What's The Cool About Make A Tut About A Full Sig?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coke, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Coke

Coke Well-Known Member

Hi there folks.

Just wondered, what's the cool part of this?
    To have a sig like anyone else? What's cool with it?

No offence to Bona Fide, Dark and such, who have mate wonderfull whole-sigs tuts.

But just keep wonder, isen't it more nice, if you have "your own" style?
    I hope you know what I'm saying.

Not saying that tips and such are uncool, but whole sigs? Just don't get it.

Please replay.

'The wonder-full kid' ;)
    Christian.

2. mttviper

mttviper Well-Known Member

Tut's are there to help people, unfortunatly all the tuts made round here are about an overwhored style. So yes, I agree.

3. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

just to play the devils advocate, tuts are not all too bad. They help people determine an algorithm for creating a sig and everyone ultimately does tweek each tut in one maner or another.

as for me I have never really used tuts all too much. I have been doing GFX for about 2.5 years though only within the last few months have I had PS, before I used PSP7 and was not too serious. I do agree that experimentation is the best way to learn but everyone needs a jump a program such as PS is big and seemingly complicated and confusing to the first time user.

4. Coke

Coke Well-Known Member

I don't mean that nothing is wrong with tutorials, at all!
    I luv some of them,. Just dont get the 'whole sig'-tuts ;D

Other comments?

Christian.

5. Fate

Fate Well-Known Member

'Full sig tuts' are made so others can improve and then hopefully develop their own style

6. Bona Fide

Bona Fide Well-Known Member

Since you mentioned me...I thought I should answer...;)

A complete tutorial is a guideline for people who are new to the techniques and skills involved in creating such a piece. Many people, when they start using Photoshop, don't even know what the hell a brush is. I know I didn't ;). So, the tutorial demonstrates the versatility of tools in Photoshop, and suggests procedures for making a benchmark signature. As always, it is the reader's job to add his/her own pieces of creativity, thereby creating a singular, unique signature, that they can be identified by.

Hell yes. I win. :D

7. Cannabis

Cannabis Senior Member

^^ well said a full sig tutorial as with any tutorial is to develop/evolve as a designer. the whole idea is to learn that style then change it to make your own style.

8. Reptar

Reptar Well-Known Member

Most people that I know normaly alter their sig during/after the tut so it dosn't seem to be the same as everyone else. One thing I do not understand is why someone wouldn't alter the sig at all, it would take away the whole point of a sig ( to be an indivdual).

9. Wins

Wins Well-Known Member

It helps the people new to photo shop

10. Coke

Coke Well-Known Member

That I think people is misunderstanding.

I don't say it ain't cool sigs you people mades (cuzz some of em are), but if all try it, and set it as their def. sig - so there are many that have, then i think it's a little lame.

I don't say you can't use brushes or, any otherthing.. (Exept just a font change ;)) and its lame.. Not like that..

If you know what I mean?

----.. :censored: .. this sounded mutch better in danish, when i wrote it ;)

Christian.

11. Phat Albert

Phat Albert Well-Known Member

Just experiment untill you can make things on your own. The best thing for you to do is to make something unique.

12. Ch4os

Ch4os Well-Known Member

Tuts are here for people that need them. Im sure that every1 on this forum have used a tut before. That are simply a help guide for people that need to learn

13. Bona Fide

Bona Fide Well-Known Member

That I think people is misunderstanding.

I don't say it ain't cool sigs you people mades (cuzz some of em are), but if all try it, and set it as their def. sig - so there are many that have, then i think it's a little lame.

I don't say you can't use brushes or, any otherthing.. (Exept just a font change ;)) and its lame.. Not like that..

If you know what I mean?

----.. :censored: .. this sounded mutch better in danish, when i wrote it ;)

Christian. [/b][/quote]
    Oh I get what you mean. The people who carbon-copy tutorials? That's just lame. A tutorial is meant to be altered, twisted around, and worked with. You don't learn anything from blindly following steps. That's called spoon-feeding. :unsure:

14. Coke

Coke Well-Known Member

That's what i mean! :)

15. Xodius

Xodius Well-Known Member

I think having these full sig tuts are great for newbies, for the more serious about graphics, they can develop there own style