Wii Graphics Just Suck?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DiabloDj1, Oct 8, 2006.

1. engZi

engZi Well-Known Member

Ah! Join the club! :)

2. Ruler46

Ruler46 Well-Known Member

The Wii's graphics are weak compaired to the other 2, But it isnt all about graphics, The wii gets you to do more using stuff thats completly Unique, Rather than getting you to be a button smashing zombie.

Stuff like the Wii's free Online mode, and new gaming styles makes it more than worth its tiny price.

Its graphics are only 1.5x better than the GameCubes though, Maybe a little more improvement wouldn't harm.

3. Diablo Donations

Diablo Donations Active Member

Wow.. Honored to see my topic is still goin from that long ago.. XD I didnt think anyone's talked in it since like, a week after I posted in it....
    o well..
    Carry on all.

4. The_1337

The_1337 Member

I don't think graphics are so important. I was playing Jet Force Gemini on the N64 today and the game was really fun.

5. Excalibur908

Excalibur908 Well-Known Member

Sorry, i hate the wii, i am true sony fanboy. The wii graphics are horrible, AND YES I KNOW GRAPHICS ARENT EVERYTHING. But with the releases for the ps3 coming out in the future such as ffxiii and devil may cry, and many others, i cannot disargue. Plus the wii controller does bore me, i have played it at my friends house, after 2 hours or so....boring.

6. Joker

Joker Well-Known Member

I dont want a Wii... I despise the Wii; and thats being nice :P

But if I had a choice between a Wii or a PlayStationX, PSX for the win!

Shoot, Super Nintendo would be better than the Wii :P

7. Wii.fubu

Wii.fubu Well-Known Member

i agree with some people that post that the wii controller will just turn out to be a normal controller for people in the future. but, its something new atleast. the ps3 and xbox is nothing new in my eyes. its a console with good hardware and good graphics. considering i'm a pc-gamer for life, hating all FPS etc on those crappy controllers, i just could never get one for that reason alone. the wii has made me like FPS on a console, its made me enjoy adventure games even more considering you're doing the movements etc, and also made me like sports. now, though the sport games are basically demo's of the future sport games, it's actualy got me quite excited. Tennis is pretty fun, bowling is good, boxing is good, but with the games made into actualy games, i think its a winner.

And considering i download content on my computer, i store songs, pictures and what not on there, i see absolutely no reason why i should get a xbox360/ps3. sure the xbox/ps3 is easier to move around here and there, but honestly, if i'm going over to family, im seeing family. if my friend wants to play the wii or xbox or what not, why would i take it over there? i'd keep it at my place with my HD TV.

if anyone can answer this though. has the xbox 360 been hacked yet?

8. Dark_Elite

Dark_Elite Senior Member

Innovative? Yes
    Gunna Last? Nope

Look at the GCN, Nintendo says they want to move to a more general audiance, while still covering children, yet even with games like RE4, etc they get put down. I'm not a fanboy of anybody really (I used to be Sony, but then with my recent 360 purchase it kinda changed)

I think the Wii is gunna please a few people for a little while, but like the dreamcast it's gunna die soon.

There just arent any great games out. Same goes with the PS3 actually, wtf is there to play? Resistance? Well, one game can't hold off for long.

360 ftw?

Lets just stick with our good ol' N64's and GBA's

9. Wii.fubu

wii users can only for the best as`any other consoles, but i dont think it'll die like the dream cast. considering as zelda is game of the year, and the greatest game ever made to some people, if more games are like this (i'm sure not par, but still great) the system will have its wins. now, considering the xbox 360 has been out for along time, ofcourse you can say that it has alot to offer, because of its time. personally, wii is just a side thing for me for friends, and myself as im high on the computer, but yeah, imo it just won't die that quick.

10. Papermache

Papermache Well-Known Member

Man. I just got my Wii a few days ago, and let me tell you, it's awesome. I was a Playstation fanboy till I got that controller in my hand and starting swinging link's sword. Not only is LOZ: TP one of the best, it IS the best. It takes you through a unique new gameplay that not only compliments the wiimote, but also the classic nintendo button combos. Twilight Princess is a very unique story in the Zelda chronicles, the world of Hyrule is not only brilliant now, it's eerie, and magical, and brilliant. Playing this game in a dark room and feeling like you are in the game is something I have only encountered in one other game, Diablo II. Nintendo has brought a few new ideas into play in this game, which may even stump the most hardcore Zelda veterans who have beaten Oot countless times, in under 10 hours. This system and this idea will go far. Hopefully into a whole body suit sensor. The one and only thing that bothers me about the Wii, is not the fact of it's inferior graphics, which are still great btw, but that it pronounced 'We' and not 'Why?'. This system destroys all, even my fanboy spirit on the Playstation 3, who's commercials suck btw.

11. kafro

kafro Member

really, does wii have bad graphics? cause im trying to get my hands on one. If not then an ps3. =] i already have the xbox 360, xbox, ps2, ps, ds, and bunch of other crap.

12. Dagobert

Dagobert Well-Known Member

Wii has horrible gfx, I'm for gameplay as well (which I havnt enjoyed any thing from the wii), I agree it doesnt have to be all about the gfx but God damn come on? Make your self look a little bit better infront of your competitors, you gotta have a little visual improvements.

13. Wii.fubu

The wiis graphics are no where near as good as what the ps3 and xbox 360 has to offer.. so if you're all in graphics, go for that.. if you want to give new gaming a try, try the wii.

Saying the graphics are "horrible" is typical speak from sony/xbox fan boys, and theres nothing wrong with that. it all depends if you're that fussy or not though, cuz gamers these days need their women in games to look perfect.

14. Kennedy

Kennedy Senior Member

The major thing that will/would kill Wii is "Repetiveness"

But people are forgetting that graphics give the game "Depth".

15. Katiebob

Katiebob Well-Known Member

Nintendo is bringing more to the table than any other console so far. Yes the first version of this new technology is Wii which the graphics are not very good at all, but as time progresses they will start to look very good and you will be able to be more hands on than microsoft or sony is allowing you to do. Nintendo is just breaking the ice for all other consoles to come, give it some time and i gurrantee you will be happy both ways with graphics and gameplay. First step towards full virtual reality.