Wii Graphics Just Suck?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DiabloDj1, Oct 8, 2006.

1. EA Genesis

EA Genesis Senior Member

nitendo did a great job on the game play, they had preety good ideas. but atleast they could put the graphics up to date, there not much differnt from the last generation (xbox, playstation 2,,,). thats way its so cheaep and people might think twice about it

2. Wii.fubu

Wii.fubu Well-Known Member

there is no "may" think twice about it. 2 million consoles have already sold.

3. SM Infinity

SM Infinity Senior Member

Alright, you keep saying how great gameplay is on the Wii. Have you ever played a 360 or PS3? The Wii is in no way better than them. Gameplay can get old, just as it can on other consoles. 360 and PS3 games have great gameplay, just as good if not better than the Wii. You cannot base judgements on one game either, Zelda is about the only game that meets all of the standards and facts you have stated. I can say that I know a lot of PS2, PS3, and 360 games with great gameplay. In my opinion the Wii is nowhere near the best console out there, they may have good gameplay on a few games, but they have barely any other features. On 360 and PS3 you can listen to music, watch movies, play online, download content, and you have a large hard drive. Oh and you mentioned that the Wii sold over 2 million copies already? Doesnt make much of a difference when it's the lowest priced next-gen console out there.

4. Wii.fubu

are you serious?

Have you not read ANY of my posts? I don't think Wii is the best console, i just think it stands out of the 3. you state all these things as if they're facts, they're not, they're your opinions. if you think it sucks, then so be it. Let the other 100's of thousands people enjoy it. also, speaking about games, i haven't really given zelda much credit. I thought the game was pretty crappy, and yet its game of the year on e3, and other sites.

i've played the xbox 360, i've played online. I haven't played a ps3. and i can tell you that even though the 30 minutes of drooling over the graphics (bit of exagerating) i don't even notice the graphics anymore. First its, wow that looks pretty cool, then you see it 50 more times and it doesn't matter.

Graphics can make a game look good, hell i wish the wii had good graphics. but in no way does it make a good game. at this point people say they can't play with ---- gfx, well the wii graphics aren't extremely ----, people act as if there stick-men graphics.

and you're stating that you know lots of ps2 + xbox 360 games out there? Congrats, ps2 has been out for 4-5 years, xbox 360 for a year. Ps3 i don't know about, but from what i hear the games atm are pretty ----.

You can listen to music, watch movies play online? The wii's online capability will come within 2007. I'm sure it won't even be as good as the xbox 360, but games such as SSBB, and even the party games that people enjoy should work really well online (more games ofcourse, but cbf)

imo, having a hard drive and what not is nice, but i have a computer for that. i dont think like "oh, man i need to put songs on my xbox 360 just cuz its an xbox 360". but hey, what ever works for you.

And the price for the wii is much lower than the other consoles, sure. but don't think its still a cheap pile of garage. with all the accessories needed for it, the price jumps up quickly. sure, it doesn't come near the ps3's price when you buy the games etc, but it still can get pricey.

Also, just for your info, the wii has been out for a month.

5. dharmesha13

dharmesha13 Well-Known Member

wii.fubu u get really really touchy when someone puts down the wii....
    No worries i do the same with ps3,PC,and guild wars

6. Wii.fubu

you're right, but

facts are facts, opinions are opinions.

When people try to state facts when its actualy their opinion - annoys me.

I honestly don't know who'd put a PC down. if it were put against the consoles, pc would have won it 10+ years running.

but, i need not worry. These people who trash the wii are soon-to-be wii owners. ofcourse they won't admit it to me, or anyone now, though :)

7. GroundZero

GroundZero Well-Known Member

i think the wii gameplay is inovative FOR SHURE, and there is a certain amount of fun that you can have with the wii that you can't with any other system, but i think nintendo is going in such a different from the other gaming systems, i didn't think they would sell any wii's. guess i was wrong :D

8. dharmesha13

dharmesha13 Well-Known Member

many people have told me that console gaming is better cus u can use a controller and my response was only "You know u can buy controllerr(with rumble) for pc right?

They were speechless lol

9. Unleashed NRG

Unleashed NRG Senior Member

I don't' know seeing as i don't own a Wii, but couldn't the constant moving around and things get annoying when you just want to play a game lets say late night. You want to relax and you have to do all these hand eye coordination things. I know this sounds like a lazy persons testimony, but i'm sure there will be times when you just want to sit back and enjoy a game without the frantic moving. Once again i dont know if you can play it without the constant movements, if you can please correct me.

10. Wii.fubu

games can be played with a gamecube/classic controller i think. Or maybe it was specifically for specific games and VC games.

The movements needed in the game don't have to be exagerated. like you don't have to fully swing the remote with full force. but, i suppose if you're wanting to play a relaxing console, best to go with Xbox 360 or Ps3. i find that the movements don't interfere with my relaxsation, but thats just me.

11. Chakka

Chakka Well-Known Member

I must admit I thought this too when I first heard of the Wii. But in practice, A/ most motion sensor games dont NEED to be played running around (they're funner and often work better that way but it isnt a case of thats IT) for instance I've played Wii Tennis from a sofa without barely moving. I wouldnt do it again cos its not as fun, but the point is surely valid. Plus games like Wii Play and Twilight Princess barely see you use any real movement, the occasional flick of the wrist or jab forward, but you would do that with a mouse on any computer game anyway and no one complains about that! And Red Steel, as I've said, is very similar to a PC mouse set up, so if you dont mind that level of movement its fine!

Just my two cents :)

12. EA Genesis

EA Genesis Senior Member

no offence but alot of the people who bought it that I know got it only for the price :P

plus people might just get tired swinging a remote all day

13. HOOD PROPHET

HOOD PROPHET Well-Known Member

well my bro got a wii today and iv got to say it is pretty impressive in some ways but because i was spoilt already by the 360's graphical powers i wasnt impressed when my bro started playin wii sports i was bit disappointed but once my uncle and me started playin wii bowlin i really liked it, so basically im sayin that so what if the gfx sucks the gameplay makes up for it

14. BrendanR

BrendanR Senior Member

I agree. I got a Wii today, and the graphics aren't all that great, but the games and gameplay is great. =)

15. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

exactly... PRICE SELLS

if 10 million of console A are sold and it costs 2$ to package a game for it and 1million to make the game

vs 3 million of console B which costs 20$ to package the game and 1.5million to develop

most will go for console A regardless as to whether or not they can add some mroe eye candy to console B. DEVELOPERS ARE IN THE BUISINESS FOR MONEY.

People call the gamecube a failure because it sold the worst...
    guesse what, it made mroe profit than the PS2 and the xbox combined.