Why Does Everyone Hate Bill Gates?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BrendanR, Dec 28, 2006.

1. MasterGnu

MasterGnu Active Member

No. Cause then they would've competed out microsoft. Bill Gates put a lot of money and effort in creating his business and obviously noone did it better than him cause then he wouldn't be in the position he is. Now there is some luck, and we also have a lot to thank all those people who invested their own money in Microsoft before it became big.

2. MirageRockz

MirageRockz Active Member

Meh i got nothing against the bloke, I want him to be my dad. Imagine the sorta ---- you'd get for being an only child with him. Snap.

3. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

that goes back to the chaos theory...

a butterfly floating it's wings in brazil... results in a tsunami off the coast off africa..

4. Dark_Elite

Dark_Elite Senior Member

95% of the people who say they hate him actually don't, its just a fad.

5. jetlagged_07

jetlagged_07 Active Member

people cant stand the fact that he is smart and earned his money the hard way so they envy him through hate. Its funny how people like him are hated about 10x more than people like Paris Hilton who had everything handed to her, go figure

6. Renwick.

Renwick. Well-Known Member

Well I dont hate him, mainly cos I dun know him and I dont generally rate other poeple that I dont know personally/IRL.

7. xlink

no,

they can't stand the fact that he's smart, got his product to market, and established it as the only viable software platform for the entire home computing market -and the product is comparative crap.

8. MasterGnu

MasterGnu Active Member

Firstly, before replying to your comment I must state I am not a windows-fanboy. As an example I write this in Firefox since it is both safer and more user-friendly then Internet explorer. I also find Mac OS to be a much better OS (and I really enjoy the visual style more) but still use pc since it is more price-worthy.

Windows is not perfect, but it has what most people want. It's easy to use, fairly simple and doesn't cost too much. Most people don't care about driver-support, they buy a whole computer-package from somewhere and will never change anything. If their OS wouldn't work at all at any other computer wouldn't really be a big deal.

The big question is, could Microsoft create pure crap and still earn a lot of money on it? *cough* windows ME *cough*. The answer is no. There is a lot of programs that they have lost much much money on. Windows ME is one example, if you're running business you have probably never heard of Windows Money cause you have another accountancy-program that isn't crap. People have done researches on this kind of things (since it is important economic knowledge) and in general, if a windows program or OS has gotten bad reviews they usually also flops. If, as an example, windows ME had been the last OS windows created they would be in deep problem today, some other business would've seen the chance and started taking market-shares like crazy.

9. ChiefNX

ChiefNX Well-Known Member

Oh now hold on. The only reason most home users stick with microsoft is they're either unaware of, ignorant of, or afraid of the alternatives.

10. Chakka

Chakka Well-Known Member

no, most home users stick with Windows because it is still much better. Yes, its poorly coded, and yes OSX and Linux etc. all have good points to them, but in the end Windows rains supreme.

Although to be fair it does only reign supreme because it reigns supreme. People use windows for business because they know everyone else does...this means its far easier to transfer files/train employees. They only have to worry about one system, which covers most of the world.

11. ChiefNX

ChiefNX Well-Known Member

Hmm lets see now:

Linux/Unix:

Pros

More stable
    More secure
    More advanced/powerful
    Faster
    Free
    Fewer annoyances

Cons

Less software/hardware support (due to Microsoft's unfortunate dominance of the computer industry)

Windows:

Pros

Everyone uses it
    Gaming/graphics software will be better if you're prepared to pay for it

Cons

[Opposites of *nix pros]

If you can think of some more points for either OS, then feel free to point them out...

12. Agent 89

Agent 89 Well-Known Member

i dont hate bill gates...

13. .Sinister

.Sinister Well-Known Member

*Off Topic*
    Hmm from what ive heard he did produce Microsoft as a company but the question is did he make it?? NO a young teen made windows and bill gates liked the idea so he brought it off the teen and now and look he now is one of the richest men in the world.

*On Topic*
    IMO people are just jealous of him, i mean why hate on someone when most people use their products maybe including yourselves? Obviously jealousy issues there.

14. xlink

ok well...

linux, is relatively easy to use(or atleast could be)
    it's more stable than windows.

and a 20 lisence pack is free unlike windows where will cost in the neighbor hood of $8000 for vista premium.

=================
    I build PCs, I'm blockeduating the operating system, not the the overpriced hardware used ina platform. The reason macs cost so much is because they don't use ----ty parts like Dell, Hp, eMachines, and Gateway do. Check out some quality PCs from the likes of falcon northwest, and Voodoo, they make macs look cheap(and macs are cheap)

=================

and let me reiterate, how is windows cheap?
    latest version of OSX $100
    most linux distributions FREE $0
    windows XP $130
    Windows vista $400

last time i checked windows is expensive(for the non-castrated versions in OEM form)

================
    windows is resource hungry(look at what apple's OSX did under a lowly G3 168mb RAM) vista needs 2GB RAM to run smoothely, that's 2048mb. It also eats up CPU and GPU clocks like no tomorrow.

windows is relatively unstable, though laters versions are mroe and mroe stabel they are still no where near the level of stability of unix derived OSes

innefficient File system NTFS is allright, but ext3 is just far mroe efficient.

etc.

the list goes on. The onyl thign windows has is hardware and software support, and that's not because windows is good, it's because it is the msot widely used. it's msot widely used because it has that support, in short it's an endless cycle.

15. sh1ftymiqj

sh1ftymiqj Member

Bill Gates has given millions of $ of his own money to charity and is one of the biggest donators in the world today.

He cant be a bad person then...?