboard is great for bicep and tricep building

8. 1a1a1a123

1a1a1a123 Well-Known Member

I wanna earn my 6 pack

9. UV Street

UV Street Senior Member

elektrik admit it; you're your own friend. You weigh 170 pounds and are twelve. I suggest sit ups <3

joking. I heard if you start working out you don't get taller. I wouldn't know though I don't work out but I have a 6 pack and am pretty fit just from sports. Tell your friend to start playing sports. Tell him to be physical and not just half-ass it.

10. l0nleystranger

l0nleystranger Well-Known Member

Yeah I got my 6-pack from all the sports I do and situps....Even a few here and there worked out. Like 200 a night or something like that...Hell get it if he really wants it.

11. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

f' the 5lb weights(they're OK for lateralraises and adding resistance to crunches but that is about it) do body weight exercises.
    wide grip chinups or pullups for back and biceps
    pushups
    single legged "jumping squats"
    upside down pushups

say one set of each 2 or 3 times a week, each rep being at failure.

either that or 200-300 reps worth of bicep curls and tricep extensions
    no really...
    at 5'8 and just under 100lbs when i started I was capable of 150 reps worth of bicep curls by my second workout. 5lbs is nothing. 10 or a 15 set is a necessity really. or better yet get a 100lb set with exchangeable plates cheap ones run at about $40

as for abs having good looking abs is primarily a matter of having low levels of bodyfat. you should be able to clearly see your ribs and sirates minor.

and again work everything not just your abs and arms, you'll look liek some sort of deformed fag otherwise.

[​IMG]

12. Aiden

Aiden Well-Known Member

I'm 6'1 and ive been working out for the past 2-3 years, that's a myth. I think it does stunt your growth a little when your alot younger.

13. Stealth09

Stealth09 Well-Known Member

5 lbs isn't enough weight to build mass (muscle)

He'll need more weight to add, or use his bodyweight in chinups. IF DONE PROPERLY!

Being able to CLEARLY see your ribs is not a healthy sign. Body fat is required to protect your organs, You can have 10% bodyfat, still be in amazing shape and not be able to see your ribs.

14. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

Tell the kid to join his middle school football team. By the time he hits his Sophomore year of high school, he'll be in shape if he keeps with it. Albiet, we had a pretty good workout schedule; we were at practice from four to six in high school, and from two to three thirty we were working out, and we could tack an extra hour of athletic study hall onto that if we wanted to.

Tell him most of all to keep with it. If he wants a six pack because he thinks it'll help him get laid or some bull---- like that, tell him to not bother. It's a commitment, not something to giggle about and compare it to the other kids in the gym locker room. Why does he want it? If he's actually serious about staying in shape, he should be at it right now, not asking around on the internet. It's simple, really.

If he's not interested in joining a sports team, he can still do it. However, I personally found it harder to work out when I didn't have the commitments of the football team (the periods where we weren't practicing is what I'm talking about). If he's got PE at school, tell him to triple what they do daily in that. Meaning if they do forty-five situps, forty-five jumping jacks, and forty-five pushups a day as well as run a mile, tell him to do the first three things daily (----, he can do most of it on commercial breaks on the TV - it ain't all that hard to find time), and run maybe two miles every other day of the week.

If he wants to go a step further, tell him to buy a used bench set. He doesn't need some shiny new set with everything but the kitchen sink on it; he needs some weights, a bar, and a bench. They run for under a hundred dollars, and if he begs his parents enough, they'll probably buy it for him and he won't have to pay a cent. Tell him to bench every other day of the week, and fill in the gaps with running. I personally take a day off on Sundays, but that's just me.

15. Hadouken

Hadouken Well-Known Member

Or just go to bodybuilding.com for some workout plans and find out how to make one, they have pretty good advice about how to gain mass and get toned. But around 150lb bench pressing and 40-70 pounds with a bicep curl using a barbell should do the trick. Did a good thing for me anyways, dunno if it'll work for your friend.