Why Steam Sucks.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Boxiom, Feb 21, 2007.

1. desertfox

desertfox Well-Known Member

Then either you hacked or used a skin that contained a hack.

2. [ED] Aose

[ED] Aose Well-Known Member

Steam fails at trying to load games...everytime I tried to play a game, it would either crash or have an error....or both, then shutdown my computer.

3. Bam

Bam Well-Known Member

Not always true. My low 6 digit got banned for hacks. I've never hacked, I don't trust that they don't have a backdoor or keylogger or something. I've never used a script. The only skin I've used is CPL GUI.

Bull---- ban.

4. Renwick.

Renwick. Well-Known Member

I personally have no problems with steam, been using it for 2 yrs now.

5. oasis420

oasis420 Senior Member

i really dont see why you all hate it.....

6. .Shady

.Shady Well-Known Member

same here i love cs but steam itsself is pretty bad lots of stuff that goes wrong with me sumtimes but overall i like it alot :)

7. johndapunk FTW

johndapunk FTW Senior Member

yeah, you're probably right; except for the friends system, that is pretty bad. also, i dunno if it is just me, but my "Favorite Servers" is never working :blink:

8. Devilnaruto

Devilnaruto Senior Member

I don't hate it, i just dont like the fact that you cant play games in offline mode, cause i was without a connection for like a month, I would have atleast liked to play CZ bots or soemthin T_T....

9. Boxiom

Boxiom Well-Known Member

Okay Steam...

I have 2 steam accounts (1 now..). Been playing Counter Strike 1.6 for about..3 years now.

I never really did like steam. The interface..that ugly green. Yea I can change the skin but it gets uglier.

I eventually for Christmas last year got a new steam account and sever new games(0'5 Christmas)! I was excited! I got Counter Strike Source, Half Life 2, and a few others. I fired up steam and almost hurled when I saw the source interface. So ugly and clunky...had so many problems

First I would try to join a game..I would double click on the server list a server to join. AND NOTHING WOULD HAPPEN. I mean what the ----, I double click the goddamn server, according to the law of clicking on ----ing links it should open, but no. I right click "join server", still doesn't do ----. What the ---- man.

Sometimes I Would click the server name about 5000 times and finally it will start to connect magically, because I guess you need to click it 5000 times or some ----..then I wait about a minute for it to connect to the god damn server, to find out that every single player in the game is in spectator.

I mean what the ----, I look at the server list, 20 people in the game. Oh cool, I think I will join. Its ----ing bots on spec...I mean what the ----..I just wasted 5 minutes clicking the server 5000 times, and 1 minute for it to load to find out, its me verse nobody.

When I finally get to play CS:S it sucks dick(not related to steam, but valve). So whatever...steam sucks.

I mean the ----ing friends list feature BARELY works, sometimes my controls would randomly reset to the defaults..What the ---- is that ---- man..I didn't do that, I guess either some guy at Steam gets paid to log onto my account and reset my controls to the default to ---- with me, or I got high and changed them myself.

So over the course of a year I buy some more games..DOD:S...CS:CZ...etc..Ive poured mabye...at least $150+ into this one steam account, game wise.

So one day, a normal day, about the 5000050603th day Ive had steam, I decide to play some dod:s. I open steam, try to login, what the flying ---- my account has been disabled. I mean, I didnt disable the account, so Steam must of did it. Why?

After I wasted 20 minutes looking for the god damn "make a new support ticket" button (I swear to god they ----ing hide the thing so you cant ask questions) I make a ticket requesting to know WHY THE ---- MY ACCOUNT WAS DISABLED.

After about 5 days I finally get a response from some robot, or what they claimed is a real person. I guess people like to talk like robots now, because I had made a ticket back a few months, and had gotten the same reply. Something like "Try setting up the email to this blah bl;h"...okay thats no the ----ing problem, I cant even get in my ----ing account. I reply.

5 more days later I get ANOTHER bull ---- robot reply.

Finally after about 2 weeks Im furious. My support ticket has foul language and attitude written all over it.

Somehow we never resolve it.

My account is gone, deleted, for no reason.

I told them:
    Give me my account back. Give.

They ask me for proof...what the ---- proof...I mean come the ---- on is it not more obvious that the ----ing emails are the same and names and everything I mean christ.

I ask for a number to call, this online ---- is no good. No number. WHAT THE ---- COMPANY DOESNT HAVE A NUMBER TO CALL FOR SUPPORT. I WANT TO YELL AT SOME ARABIAN INSTEAD OF TALK TO A ----ING ROBOT. I mean what the ----, give me a god damn number you lazy pieces of ----ing ----.

There it is, $150+ down the drain, ---- YOU STEAM

Merged Post:

In my next rant: Steam and pop up ads!

10. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Steam is pissing me off now as well.

When I try to jump into a server for source, my latency jumps up into the 1,000 and my entire wireless connection drops. Kicking me from mIRC, xfire, and MSN IM - requiring me to get off my ass and restart my internet router.

It started working fine after almost a year, a few days ago, and has now resorted back to the original issue.

The friends list is a joke, and the favorite servers list wipes every few days if your lucky, sooner if not. Thank god for xfire!

Andrew

11. Fourstar

Fourstar Well-Known Member

here, there, and sometimes in your backyard
    ^^and I thought I was the only having those problems, source tends to be laggy everytime I play it online, even my 1.6 is starting to do it already, I walk through the door, 5 secs lag, next thing I know, I'm dead.. customer support is crappy as ----.. why can't they be like EA link :(

12. Boxiom

Boxiom Well-Known Member

Oh yea the sever list too...jesus christ Steam blows

13. Renwick.

Renwick. Well-Known Member

Well this is kinda like with the xbox 360, some people have had absolutely no problems, others have gone through 3-4 consoles cos they broke or something.

14. ABUSEplz

ABUSEplz Well-Known Member

steams fine :S except the offline mode part and taking 530 years to load a game and the friends list and the favourites wiping out.. its alright

15. oasis420

oasis420 Senior Member

well, i occasionally dont see my fav's (server) and i dont even use the steam friends thing LOL, i pretty much just use xfire (xfire also keeps track of your fav servers/recently visited)