Wii Graphics Just Suck?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DiabloDj1, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Aikreyu

Aikreyu Well-Known Member

I Do Not Own A 'Wii' So Therefore I Cannot Say If It Has Bad Graphics Or Not.

2. vogue.

vogue. Senior Member

Wii's controller pwnes
    Wii's graphics are 100% not nextgen.

3. wunsung

wunsung Well-Known Member

nextgen graphics, YES i own one it's better than ps3, people underestimate cuz it's nintendo

4. naruto

naruto Well-Known Member

i can assure every single one of you here and now, the xbox 360 and playstation 3 consoles DO NOT have the same graphics at all,
    a comparison between PS3 and 360 graphics was shown awhile ago, the facts are as follows:

The xbox 360 features an ATI chipset, this means that the xbox 360 can use antialiasing and HDR at the same time, the Playstation 3 however has an nvidia chipset, this means the playstation 3 cannot use HDR because antialiasing is used by default on next generation consoles, however the nvidia chipset used is more powerful then the xbox 360s chipset, so what does all this means?

The difference is this, the playstation 3 contains sharper, more detailed textures but the xbox 360 contains FAR superior lighting as it uses HDR (High dynamic range lighting)

Now to me during regular gaming I dont notice the sharper textures but the significant difference in lighting can be noticed, so to me microsoft have won the graphics battle simply because they used ATi :)

I hope this has enlightened some of you, and like I said these are the FACTS, not speculation.

5. vogue.

vogue. Senior Member

lmfao.. PS2 graphics pwnes Gamecube graphics a lot.
    PS3 graphics ownes PS2 graphics a lot.
    Wii graphics are almost the same as Gamecube graphics.

I've played on wii, ps3 and 360, and ps3 is with its graphics the best choice for graphic ho's.

And also the ps3 games pwns a lot.

6. Wii.fubu

Wii.fubu Well-Known Member

lol.

the wii's graphics aren't great, i knew that when i bought one, before i bought one, and even after i can say they aren't great. many people knew this, many people still bought it. its completely new, and people like 'new' as playing the same thing over a period of 10 years can get old. Good graphics? i love graphics too, but the gameplay is focused much more on the wii. i'm not saying that the ps3 and xbox gameplay is bad, but the wii was purely gameplay, where as the xbox and ps3 were gameplay and moreso in making the games look good.

also, the GT --- series was a gamecube game or something that never made it before, hell, the game was free for me when I bought a wii. it has ---- ass graphics, and it honestly isnt a good game, but that doesn't bother me. in 2007, good titles will be realesed for the wii and ps3 (not including xbox as of now), games like super smash brothers, metroid, mario etc (all of these are well known titles, and nintendo fans absolutely love them) the graphics for these games won't be fantastic, but it isn't insanely bad. not to the point where its not playable, anyway.

Imo, ps3 is nothing special, xbox is nice, but i only like it for its online capability, and not just the capability, the quality too. but, imo a computer owns ps3/xbox. sure, titles won't be realesed for them, but i am not spending 500-600-1000+ dollars for something that has a few titles i enjoy.

As for nintendo, well done for making new gameplay. yes, good titles are coming out, but i haven't really kept up with them, thats just an extra for me.

7. SM Infinity

SM Infinity Senior Member

360 + PS3 > Wii

Wii graphics suck, and some of those screens are actually final. My friend has the Farcry game for Wii, so I know. 360 and PS3 are both great, better graphics, better gameplay IMO. I dont like sitting in front of my television swinging a controller around either, playing videogames is alright, but being that into it is going a bit too far I think. If you want excercise, go out and play or run, that's not what videogames are for.

But back to the screens, yes, some Wii games do have fairly good graphics, maybe PS2 or Xbox quality, but there is nothing next-gen about them. All of you keep saying this doesnt matter, well when you compare the Wii to the 360 and PS3 it does. People will compare and try to decide which to get, and when it comes down to graphics finally, thats what will bring the Wii down. All the corporations spent so much energy and time on their graphics engines except Nintendo apparently, that added to the disappointment of the Gamecube release will take them down. Of course they wont shut down Nintendo or go bankrupt or anything like that, they just wont lead the console race,but they'll still get profits from sales, even if it is less than Microsoft or Sony are getting.

It's been a while since my last rant....

8. Karma_Green

Karma_Green Well-Known Member

yeah wii graphics arent as good compared to the other consols but thats only because nintendo is more woried about gameplay than graphics

9. Wii.fubu

sorry to break it to you, but you better stop gaming in the next 4-5 years or so when they release new consoles. I'm absolutely certain all of them will have motion sensoring. Already ps3 is asking nintendo if they can add motion sensors, yes they have the tilt controller which was stolen.. And even though nintendo are ok with that, this is just showing the new gen. Graphics are next gen, the wii is the new gen. soon it'll be Next gen graphics combined with new gen.

EDIT:

also, id just liek to add that.. The wii remote is actualy playable with computers, it isn't the best (as of yet) but its actualy going really well. you may say the wii is now a waste of money, but meh, i have a big monitor, and being able to change from kickass graphic games, i dunno, F.E.A.R, then switching over to the normal wii console and playing nintendo titles and what not..
    http://www.wii-volution.com/news/game-news...ll-of-duty.html

Also, like many consoles they get hacked, so downloading games should be the next fun thing to downloading DVD's. and while it may be illegal to do so, as many other things you download, the ps3 has blu-ray, ie, HUGE games.. i don't know how many gigs, but anything for the xbox even would take along time to download.

And yes, i do like to actualy own the game, but i also like to save money too. personally, i don't like to use controllers with FPS, i got used to it so dont anyone say that i prolly sucked at it, i just don't like it compared to the mouse + keyboard. I probably prefer it more than wii remote as well, but that wasn't my point, my point was the fact that computer games are playable with the wii! :)

10. Wraithwing

Wraithwing Member

Dude the GT game looks sweet to me, it's a cell-shaded racer, too bad I have a 360, wait no, I <3 my 360, it rox pretty hard.

11. dharmesha13

dharmesha13 Well-Known Member

wii graphics would be awesome (about 3-4 yeaas ago) Their are NO areguements about it wii graphics are last generation.YES in years the wii games will look better while ps3 and x360 wills till look 7x better

the majority of people buying the wii are getting so they can keep in touch of mario.lugi,link,metroid etc....These characters have been around nintendo for decade....To me. it seems to be one of the few things that keep this console alive.

The DS has 5+ games featuring mario (It gets really OLD and whored out after a while)

Zelda plays great, wii sports, and wario ware inc are innovative.but what about games outside of nintendo's little circle..Ive heard many complaints about the learning curve with call of duty 3

My point exactly...FPS dont play as smooth on the wii as it was soo bragged about..Its actuallly really hard.. The reason i like ps3 cus it reaps benefit of Xbox360(The ony button in middle of controller and established online service) and wii(teh tilt)

Im well aware tilt isnt as great as wii-motes; motion sensing but is that neccesarily a bad thing??

With ps3 i can go from playing motorstorm and lair to playing a game that uses no motion sensing at all or in motorstorm simply turn off motion sensing ...Isnt this more user friendly? A first person shooter basically using a light ps2 controller with additional tilit controls..Instead of complicatd fps on wii..

I have to also say myself ..first person shooter are BEST on the PC which can graphically surpass ps3 and 360 easily..

If ur certain that motion sensing is the way to go and thats how u want ur gaming GO FOR A WII...If u hate the idea of motion sensing period get urself a x360 or if u want it sometimes or for certain types of games get a PS3

ThankYou.
    Good Night

12. Piccolo

Piccolo Well-Known Member

Yeah graphics aren't next gen, but Nintendo never had good graphics.

13. Wii.fubu

o rly?

@dharmesha13,

when i was reffering to controllers, i meant xbox/xbox 360 ones (not sure about ps2/ps3, but i assume its near the same thing) i just didn't like FPS using those controllers as much as keyboard + mouse.

Call of duty 3 learning curve is actualy, quite easy.. I haven't played Red Steel, but Red Steel was a game with lots of potential, but rushed way too fast to make the game enjoyable (as people say). and i didn't even have dynamic aiming off, i just used the regular aiming (Cross hair doesn't stay in middle, moves around where you point it) after about 10 minutes, i got used to it, and about 2-3 levels, i was already getting good.

Everyone knows the ps3/xbox and whatever are next gen graphics, so please no one say it anymore. everyone knows the wii's graphics aren't as good as those.

Wii = New Gen
    Ps3/Xbox = Next Gen

Next consoles in 5 years = New Gen + Next Gen

that is all

14. vogue.

vogue. Senior Member

first check your info better.

PS3 games get f*ckin high rated with their gameplay.

15. Wii.fubu

Uh, your point?

did i state that the ps3's gameplay was bad? I said the console was focused on graphics along with gameplay, and wii was focused only on gameplay.

btw, Zelda is game of the year on a few sites

Overall Top 10 Games of the Year
    01. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
    02. Company of Heroes (PC)
    03. Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
    04. Gears of War (Xbox 360)
    05. Okami (PS2)
    06. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas (Xbox 360)
    07. Guitar Hero II (PS2)
    08. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PC)
    09. Half-Life 2: Episode One (PC)
    10. Viva Pinata (Xbox 360)

Console Top 10 Games of the Year 1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
    2. Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
    3. Gears of War (Xbox 360)
    4. Okami (PS2)
    5. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas (Xbox 360)
    6. Guitar Hero II (PS2)
    7. Viva Pinata (Xbox 360)
    8. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
    9. Bully (PS2)
    10. Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3)

I couldn't care less if the games are getting good rating now, the original nintendo games aren't even released, and that goes for ps3 titles aswell. lots of the sites are graphics whores, so it'd be 5 for graphics on the wii, 9 for graphics on the ps3 making the overall score higher.

And the games that are released for the wii atm are pretty crap. Zelda is the best one, followed by titles like Rayman (i think)

If nintendo can release more games like zelda (not the same type, but meaning that good) then they've got it going good