Wii Graphics Just Suck?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DiabloDj1, Oct 8, 2006.

1. vogue.

vogue. Senior Member

1 game doesnt let a console pwn. Zelda is the only awesome title on wii

2. Wii.fubu

Wii.fubu Well-Known Member

read my post, then post.. or infact, i'll quote myself for you:

"And the games that are released for the wii atm are pretty crap. Zelda is the best one, followed by titles like Rayman (i think)"

most minds can be made up through next year. I find ps3's gfx to be awesome, but i find the console itself is a waste of money. no, not due to the price, just how its being displayed atm.

and so i hear, Square Enix is starting to lose faith in the ps3 and may possibly do FF for the wii + ps3.

3. vogue.

vogue. Senior Member

Yes thats what i said ^^

4. HOOD PROPHET

HOOD PROPHET Well-Known Member

well seeming that i can get zelda for the gamecube i dont really care about stupid min games, then why should i buy a wii

5. Wii.fubu

sigh. i figure you're just trying to piss me off, but yeah..

But, if you read the actualy list of "GOTY" you'd see 1 ps3 game there, many ps2, but we're talking about the new consoles now. Anyway, what place is it? Its 10th. and i'm not saying this brings down the console, but speaking in your language "One game doesn't make a console pwn" then obviously wii is doing better, huh?

i will probably get a ps3 in the late future anyway, i'm not bashing the ps3, but i am just giving you a taste of your own medicine.

HOOD, please stop posting idiotic comments. you always act as if the wii has been out for the same time as xbox 360. it hasn't.

more games will be released in 2007 for the wii, which is wii-specific. do you understand?

Getting a wii now doesn't mean you can only by the games that are available now, and never be able to buy games that are released in the future.

i hope this gets in your thick skull

6. HOOD PROPHET

HOOD PROPHET Well-Known Member

no i dont, its just saying why should i get a wii when companys are just making games that fall under the category "mini games compilation" but they do have the big N on their side which is the most succesfull developers of all time, but come on 4-5 good games cant make a console the best

7. Wii.fubu

we don't even know how those games are going to be yet. they may be ----.

As for mini games, well i didn't buy any games that consisted of any mini games, but i've heard they're fun and funny. i don't really laugh at lil gay bunnies or anything though, but the gameplay itself is supposed to be very enjoyable.

also, i'm sure there are many great titles on the xbox, but so far i've only heard Gears of War, Dead Rising and Halo.. that isn't exactly that much either. there will always be games that are good, just par to the other games gameplay.

I like the xbox in some ways, but saying only 4-5 games on a console can't make it the best, well turn around and look at your own.. I'm sure there'll be heaps of great titles for all the consoles man, all comes in time.

and remembering the xbox 360 launch wasn't that great, friend got one, didn't even play it, nor did my teacher and his brother... But yeah, its gotten to be a great system over the months with great titles and online.

also just wanted to add this:

FF for the Wii

http://randomnewz.blogspot.com/2006/12/nin...ting-final.html

8. Unleashed NRG

Unleashed NRG Senior Member

I see people saying GFX are not important, it's all about the gameplay, that isn't true. Would you rather a kick ass stick figure game over a realistic car simulator for instance? And the reason games like Mario look good is because they are made to look cartoony, they are meant to have that vector touch. As for gameplay the Wii is very impressive, but i feel not enough was done to backup it up in the gfx department.

9. Wii.fubu

and i can agree.

graphics attract people. when you see realistic things in games, its like i've got to have that. but, just like any game - the game isn't always good just cuz it has good gfx.

the wii's graphics aren't excellent, but not bad. people always diss the wii and compare it to the other consoles graphics.

10. Huxux

Huxux New Member

The Wii's graphics are no better than the Game Cube's. Fact.

11. MC larry

MC larry Well-Known Member

wow, farcry reminds me of the nintendo 64 007

12. dharmesha13

dharmesha13 Well-Known Member

I think we have a never ending arguement on our hands

13. Chakka

Chakka Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you havent played one then? Cos if you have you'd never say that. And if you have, then you obviously dont pay attention. Just ssh!

And yeh we do have a never ending argument on our hands. Why? Because in the past three weeks I've seen eleven of my friends go from Wii haters making dirty love to their 360's or PS3-screenies to Wii owners yelling from the tree tops about Twilight Princess, the great gameplay of Red Steel once you get past the initial learning curve of the new controller method, and the insane fun that Wii Sports gives them! But at the same time I have plenty more friends that still sit on the fence, or refuse to buy a 'ninty is for kids' console. Personally after playing red steel, I now hate all other forms of FPS (not including PC, the two systems are quite similar) and Wii Sports there's no way on earth I'll ever use a normal controller set up for games like tennis or golf. But not everyone sees it MY way and not everyone will even give it a go. And if graphics really are ALL you buy a console for, well, to be honest, I pity you. You obviously have no real friends and get no real fun out of gaming..which is sad...

14. dharmesha13

dharmesha13 Well-Known Member

(Just as a quick counter-attack)

If a motion sensing controller is ALL you buy a console for,to be honest I PITY YOU(sorry for caps but it was neccesary)

15. Wii.fubu

actualy, it doesn't work the other way around. Graphics have been gradully getting better over the past what, 12 years or some ----. Now, 12 years past, and finnaly a new type of gaming console comes out. so with good reason, buying a console due to motion sensors only is a good point to get one, period.

And hes right. games like tennis, bowling and whatever, i can't see myself ever playing those with normal controllers. i don't like sport games, period. but the wii has changed that, making those games what used to be a bore, fun (my opinion).

and also the learning curve for Red steel, well.. i heard its pretty hard. i am yet to play it, but people really only dislike it due to its learning curve and they're to nub and therefore brought its rating down etc..

it'd be great if the wii had good graphics, but all these comments of the wii saying they're like N64 and Game cube are fools. when looking at the games, there are some with extremely ---- graphics and some with pretty decent graphics. But, all you ps3/xbox fan boys compare graphics, yet no gameplay.

people say they can't enjoy the game because the graphics are so bad. sure, some games have bad graphics.. do you dodge the ones with decent gfx just to please yourself? its obvious you've picked out a couple of games, out of a bunch of games and realised they look like crap then post about it..

i'm pretty positive most of the wii haters will soon become wii buyers. it always happens.