Wii Vs. Ipod

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by .infinite, Dec 30, 2006.

1. [ED] Aose

[ED] Aose Well-Known Member

Just ask yourself, which do you want more? Listen to music, or play games? It's that simple.

2. Dark_Elite

Dark_Elite Senior Member

iPod definately, I have a 4th Gen (yeah, like 2-3 years old ftw) and I have have absolutely NO PROBLEMS at all with it.

I've only completely redone the ipod once (reset to factory, update, transfer music) because I had formatted my computer, and though, hey why not.

3. bloodhound

bloodhound Well-Known Member

Ipod i dun really like the wii =\

4. Punky.

Punky. Well-Known Member

wiii isnt that great imo

5. Dagobert

Dagobert Well-Known Member

Yea the Wii is one of those systems that arnt meant for the type of gamers that play games and get into it's storyline or some thing. It's one of those consoles that will collect dust once your done with Super Mario 3245235. I'm not saying dont ever get the Wii, but if your going to make a choice between the Wii and the iPod I say get the iPod video, get the 80Gb one. Or hell, get a Zune instead if your deciding to go for the 30Gb iPod video.

6. MotoXXX

MotoXXX Well-Known Member

dago, ever heard of Zelda buddy?

7. Dagobert

Ever heared of "wow thats only one game" ? Sorry to say this but I've out grown Zelda.

8. Wii.fubu

Wii.fubu Well-Known Member

i disagree that the wii collects dust. it may for some, but it goes for all consoles. surely, the wii might not seem so great atm to people who own or prefer those excellent graphics, but the wii is solo and multiplayer system. i know all the systems are, but the wii is directed even at non-gamers. now, i'm not really sure what other zelda-like games are going to be out for the wii, i think there is another one being released.

Anyways, its game like story mode games that collect dust. you finish it, and you're done with it. and i know you can purchase other games, but you just stated that the wii isnt like the other "story" line type games system like the others and'll collect dust. personally, atm, i don't exactly play it much. i've finished what i own, and thats basically it, same went for my xbox, playstation, etc.. but anyway, what i mean is the wii can be played alot due to its successful multiplayer thing they have going on. all age groups have played it, alot love it.

and in all honesty, i can't really see the wii going down a smooth hill. games used with the remote just got funner for me. and even when i get real used to the remote, i normally wouldn't even play such sport games at all with a normal controller. this doesn't just go for me btw, this goes for alot of people. and i know alot of people enjoy the games as is on normal controllers as well, what i'm saying is, its made people who dislike it, like it (maybe not everyone, but yeah).

If i were to choose which to get even if i didn't have the nintendo wii, i'd still get a wii.

9. Chakka

Chakka Well-Known Member

I'm getting sick of all these people saying the Wii isnt good because it has one good game! ITS ONLY BEEN RELEASED A MONTH, IF THAT! I personally think Red Steel, Sports and Rayman are also 'great' and warioware looks fantastic. Admittedly only Red Steel of those has a storyline, and I'm yet to get truly stuck into it so in the long run it may disappoint, but my point is valid. The PS3 is being condemned for having a poor launch line up as well by a lot of sites and games mags, but no one is calling it a one trick pony like everyone is the Wii. When I look at the games coming out for each system this year, there are more on Wii that I would want then most other consoles (although again some of the games coming out on the 360 look so good I'm saving up to buy one lol)

10. Kennedy

Kennedy Senior Member

You're wrong, you're so wrong.
    There are more PS3 bashers than there are Wii bashers, just open your eyes...

11. HOOD PROPHET

HOOD PROPHET Well-Known Member

ok if you are a hardcore gamer then get the ipod because the wii wont satisfy your needs but if your a casual gamer get the wii

12. Balthier

Balthier Well-Known Member

Wii alone isn't enough to satisfy ones gaming needs.
    I suggest that if you are going to buy any of the next-gen console(PS3 or Xbox 360) combo it with Wii.
    For now,i suggest getting iPod.

13. Skamakaze

Skamakaze Well-Known Member

F em both, get a Zune. ;)

I have one and they OWN.

14. CorruptCop

CorruptCop Well-Known Member

zunezunezunezunezunezunezunezunezunezunezunezune

15. Dagobert

If I didnt have an 80 gig iPod I woulda gotten a Zune, their way better. I hope Microsoft releases an 80 gig Zune so I can sell my iPod and get that one.