Whatcha Think?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AnythingPink, Jul 20, 2008.

1. AnythingPink

AnythingPink Well-Known Member

I would like to hear advice towards..

Whether or not I should stay vegetarian..

I know it's only a decision I can make, but I'll greatly appreciate hearing other opinions.

Lately for the past few days, I've been feeling rather weak. Sort of light headed.. Lack of energy.. Stuff like that. So I tell my parents and they think it's coming from my diet. They say I don't eat anymore.. And how meat is the "only" good way to achieve getting enough nutrients in a diet. And I just may be weak from my diet. Already I'm a vegetarian and lately my lack of appetite and not eating much doesn't help the cause either. Because yesterday and today I did not have breakfast.. I had lunch but a lot of times I wake up and my hunger doesn't kick in for a few hours.

Even my friend Dan thinks I should revert back.. Back there's also this pride issue. How can I just go back on something that I chose? How can I eat something that I personally don't agree with? It was hard enough to even go vegetarian, but it'll be harder for me to revert, because there are two things going against me. My lack of desire to eat meat, and my pride which says "wow you're a hypocrite eating something you don't agree with."

So I could use some outside views on the matter. Thanks in advance.

2. XxCarbinexX

XxCarbinexX Well-Known Member

Maybe you should look into protein drinks or something. They pack tons of vital nutrients and vitamins. I personally drink something called CytoGainer and, according to the nutritional facts, it seems to have everything your body needs.

So if you were to drink that you would be getting all of its nutrients without you even having to come close to eating meat.

Hope this helps.

3. AnythingPink

Thank you, that's a good idea. I may just try that. My mom buys me Vitamin Water, I'll just have her to replace it with a protein drink and see how that goes.

4. XxCarbinexX

XxCarbinexX Well-Known Member

Here's the nutritional facts.

http://www.nutripeak.com/cycy6lb.html

108% of your daily value of protein sounds quite healthy, lol.

5. gazebo

gazebo Well-Known Member

You should defiantly not stay a vegetarian if your starting to get light headed and starting to have a lack of appetite.

6. FirebatHero

FirebatHero Well-Known Member

why did you go vegetarian?

7. AnythingPink

I'm a total softie for animals.

8. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

What about all those plants your killing to eat that salad?

Just as much a part of wildlife as meat is. Those animals that are killed for most restaurants and fast food places are born, bred, fed, and killed purely for the purpose of being food. As humans, we are still part of the food chain, its just that we have come up with ways to actually MAKE our food instead of letting nature do its thing and killing it. Don't hate because we came up with ways to increase the amount of food production in the world. As to how they die... does it truly matter? Either way they are going to die, either by us for food, or by other animals, for their food, your choice, kiling and eating meat is a normal part of most animals lives.

9. AnythingPink

There's a difference however. Plants do not have the ability to feel pain.

But you've made a good point. It's just I personally can't eat it anymore like I used to. I'm in no way saying we aren't meant to eat meat, I realize that it is natural in nature for most animals to eat each other. However, I'm no animal, I'm a human and I have the free will to choose what I'd like to eat.

10. Faith.09

Faith.09 Banned from GR

Oh please, I never eat breakfast, and I'm fine.

word to Dem!

11. dalecyt

dalecyt Well-Known Member

its the same with animals aswell ,there killed as quickly and as painless as possible, its not as though there going through a torture chamber

12. dementia

Are you a plant? How are you scientifically able to state plants feel no pain when they die? I get its a personal decision, not trying to sway anyone.

Ever notice how a plant doesn't just immediately die? Take away a plants nourishments and it does what? It wilts and dies over time. You can save a dying plant by using plant food and water, wala, springs right back to life. Just because it may not bleed, and it doesn't communicate on a level humans understand doesn't mean they are incapable of feeling pain, or death. I am just looking for a realistic answer from any vegetarian, vegan, w/e who can honestly tell me why they choose not to eat animals. If its because of inhumane ways, thats fair enough, I don't personally see that as being a true reason, but I will go with it.

13. AnythingPink

I suppose you're right, I have no sure way of knowing if a plant feels pain or not.

But it's more reasons as to why I went vegetarian besides my compassion for animals. Health reasons(which ATM I shouldn't say considering I've been feeling weak/sick <_<), and also about how the animals are treated in the industry. They are treated like they are experiments.. Injecting hormones in them, causing unnatural growth which puts a lot of stress on the animals body. They don't receive medical treatment because it's about making the money, which is why they are stuffed in cramped cages to save space as well.

AG Dalecyt, I would like to believe that. But I have seen too many videos in which they are slaughtered wrongfully.. Slamming against walls, kicking them, it's just disgusting.

Maybe I'm just a weird person or whatever.. I guess you can say I'm the black sheep in my family. I can't help that I view things from a different perspective, I've always been different from most people.

14. Tushar

Tushar Well-Known Member

don't look for protien drinks just get protien power :P probably cheaper.
    but yeah just eat a wide varity or fruit? idk

15. dementia

That kind of stuff doesn't happened in places where animals are killed and processed for high end food chains. That happens areas like slaughterhouses for small private parties (which is often times the best product).

For most farm animals its a simple wrangle em to the ground, slice their throat, and wait till they stop squirming, I can't say its painless, but its a quick death. For larger animals in a slaughter house type setting its generally a gunshot straight to the head to the spine, which immediately paralyzes them and they die moments later (horses, cows, etc.). Health regulations and PETA would prevent any truly inhumane ways of killing animals for large profit by means of like slamming them against a wall, kicking them (which actually tenerizes the meat), etc.