Why Do You Like Gr

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by conorp, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Agaki

Agaki Well-Known Member

Sydney (Nothing compared to Brisbane), Australia
    The C+C. When you ask for C+C you get C+C, unlike in some other randomn forums.

2. Hootnnuts

Hootnnuts Well-Known Member

look right below this vvv From: look right above t
    for me 1 thing is having a good community to show my sigs and get good comments and improvements. and also the credits system and being able to earn credits and buy good tuts to make better sigs.

3. Insomnia

Insomnia Senior Member

I have a few friends here:

Aenema,Street and Darkstar being a few

4. HG666

HG666 Banned from GR

For the resources

5. oasis420

oasis420 Senior Member

ive been around GR since 04, ive had many ups ands downs on GR (some leading to me leaving for a long amount of time, some leading to new accounts being made, some leading to name changes) but all in all i keep coming back time and time again, i love the technology and games section, and i just love how active this forum is.

6. DarthMan

DarthMan Well-Known Member

I just love this forum...when you ask for comment and rates for your sig..you get it...and there are many many stuffs that I learned in sig making with all those tuts and guides.

7. LA-384

LA-384 Well-Known Member

I rolled into GR after someone told me about it. I started to like it because people were allways gratefull for what i did. I started to like it more once i got to know people better. Then everything went down really fast. I left for about a year (sometimes checking in). And it hasn't become any better. Now i'm just on gr, because i have freetime, and i don't know any other forum about gfx.

The activity isn't that good, it used to be way much more active. When i first came here, it took around a day or maybe less before a topic without any new comments moved to the 2nd page. now it's still on page one after 4-5 days (i'm talking about the render section). And the rep system is becoming really really annoying since everybody is asking for rep-points instead of earning them. It's even in the rules, but no-one is doing something about it.
    btw in my opinion "rep is appreaciated" is the same as "please give me rep".

8. Hadouken

Hadouken Well-Known Member

Same, I tend not to Give -Rep points to people who say that..

9. Prince Zainx

Prince Zainx The Dark Prince

I have been active on GameRenders since 2004 when this site actually rolled up....was searching about gaming and graphic designing forums back then and just happened to find this baby!
    Have had about three accounts and sold two last ones but kept this one since this is cool !

Plus I basically come to Game Renders just because of the people on this site!
    I love talking to all different types of people and how everyone has the right to say his/her own openion and it is fun to read topics with real life issues (not many here but yeah) and
    how we get to share our talents together and then at last do something new for others out there in the world!

I know because I used to write tons of tutorials....and I believe they are still out here :)
    but yeah...I just plain old love this site

and was good friends with Llama :) (not in real life though)
    ...but an old timer ! ^_^

10. bluefalcon_ad

bluefalcon_ad Well-Known Member

Well aren't you a lucky one. I don't have any friends yet...heh..... ;(

I do like most of the people who post here, though. I love reading some posts, even though their spelling and crap could be a heck of a lot better, I do think that I've had plenty of laughs already in my stay here.

So basically, I stay here for:
    - Debating
    - The users.
    - Resources/Tutorials/Getting better at graphics
    - Great place to chill. A lot of the other forums I go to have totalitarian-like administrators. Heh. This place is very laid back, and I love it for that.

As for the +rep comments, that's why I try to always receive +rep through actually making good posts, rather than making a tutorial. It's better earned rep to post something funny, or well-thought, than to be all "LOL I MDE A TUT LOL ITS SEX LOL +REP PLZ"...that just sounds retarded.

100th post lawl

11. dannysmith

dannysmith Well-Known Member

personally, i like the fact that because im only a kid I can buy stuff without a credit card :)

12. mnnicol

mnnicol Well-Known Member

This is definitely one of the more active forums I go to. Resources, tutorials, etc are also very nice.

13. nanSTA

nanSTA Senior Member

Active
    Great People
    Things Are Fixed Quickly
    Not To Many Rules
    Currancy
    Crew System
    Very Organized
    Its A Forum About What I Love To Do
    ...Thats Just A Few Of The Things

14. GuitarGuru

GuitarGuru Well-Known Member

I like GR because of how active it is. I enjoy posting on the forums and getting to know the people on it.

15. .Embrace.

.Embrace. Well-Known Member

Good tutorials and it has a lot of members like must sig sites don't :D .