Windows Xp Sound Modification

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Veripare, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Veripare

Veripare Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone!

In this little guide that I threw together today, you will learn how to modify your Windows XP to play a song or sound. There are a few pictures that will go with it as a visual aid if needed :)

Windows XP Sound Modification Guide
    By Veripare (Dr3nch, Severenti, D3fil3d)

DISCLAIMER: I, the author, am NOT responsible for any damages caused by the use of this guide; directly or indirectly. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

BEFORE-HAND: Obtain two (one for startup/logon and one for shutdown/logoff) .WAV files. You can find plenty of them via GOOGLE.CA if you search for .WAV FILES. Make sure that it's short! Only 2-6 seconds long is suggested!

STEP ONE: Close all programs. This includes background programs (e.g. LimeWire and MusicMatch).

[X]

STEP TWO: Take your two .WAV files and make one copy of each.

STEP THREE: Rename your 'introduction music' as Windows XP Logon Sound and Windows XP Startup. Rename your 'outro-music' as Windows XP Logoff Sound and Windows XP Shutdown. Make sure that these files are named exactly as the above text appears or this could cause problems.

[X]

STEP FOUR: Highlight all four files and Cut them. Go to your Media folder, usually located in C:/WINDOWS/Media. Paste them into this folder. A message will pop-up -- click on 'Yes to all.'

[X]

STEP FIVE: Restart your computer, make sure your sound is turned on!

STEP SIX: TADAA! Your computer has been officially soundified! ...If there is such a word for that :unsure:

NOTE: This guide is only to be posted on GameRenders.com, kwix-host.com, and Dr3nch-Po!nt. Contact [email protected] if this guide is posted on any other site with the name of the site attached.

2. swift886

swift886 Well-Known Member

I'll try it later, nice find.

3. Veripare

Veripare Well-Known Member

I've found this quite useful, and funny. My logoff/shutdown music is now 'astala vista baby' in an Arnold voice :D

4. Wynter

Wynter Senior Member

Nice guide, thank you for the tips :)