Whats Missing?

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by ColdTurkey, Sep 24, 2009.

1. ColdTurkey

ColdTurkey Well-Known Member

I've been working on this sig and now I am stuck and don't know what to add......it's missing something.

[​IMG]

With txt (i know i suck at txt)
    [​IMG]

2. Strykor

Strykor Well-Known Member

:>
    If you consider the whole signature it has to be a little darker at the left side. :> If the light comes from above her downer chin has to bee a little darker, as well.
    The colors are pretty sweet and at the left side there is even a little and nice flow. :D
    The light comes from the right top which is okay, too.
    I would jus say, the signature is a little plain, it misses some depth, I would really recommend to start with some kind of stock in the background so you
    really get the flow in the beginning without having this "problem" then with the later designing.
    Despite of that there is still missing that something. And it is called flow. :> You need to at least have a litttttle bit of it in your signature. :>
    Therefore I would suggest you to at first remove those lines at the text from the downer signature because the flow is off. :>
    You can either put some flow with the direction of the light, maybe from the render to the top right and then, like a mirror, on the left side to the left side away by using c4d render / smudge techniques, etc...
    Some layer masks would do good as well. =D

3. ColdTurkey

ok, ill see what i can do.

4. amr.pure

amr.pure Member

ya, i agree with the first statement to make behind he head and back parts of hair darker, to give it little more depth, and maybe even pen tool or something to add to the flow that he was mentioning.
    i agree with the great coloring and everything, all that is great. but it is a bit too plain,adding lighting and flow would make it better

5. Mxsuperfly

Mxsuperfly Senior Member

The sig is good. The blending around the hair, :).

You should make the text stick out more, not something to plain. Maybe consider working on a bigger canvas to give more room for creativity. ;)

6. ColdTurkey

[​IMG]

Props to Strykor for helping me out.

Hows this?