When Do You Think..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by x0r, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Meeza

Meeza Junior Member

omg yah no one bothered telling me either :censored: i hate when people dont tell me things, well no point in having kids if their gonna blow up with the world

:blink:

2. faraz0990

faraz0990 Well-Known Member

I think I will be the only surviver :lol: :rofl:

3. Renwick.

Renwick. Well-Known Member

How do you know the world will blow up in 100 years, it'll prolly be 100,000 years

4. I_R_BACK_I_R_LOSER

I_R_BACK_I_R_LOSER Well-Known Member

The planets got a good few million years left. Not too sure on the state of humanity.

5. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

^^^

Like he just said.

The Earth won't "End" until it finally collides with the sun or a huge ass comet.

Humanity may end, but the Earth has been around...a while longer then us.

Either way, Humanity isn't ending any time soon either, World War 3 if it ever comes around will fk things up a bit but, meh.

6. Xeni

Xeni Active Member

By 2100, we'll've probally landed on mars, i mean, we've only been in space 40 years, yet we have probes that are not behond pluto, big spacestations and planning a permament moon base.

Human life on earth i think will continue for a long time, hell, we survived an ice age 10000 years ago, back then, we where hardly as clever, global warming will not be able to even half our numbers, that'd take something like a massive meteor, which, we're already figuring out ways to destroy, even though nons here yet.
    The japanese are planning an experiment to create a new universe soon too, imagine if we could go into that universe and the wormhole thats expected to open to it stays there.

To destroy the earth, You ether wait 5 billion years until the sun finally engulfs us as it finished its life, or smash a massive planet into us (Mars wont do, they believe it was a mars sized on that made us the moon, yet eartsh here still)

7. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

You speak of Humans being clever...
    But its that...intellect, that is going to be the death of the human race.

As humans we may have developed amazing technology. space ships, cloning, weapons of mass destruction, what have you. But we are yet to learn how to use all this power, Humanity's lack of responsibility for our new power is what will finally destroy us

(Although Earth will of course, continue to Thrive, even more so in out absence)

You only have to look at the huge number of wars to see it, it takes one person, one day to destroy every human on the planet. There is weapons of unimaginable power, in a few places now.

When it comes down to it, Global Warming won't kill us, Flooding won't kill us, a Comet won't kill us. Our "intellect" will be what finally eliminates the human race, we've progressed from cavemen only in the sense that we can kill things quicker.

8. :KP:

:KP: Well-Known Member

^^mhmmmmmmm

seriously, global warming is doing nothing to us now, and it wont for another million years or so. eventually we will probably live on the moon or mars, and everything will be all good. and our "intellect" will be our downfall if anything. seriously we are gonan try to destroy each other with nukes, but all that will do is destroy the entire world either directly or from poisoning.

9. bluefalcon_ad

bluefalcon_ad Well-Known Member

I do recall one time reading on how they are having theories and such on how to transport oxygen to Mars, to have a planet we could live in. I doubt we'll able to do it successfully in the next 100 years, though.

Global warming is happening, though. Climate changes, more hurricanes, water level rising, excruciating heat and cold temperatures. It's happening all around us. It isn't just "LOL WATER RISING LOL HEAT", it's far, FAR more than that. Get it straight. You can't tell me it's happening when I live right in the heart of Florida, and I've sat through over 5 hurricanes in the last 2-3 years already.

There are plenty of ways to eliminate the human race, global warming is definitely one of them. And it is us who are causing this, our very own intellect. Our ways of not finding alternative fuel, our ways of putting as much Co2 in the air as possible, without even THINKING about finding a way to clean our air. Our smoking, our fuel, our way of LIFE is causing global warming to happen. I've done plenty of study on it. It's sadly a problem that will not cease until it starts effecting us to the point of devastation.

I feel sorry for the people who are ignorant to the point where they don't care whatsoever of the place they live in. It will be the cause of our own demise.

That isn't to say we might die before any global warming can actually occur. It doesn't take much for someone to develop a new, man-made virus. We already have AIDs swarming around. Just imagine if some maniacal genius comes along and, based off the AIDs virus, produces a brand new state of the art virus that will be 10 times more deadlier and can spread 10 times even faster and in more ways than you can imagine and then cast it off throughout the entire planet.

Or what if an accidental message is sent to another country, even though this is very unlikely, and more countries want diplomacy, what if they send a message to another country, the country gets angry, so angry to the point where they fire a nuclear weapon to the messenger. Nuclear war is also very likely.

Notice though, many of the ways this human race can cease to exist is through the utilization of our own intellect...

We will truly be the cause of our own demise.

I really do hate it when people try to say "OH GLOBAL WARMING ISN'T HAPPENING LOL" "LOL WTF WE'RE GONNA LIVE ON DA M00N S00N LOLZ", truly ignorant and dumb statements. I wish people would THINK a bit more and RESEARCH a bit more before they talk crap.

10. Enphenitie

Enphenitie Well-Known Member

Most correct statement in this whole thread.

11. -maia-

-maia- Member

Well, I think the future is very uncertain,, cuz, currently '2007', the water is getting more and more contaminated, in some parts of the world water is undrinkable and some organisms can't even survive in it.
    The air is also getting badly contaminated, natural and pure air is almost gone and pretty soon air might be unbreathable.
    The land is getting overcrowded and people abuse it and destroy it, so, soon there might not be any usable land and natural resources are dissapering forever.
    Without usable land, air, water, and fuel food production won't be possible, so unless humans do something to preserve the environment life in the future might be impossible, very harsh, or very expensive.
    we are our worst enemies

12. Pk Kn1ght

Pk Kn1ght Well-Known Member

I honestly don't think we're going to die anytime soon like 100 years from now. I'm not sure but I think the first planet we're going to be able to live on is the moon or mars.

13. xcaiusxcassiusx

xcaiusxcassiusx Member

havent you seen The Day After Tomorrow?
    haha
    i personally think it'll be within the next 100 years

14. FatalAssassin

FatalAssassin Member

100 years seems a bit soon, but mars would be quite cool :)

15. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

it probably takes at least 50 years to create a suitable atmosphere on say mars or the moon

and -maia- the maximum capicty for human life on the earth is 8 billion. were at 6 billion now, so id say weve got some time