Where Are The Us?

Discussion in 'Camera Drawn' started by }SoC{SainT, Apr 21, 2009.

1. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

C'mon, I need at least one person to talk to :(

And, out of curiosity, does anyone in here know much about strobes?

2. Local

Local Well-Known Member

I'm around :) just this is prolly the worst time for me as of exams in such but I'll enter in the photocomp for sure with something dont know what yet.

3. dinges

dinges Senior Member

no idea about strobes
    I'm still here but not actively since I'm still rather ill ;)

4. }SoC{SainT

Then get better you!

Just want to make sure we still exist. I don't know what's going on with the resource pack, since the list was never updated. Either way, I'd still like to make sure we get it finished ;)

5. Papermache

Papermache Well-Known Member

I am still here, though rarely checking in these days. I will probably enter the contest and I will produce pictures for the pack. I am getting quite bored with where I live right now. I feel like there is nothing to take a picture of, I have no money to invest in a new lens yet so It has me down. And why do you need strobe lights? Plan on having a rave?

6. }SoC{SainT

Real strobes, as in the kind that go POP when you release your shutter :P. Big lights on stands that like to blind your model (that's what makes them fun!). I used strobes for the last competition since I had to shoot a low key shot for an assignment. Can't control lighting ratios if you can't control light. I guess I could show some of the results with strobes... I'm kinda new at them, but I'm getting better. Of course, once I learn the white lightnings, I'm sure she's going to have us use the other lights that require a power pack... Those apparently get really bright if you crank up the power.

I still have to figure out what I want to shoot for my product photography assignment. Has to be a bathroom product... Maybe gel, I really want to shoot a liquid so I can aim the lights upwards :lol:

I'm committed to getting a new lens this summer myself. Only problem is that I have no money, and what I do have is going towards getting married and starting a life together. ...I'm a bit clueless as to how I'm going to get a new wide angle lens.