Why You Started Gfx.?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by legenddurn, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Matsybom

Matsybom Well-Known Member

some peepz told me
    aw your good
    your awesome you have to do gfx.
    and i said no
    after a while i got back to the point and matsybom told me to show some of my gfx on GR
    so I did
    after some minuts i realised
    I just sucked :P

2. Volmorous

Volmorous Well-Known Member

I had always wanted to draw and create things when I was a little younger, and I pursued that by creating art traditionally, pencil and paper. But I admired games like Halo, Assassins Creed, Unreal Tournement, and others, and decided to dry some digital things. I immediatly loved it, and I'm hoping to work on it and eventually create video games somehow when I get older, as I'm only 12 now.

3. computech

computech Member

i think darkthrone was the reason i started :P making avatars

4. Mcbeat

Mcbeat Well-Known Member

Trying to...make cool signatures for my emails in MS outlook. At first I used MS word and combined google images. Haha...

:)

5. Hadouken

Hadouken Well-Known Member

I was bored and didn't want to ask people to make them for me.

6. CA410

CA410 Well-Known Member

I was on another forum that had a lot of people that made their own sigs. I decided to give it a try after a while and I've been doing it ever since.

7. boomheadshot45

boomheadshot45 Well-Known Member

I've been on forums for about 1 year and a 1/2, and I have always loved signatures. And I have always wanted to make them. I just got started making them. I am not that good, but I am progressing.

8. Rss4560

Rss4560 Well-Known Member

Forums. I saw awesome sigs and

i thought that i could probably do that. Soon i

got photoshop and became addicted ;)

9. Axis

Axis Well-Known Member

I'm in love with everything called "Arts", that's why. Photoshop is the one of the most powerful software and I tryed it. After few months, I decided to work hard to be able to draw what my mind was trying to explain. And...that's it!

10. AngofWolf

AngofWolf Member

I used to be on a forum(which is still up but the entire member list has changed) and there were some people who made graphics. Not many, just a few. The guy who seemed the most into it was named Kanji. So I started talking to him and got a copy of photoshop. From there I went around from forum to forum learning, sometimes stopping for months at a time.

11. 614-TM

614-TM Well-Known Member

chicks dig dudes with skills.
    so my logic was:
    get skills.
    get chicks.

but really, lurking all over deviantART made me envious and i decided to get photoshop and play around.

12. Marthmaster92

Marthmaster92 Well-Known Member

Started 3 years ago, when i first started web design. I wanted to start making my own web graphics, and i started with paintshop --- 7. Eventually got Paintshop --- 11, then GIMP, which i've stuck with til today.

the main reason i started though? I seen what other people were doing with sigs and I was like: "I want to do that. I know what i want to do now." Originally i wanted to be a photographer in life, but after going around on various GFX sites and seeing what people have done and are still doing, now I plan to be a graphic designer.

-Cobra

13. Nasuul

Nasuul Well-Known Member

It was the next step from physical medium.

14. legenddurn

legenddurn Well-Known Member

Mine was basically after seeing people tags i was intrested. Then owned gfx-reborn which helped but later went on too sell it.

15. bluefalcon_ad

bluefalcon_ad Well-Known Member

Being alone in a room when I was little simply thinking while some domestic "violence" is always outside of my old room helped shape who I am. The artistic world of writing and drawing is the only way to express these thoughts, these continual, progressive thoughts. Sure, I was incredibly little, but regardless, I knew what was going on, and even today, there isn't a damn thing I can do about any of it. The only thing I could do is write, and write in such a way that late High School teachers enjoyed my work (I found a way to get a genuine answer out of them too ^_^ )

Not many people like to read though, or even make an attempt at reading, even if it was written incredibly well. I wanted visual words. Photoshop peaked my interest initially for forum signatures, and idiotically I was still searching for "visual words" as I was progressing in signature design. Eventually, I kind of had a wake up call, finally realizing that what I can do in Photoshop is something I certainly cannot pull off in reality on paper and pencil. Genuine "gfx" began, and 'til this day I am still progressing in my skills as I write along side it. Photoshop and GFX gave me my visual words. I owe a lot to it.