Will Give 200 Creds To The Person That Builds.....

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [Skyline., Jul 20, 2006.

1. [Skyline.

[Skyline. Senior Member

Lol, even I knew it wasn't very useful.

2. .Water.

.Water. Senior Member

I got my stuff from Frys Electronics. It cost under 600 with 2gbs of ram 3.2ghz prcoessor and great mother board with case. Then i bought 2 video cards one ati and the other nvidia

3. johndapunk FTW

johndapunk FTW Senior Member

Why the hell would you buy 2 gfx cards?

4. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

count on the 6300 being a fair amount rmoe than 200 because of price gouging and the badaxe not going much lower in price...

look into the Biostar TForce P965 Deluxe, it costs 135 USD$

I just removed my explanation of how full of ---- that one dude is, he's too stupid to do research and obviously has never heard of google.

Here are some facts. GHZ DO NOT MEAN ---- WHEN COMPARING SEPERATE ARCHITECTURES, IF YOU KNEW ANYTHING YOU'DE KNOW THAT AS OF THIS MOMENT, NETBURST HAS THE LOWEST GAMING PERFORMANCE OF ANY CURRENT X86 ARCHITECTURE[EXCLUDING THE EFFICEON AND C7 ARCHITECTURES WHICH NOONE USES/HAS HEARD OF].

5. Blooper008

Blooper008 Well-Known Member

Hmm I was about to post my build, it's almost like the same as Johs so never mind it. E6300 should be released for $183,- according to wikipedia.

@John: Are you sure that mobo will support conroe? According to XtremeSystems:
    On the asus site it also doesn't say it's supported.

The only motherboards I'm sure of are: DFI Infinity 975x, MSI 975x Power Up Platinum and Asus P5W DH Deluxe...

6. xlink

see price gouging. and I had thought it was priced at $209 and clocked at 1.86GHz...

I kept on having the numbers 183 and 186 bounce in my head for a few weeks too though...

i think i must be off though as the 6400 is priced at 220ish which is exactly why I will be getting it...

7. Aznddongman

Aznddongman Well-Known Member

I disagree. To play games nowadays and run photoshop CS2 very smoothly, you need at least 3GB but it still isnt as smooth. If you're budget allows, you should try for 3GB

8. johndapunk FTW

johndapunk FTW Senior Member

3gb? Are you on crack? 2gb is plenty for todays programs, and is becoming the standard for any new builds. 1gb is gonna be too little with the release of Vista coming.

9. Canada Eh895

Canada Eh895 Well-Known Member

Having 3gb of RAM won't do you any good whatsoever.. you probably woulden't even notice the difference, unless you are running a server or something off of your computer.. Or you are planning to run a game, photoshop, another game and some background junk all at the same time..

2gb is good enough to play all of todays games, on both XP and Vista.

3gb wouldn't probably be absolutely nescessary until atleast after Vista is old, probably when Windows Fiji (rumored to be an update for Vista, not sure yet.) comes out.

10. xlink

by the time you would need 3GB, you could add in 2GB more fo ram for less $$$ than having 3GB now.

for the record 2GB is edging towards overkill at this time(with the exception of the overly craptastically coded BF2 of course which wants 1.5-2GBish)