Women

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kingcraigj, Sep 11, 2006.

1. kingcraigj

kingcraigj Well-Known Member

well everyone knows there is this big competitive thing going on with men and women, were men think they are better than women, but i was thinking that if everyone was a women, would the world be a better place?

- when was the last time you saw a woman fighting a war?

- women tend to be less violent

- women arnt so matcho (lol) and dont ahve to go around trying to be the 'bigger man'

just something for you guys to think about :D

maybe us guys should take a note out of the womens books.

pleasde comment :D :wub:

2. GuitarGuru

GuitarGuru Well-Known Member

if youre a man you should have your manhood taken from you lol, thats my comment:P

3. Logicaly

Logicaly Senior Member

When was the last time I saw a woman fighting a war? How about we ask all the woman in the military? I could gladly call up my sister in the Air Force, and see if she can find out an average. ;)

Woman can also be just as violent as men, its just not reported as often, especially if their violent towards a male.

4. sage

sage Well-Known Member

Trade science and technology, sports, and advancement of the human species for clean laundry?

No thanks. :)

5. RikkuFox FTW

RikkuFox FTW Well-Known Member

If we were all female, no one here would exist...the world needs a man and woman to create life...-_-...
    If we were all women, we would be just as competitive. Come to my school and watch the girls basketball team, they are meanier then the guys...I'm on the guys varsity team, and we are almost scared of the girls...>_>...lol...

6. AlkaLie

AlkaLie Member

not violent, when was the last time uchecked break.com, i swear search up catfight u get hundreds, and tbh if we were all women, then we couldnt make babies, so it woule be like a genocide.

7. Logicaly

Logicaly Senior Member

Think before you speak next time, cause if I have to, I will post another long list and make you look foolish.

WOMEN, who have done things, or have been significant in history, just incase your wondering.

Abigail Smith Adams (1744-1818) - Wife of John Adams, 2nd President of the United States and mother of John Quincy Adams, 6th President. Known for her letters and opinions on society.
    Jane Addams (1860-1935) - Social Activist, founder of Hull House, charter member of the NAACP, Nobel Peace Prize winner and labor union organizer.
    Louisa May Alcott (1832-1888) - Seamstress, servant, teacher, Civil War nurse, and finally, author and novelist.
    Marian Anderson (1902-1995) - First African American to sing leading role with Metropolitan Opera, delegate to U.N.
    Susan Brownell Anthony (1820-1906) - Napoleon of the women's suffrage movement, mother of the 19th Amendment, abolitionist.
    Josephine Baker (1906-1975) - African-American international star, civil rights activist, World War II heroine.
    Ida B. Wells Barnett (1862-1931) - African-American educator, newspaperwoman, anti-lynching campaigner, founder NAACP.
    Clara Barton (1821-1912) - Civil War nurse, founder of the American Red Cross.
    Mary McLeod Bethune (1875-1955) African-American educator, founder of Bethune-Cookman College, Daytona Beach, Florida, Presidential advisor, recipient of Spingarn Medal.
    Sarah Bolton (1841-1916) - Noted Cleveland author of biographies, poetry and a temperance novel.
    Margaret Bourke-White (1904-1971) - Groundbreaking photo-journalist and author
    Mary Elizabeth Bowser ( 1839-?) - African-American Union spy in the Confederate White House.
    Belle Boyd (1844-1900) - Confederate spy during the Civil War.
    Molly Brown (1867-1932) - Titanic survivor and a woman who was determined to break the rules of "high society."
    Eliza Bryant (1827-1907) - African-American founder of the The Cleveland Home for Aged Colored People.
    Abbie Burgess (Grant) (1839-1892) - Lighthouse keeper at Matinicus Rock and Whitehead Light Stations in Maine, commissioned by U.S. Coast Guard.
    Martha Jane "Calamity Jane" Cannary (1852-1903) - A lone woman in the wilds of the Rocky Mountain west
    Rachel Carson (1907-1964) - Marine biologist, science writer, and environmentalist.
    Rebecca Carter (1766-1827) - Pioneer woman of Cleveland.
    Mary Ann Shadd Cary (1823-1893) African-American born pioneer journalist and lecturer.
    Carrie Chapman Catt (1859-1947) - Suffragette, founder of the League of Women Voters.
    Cassie L. Chadwick (1857-1907) - Most infamous Cleveland financial con-artist.
    Bessie Coleman (1893-1926) - First African-American woman to get pilot's license.
    Dorothy Dandridge (1923-1965) - Actress, singer and dancer. Star of Carmen Jones and Porgy and Bess.
    Isadora Duncan (1875-1929) - Mother of modern dance.
    Amelia Earhart (1897-1937) - Aviatrix.
    Mary Fields (1832?-1914) - African-American entrepreneur, stagecoach driver, pioneer.
    Diana Fletcher (circa 1830's) - Daughter of a former slave father and Kiowa mother, activist, taught in black Cherokee school.
    Dorothy Fuldheim (1893-1989) - Jewish-American news journalist and television broadcaster; developed format for television news programming.
    Lucretia Rudolph Garfield (1832-1918) - Wife of James Garfield, 20th President of the United States was First Lady for six months when her husband was assassinated. "Crete" returned home to Lawnfield in Mentor where her life continued in a non-traditional way.
    Zelma Watson George (1903-1994) - African-American delegate to the U.N., opera singer, speaker and educator.
    Emma Goldman (1869-1940) - Vilified in her day as the "most dangerous woman in America," this Russian emigrant earned her title, “Queen of the Anarchists” as labor leader, lecturer, writer, women’s rights activist and free love advocate.
    Julia Boggs Dent Grant (1826-1902) - Wife of Ulysses S. Grant, 18th President of the United States, was a determined woman who despite family objections married the man she loved. Outspoken, she also created her own plans for ending the Civil War and holding a secret Presidential Inauguration.
    Charlotte Forten Grimke (1837-1890) - African-American writer, abolitionist and educator.
    Fannie Lou Hamer (1917-1977) - African-American sharecropper turned civil rights worker and founder of the MS Freedom Democratic Party.
    Florence Harding (1860-1924) - Wife of Warren Harding, 29th President of the United States, the first presidential wife able to vote for her husband. Scandal plagued this First Lady throughout her life.
    Caroline Lavinia Scott Harrison (1832-1892) - Wife of Benjamin Harrison, 23rd President of the United States, was the first president-general of the newly formed DAR. An accomplished watercolorist, she designed and painted the Harrison state china and organized the White House china collection.
    Lucy Ware Webb Hayes (1831-1889) - Wife of Rutherford B. Hayes, 19th President of the United States, was the first presidential wife to have a college degree. She originated the annual Easter Egg Roll on the White House lawn.
    Sally Hemings (1773-1835) - African American who sacrificed her freedom from slavery for the love of President Thomas Jefferson.
    Rear Admiral Grace Hopper, USNR (1906-1992) - Computer pioneer and the oldest officer in active duty when she retired in 1986.
    Hedda Hopper (1890-1966) - In the golden age of Hollywood, Hedda could make or break careers. Gossip was her business and J. Edgar Hoover was her penpal.
    Adella Prentiss Hughes (1869-1950) - Founder of the Cleveland Orchestra and Cleveland Music Settlement House.
    Jane Edna Hunter (1882-1971) - African-American social worker, attorney, founder of Phyllis Wheatley Association of Cleveland.
    Zora Neale Hurston (1903-1960) - African-American writer from The Harlem Group, influenced Toni Morrison and Alice Walker.
    Anne Hutchinson (1591-1643) – A Puritan woman who defied the male-dominated Massachusetts Bay Colony and after banishment helped settle Rhode Island and New York.
    Mahalia Jackson (1912-1972) - Extraordinary gospel singer and the first African-American woman to gain national acclaim for gospel music.
    Rebecca Jackson ( 1795-1871) - African-American eldress of the Shaker sect.
    Harriet Jacobs (1813-1897) - African-American escaped slave, author and abolitionist.
    “Mother” Mary Harris Jones (1837-1930) - Irish immigrant who lost her family to yellow fever and became the self-proclaimed mother and “hell-raiser” for the downtrodden American laborer, especially children.
    Sissieretta Jones (1869-1933) - African-American international vocal prima donna of late 19th century, favorite of George Bernard Shaw and several presidents.
    Barbara Jordan (1936-1996) - African-American orator and Congresswoman.
    Elizabeth Keckley (1820-?) Personal maid, best friend and confidant to Mary Todd Lincoln. Wrote tell-all book after leaving Mrs. Lincoln's employ.
    Marie LaVeau (1796?-1863?) - African-American Voodoo Queen of New Orleans and famous herbalist.
    Edmonia Lewis ( 1843-?) - First successful African-American sculptor.
    Ida Lewis (1842-1913) - Heroic lighthouse keeper of Rhode Island, commissioned by U.S. Coast Guard.
    Mary Todd Lincoln (1818-1882) - Wife of President Abraham Lincoln, misrepresented by popular history and maligned by her peers.
    Jenny Lind (1820-1887) - Swedish international opera star, brought to U.S. by P.T. Barnum in the 1850s.
    Juliette Gordon Low (1860-1927) - Founder of the American Girl Scouts.
    Clare Boothe Luce (1903-1987) - Playwright, U.S. Congresswoman and ambassador to Italy.
    Barbara Mabrity (1782-1867) - Lighthouse keeper in Key West, Florida, commissioned by U.S. Coast Guard.
    Dolley Madison (1768-1849) - First Lady and doyen of Washington society
    Biddy Mason (1818-1891) - Entrepreneur, one of first African-American women to own land in California.
    Rachel Agnes Mason (1867-1903) An Irish immigrant whose family came to America in 1788 because of religious conflict.
    Flora Stone Mather (1852-1910) - Cleveland philanthropist, founder of Flora Stone Mather college at Western Reserve University for women. Sponsored Goodrich House for urban children.
    Ida Saxton McKinley (1847-1907) - Wife of William McKinley, 25th President of the United States, developed a unique way of coping with her epileptic seizures during her public appearances as First Lady.
    Maria Mitchell (1818-1889) - Astronomer and professor at Vassar College. First female member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
    Louise Nevelson (1899-1988) - Russian born New York sculptor famous for her shadow box, wall sculptures and her flamboyant personality.
    Annie Oakley (1860-1926) - World famous markswoman from Ohio.
    Georgia O'Keeffe (1887-1986) - Famed American artist who defied convention in both her art and her private life.
    Louella Parsons (1893-1965) - Hollywood gossip columnist, who dominated Hollywood's Golden Era. Louella's relationship with William Randoph Hearst and her own three marriages made her life as stormy as any Hollywood movie.
    Alice Paul (1885-1977) - The woman who rescued the woman suffrage movement (1910) and made sure women got the vote.
    Mrs. George (Hannah?) Peake (1755-18??) - First African-American settler of Cleveland.
    Molly Pitcher (Mary Ludwig Hays McCauley) (1754-1832) - Born Mary Ludwig, this revolutionary heroine followed the Continental Army for more than 3 years, doing what was needed to free the colonies from the tyranny of England.
    Eleanor Anna Roosevelt (1884-1962) - Wife of President Franklin D. Roosevelt, first activist First Lady
    Rebecca Rouse (1799-1887) - Cleveland humanitarian, temperance advocate, abolitionist, founder of Beech Brook.
    Wilma Rudolph (1940-1994) - African-American Olympic Gold Medalist.
    Rose Bianco Salvatore (1900-1993) - Italian immigrant during the "Great Wave" coming to America.
    Belle Sherwin (1868-1955) - Cleveland suffragist, President of League of Women Voters, social reformer.
    Margaret Skapes (1892-1968) - Immigrant from Greece, suffragette.
    Bessie Smith (1894-1937) - African-American blues singer.
    Valaida Snow (190?-1956) - African-American band leader and trumpet player.
    Elizabeth Cady Stanton (1815-1902) First president of the National Woman's Suffrage Association.
    Belle Starr (1848-1889) - Confederate sympathizer and western frontierswoman and outlaw.
    Susan McKinney Steward (1848-1918) - First female African-American doctor in New York State.
    Harriet Beecher Stowe (1811-1896) - Author of Uncle Tom's Cabin.
    Annie Sullivan (1866-1936) - Helen Keller's teacher.
    Helen Herron Taft (1861-1943) - Wife of William H. Taft, 27th President of the United States, always longed to live in the White House. Known for planting Washington D.C.’s legendary cherry trees.
    Susie King Taylor (1848-1912) - First African-American U.S. Army nurse during the Civil War.
    Mary Church Terrell (1863-1954) - African-American lecturer, suffragette, civil rights leader.
    Sojourner Truth (Isabella Baumfree) (1797-1883) - African-American abolitionist, Civil War nurse, suffragette.
    Harriet Tubman (1820?-1913) - Underground Railroad conductor, Army scout, African-American suffragette.
    Elizabeth Van Lew (1818-1900) - Crazy Bet, an abolitionist in the South during the Civil War, who feigned insanity to help free slaves and help the Union Army.
    Rosetta Wakeman (1843-1864) - Posed as a male to serve in Union Army during Civil War.
    Madame C.J. Walker (1867-1919) - African-American entrepreneur, millionaire and philanthropist.
    Hazel Mountain Walker (1900-1980) - African-American attorney, school principal, actress at Karamu
    Katherine Walker (1846-1931) - Lighthouse keeper at Robin's Reef, New York, commissioned by U.S. Coast Guard.
    Mary Edwards Walker (1832-1919) - Prisoner of war during the Civil War, writer, doctor, fashion trend-setter and the only female to receive the Medal of Honor.
    Mae West (1892-1980) First to earn a million dollars in the movie business.
    Phillis Wheatley (175?-1784) - First noted African-American woman poet.
    Laura Ingalls Wilder (1867-1957) - Famed children’s author and “storyteller of the prairie.”
    Victoria Woodhull (1838-1927) - First woman to run for President, center of a scandal that rocked the nation.

8. militia

militia Active Member

x2

9. .Apex

.Apex Well-Known Member

lol logic

::22:50:: -@Logicaly|afk- And thats not even a complete list! hehe, I just pulled the first page I found

Smart ass :P

Men arent completely useless, women would be bored without us men around

10. Vext

Vext Well-Known Member

How true is that... :P

Besides, we'd have no one to blame for stuff that goes wrong in our life. :P Haha.

11. aznramenboi

aznramenboi Well-Known Member

i think it would be really cool if we had a female president though.

12. Phainted

Phainted Well-Known Member

Too be honest I know alot of women who are in iraw v.v...when fight just as much as i men you just don't see it o_O Me and my freinds fight all the time

13. Coma Victim

Coma Victim Well-Known Member

I just read the bottom of Logic's list as I was skimming, "Victoria Woodhull (1838-1927) - First woman to run for President, center of a scandal that rocked the nation."

Haha.

14. Pinball Wizard

Pinball Wizard Well-Known Member

I wanna punch every girl in the head who wants to play boy sports. We let girls play boys sports, but do you see girls letting boys play girl sports?

15. AriesMalvis

AriesMalvis Well-Known Member

^yes actually boys do get to play in girls sports...
    I'm a girl...I was a military brat...I knew loads of women fighting for our country...