Why Do You Hate Vista?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by rueterj, Apr 17, 2008.

1. King Damager

King Damager Well-Known Member

ok, well as I see it, unless you're running Aero it's not the different from xp, I mean I got a laptop and it was running vista, and within half a day it was working pretty well, I could use it dead easy. But I still have a couple of problems with it.

- Usage wise, I don't think there's too much different running xp and vista, except for a couple of changes, etc... and if you're not running Aero, the looks pretty much the same. So if you don't have the processing power for Aero you might as well stick with xp.
    - I didn't have that problem though (4gb of ram and dual core), all though it used up an aweful amount of cpu - constantly around 30% without running anything else - which really didn't make too much sense, and was well, annoying.
    - I had little compatability issues, except having to order a new modem, but it was about 4 years old, so I'm not really complaining about that.
    - Vista definitely did have some hardware compatability issues though,- with the built in webcam it struggled and came up with errors or blacked out every 5 mintues, and it had problems using the graphics card (GeForce 8400M)
    - There were definitely problems with the system restore, once the first error had occured - had done multiple virus scans - and couldn't even restore properly back to start.
    - Aero IS pretty, just OS X is prettier.

From what I've read here, and from personal experience, it would seem to me, that vista itself works well, until you have one problem, and then that problem is pretty hard to fix, and the problems increase and start to spiral downhill.

That's why for now, until sp2(most likely) comes out, I'll stick to xp and OS x, I'll admit what microsoft did was good, and it is better than xp, it just isn't quite stable enough from my own experiences, to support what I want to do with it.

2. Prince Zainx

Prince Zainx The Dark Prince

In my Opinion No one really hates vista.

It is more of a Dislike Issue than Hate!

True that Every Operating System had a few Bugs when it first came out, Including XP and Apples X (forgot name)

Vista is better than XP and XP is better than Vista in a few ways
    Both Operating Systems are the top notch.
    It is just that in-order to fully utilize vista, we need more sources like RAM, Processor and Graphics Technology, which every old Computer does not have currently.

In the future Vista will get better just like XP when XP was released a few years back...
    So seeing from my opinion we dont hate Vista it is just that it has some un-needed features and some features that require us to upgrade our system.

People who can afford these changes are happy because honestly I have been using vista since it first came out and it had a few bugs
    but now it is getting better and I am getting used to it more than XP

But then again having the power of Dual Boot , I can enjoy both and hate neither one nor the other

-Zain

3. King Damager

King Damager Well-Known Member

xD so true, and yeah it's Apples OS X leopard, is the latest version.

All though actually leopard has bootcamp so you can enjoy the fun of xp/vista dualbooting without the massive amounts of hassle of setting it up. - You just run bootcamp and stick in a couple of discs.

kd

4. smallpau1

smallpau1 Senior Member

i installed Vista Business (free from school), i couldn't run anything at the speed i wanted, without a dual core processor. lol, so until i have a new mobo and video card, i will hate it, =)

5. Firedrake

Firedrake Well-Known Member

The only thing I can see is good for it, is DX10, and the cool new effects, and layout of vista, but I have a transformation pack for the vista look, and well DX10 games are not very many, so I be happy with my BF2, CSS:D

6. GearGuy2001

GearGuy2001 Senior Member

I like vista's layout but it runs so slow, especially on my laptop

7. -=DaRKSTaR=-

-=DaRKSTaR=- Senior Member

ive noticed that too & atm i only got 1gb ram (DDR) and works like a charm .. there are software compatibility issues but besides that works fine - i was a vista hater because of the drivers issue but atm i like it everything works & my programs library aint small .. its hugeee :D

8. .Shine

.Shine Well-Known Member

Because everyone loves the Mac OS X too much.. sadly.