Will The New Prince Of Persia Rise.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Sanity Penguin, May 25, 2008.

1. Sanity Penguin

Sanity Penguin My sex is on fire

Planned for the end of 2008, beginning of 2009.

Not much has been released about this title, but rumours are it will be a prequel to the previous 3 Pop games. Also, it's focus will be on platforming again and less on fighting.
    Will be available on both Ps3 and Xbox 360.

<div align="center">[​IMG]

other screenshots</div>

As you can see, most renewing is the cell-shaded look.
    Story is said to be about Ohrmazd and Ahriman, two gods of the Persian empire. After a fight Ahriman (who was captured), god of darkness and evil, manages to escape. Of course, he immediatly turns the Middle-East into a scene of pure darkness. Literally that is since everything will have grey-scaled feeling.
    Things in this game will be less straight-forwarded, you'll mostly be able to choose your own path, not so much linearly guided by the story.
    Occasionally you will have to defeat Hunters After defeating these, an area will be freed of darkness and this will colour the scene again (Okami?!).
    As a weapon, you now have a sort of claw available on your hand, with which you can slide down walls and stuff.

As I said before, it's about 3/4 acrobatics and 1/4 of slashing. Only some occasional duels and bossfights will arise during the story.

Graphics, as said, have a bit of cell-shading in them, everything looks to be hand-drawn. And the thing is, all the movements by the prince are actually hand-drawn, instead of the frequently used motion capture technique nowadays.
    Also, a second, female, character should join you but there's little info to be found on that matter yet.

2. ihatecrabs

ihatecrabs Well-Known Member

lol. when i was reading that sentence, i also thought of okami.
    hmmm cell shaded look doesnt go well with the series imo.
    still will buy though, if the reviews are good

3. Suspect

Suspect Senior Member

I'm obsessed with prince of persia, most def I will get this game.

4. Kratos

Kratos Well-Known Member

Yeah i loved playing the Pop's games thought they great and loved rewinding time to kill something over and over. This one is suppose to take place with another Prince from what i was reading in a game informer's.

Looks fun though!

5. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

somehow i doubt the animations are hand-drawn.

6. Sanity Penguin

Sanity Penguin My sex is on fire

They are. I know from a good source they are. They've been to the developers and interviewed the producer and such :)
    They use specially designed filter to obtain that cellshaded look and they don't use motion-capture for the movements of the prince. Everything is hand-drawn.

7. r3m1x

r3m1x Well-Known Member

This is like Sands of Time + Okami. I've read on IGN that they are removing much of the time-warping abilities, but I think that with the practice that Ubisoft has gotten with Assassin's Creed they'll do well with this one. And if they one turns out to be a dud, then we've still got Mirror's Edge to look forward to.

8. desolater2001

desolater2001 Well-Known Member

POP definitely needed a new direction and this is the way to go. High Definition Cell Shading is being used more now and its not that bad either. Have a look at KOFXII and you'll be surprised to see the results.