What you wish the government would do

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BlueDream, Sep 5, 2010.

1. BlueDream

BlueDream Active Member

One thing i really wish the government would do is to try to unify people more. I think its important to bring people together. The US is a melting pot indeed. I live in Northern virginia one of the most diverse parts of the country. Its great because were all different but we all get along. It be great im just saying that could be the first step to end racism

2. Chimpy

Chimpy Well-Known Member

ya i live in Miami dont get any more mixing then this! Everyone round here is mix with 2 or more different cultures. Im mix with 3.It's rare to see racism the only racism there is, is those who are not mix :P Just wait for the old farts to die soon our generation will be the government those who were born in the 90's and late 80's.

3. Lefthanded

Lefthanded Gentlemen of Leisure

I live closer to Miami too and I approve.

4. Za¡n

Za¡n KEEP IT CLEAN

Stop making god awful programs that put us deeper in debt to the point we may never be able to pay it back.

Obama is literally shitting all over the US. I'm convinced that the presidents are just pawns though and no matter who was president it would all be the same. With so much power there is always corruption.

Edit: Also blue dream, there will always be racism just as much as there will always be religious differences.

5. Chimpy

Chimpy Well-Known Member

Ya ultimatly the president cant do whatever he wants as long as he has to put up with the three branches E. J. and L. (i forget which one the president is part of)

6. BlueDream

BlueDream Active Member

Yeah i always thought that would be the case....but i guess thats another subject lol

7. Majin

Majin Senior Member

You take over Obamas job Zain. I know for a fact you'd be 1000x times worse than him. No-one can come into a government regime left behind by George Bush and sort it with a snap of the fingers.

8. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Obama is tied up by an oppositional Republican party, a split Congress and an ineffective Supreme Court. His attempts to pass an effective healthcare plan was obstructed by Congress, and ruined by a partisan interference by the Republicans.

The fact the USA doesn't already have universal, free healthcare (something the rest of the western world has had down since WW2 (even though their economies were a wreck, and their industry crushed).

People complain about government spending adding to the deficit, but don't realise that government spending DIRECTLY benefits them in the case of healthcare. A hell of a lot more than, say, the Bush tax cuts (which directly accounts for about 50% of the current deficit). When/if the Bush tax cuts expire at the end of the year, the deficit will disappear a lot quicker than government spending freezes or more bailouts.

What the government really needs to do is increase corporate class taxes, and reduce the taxes on small businesses, to account for the disparity between them that the end of the Bush tax cuts will create.

In short, stop bitching about Obama, because the system that's failing you was in place long before he got there.

9. Za¡n

Za¡n KEEP IT CLEAN

Haha that facts mutual majin, I didn't directly mean that Obama was to blame for all of this countries problems, bush definitely was shitty president #1, but i mean the part that has made me totally loose respect for Obama, was when he supported to put a mosque on ground zero, it could be anywhere in the country but he supports/wants new york, a few blocks from where the towers once stood.

Edit: My point is i don't think we should build a mosque that close to where Middle Easterns are believed to be behind the attacks, (though i don't believe thats what happened at all). If we asked to put an American Religion church anywhere in Middle east asia we would be laughed at. Not to mention had any americans destroyed a national symbol of theirs they'd probably shoot whoever asked.

That's just me, didn't say i wanna take over someones job or lead this country to the glory days, just saying how i feel about the subject lmao. (Cus we got some obama mamas in heree)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  10. Chimpy

Chimpy Well-Known Member

meh **** politics lets all jus go back to cavemen days survival of the fittest hit women across the head with sticks and take them in. I dont pay attention to politics, i tried but really im like **** the government not my problem when all goes to shit ill go to another country or ride it out!

11. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

I always forget what a retard you are, and then you make a post like this and it all comes rushing back.

First, Obama didn't support the decision to build a mosque near Ground-Zero, he simply supported the rights that the people building the mosque have to build where they choose. He specifically said that he thinks its a poor choice of location due to the sensitivity the spot holds to most Americans.

Also, it's not 'Middle-Easterners' behind 9/11, it's a specific branch of radical Jihadist Islam. The attackers were trained and supplied in Saudi Arabia, by a terrorist organization based in Afghanistan/Pakistan/Saudi Arabia.

Also, America Evangelical and fundamentalist churches are built all around the world, in war ravaged countries, in impoverished nations. If you tried to tell them that it's inappropriate, they would call you intolerant and bigoted.

Also, not all Middle-Easterners are Muslim, and even amongst those that are, there's so much division between different groups (Sunni, Shia, Sufi, etc), that the beliefs held by one, is not the same as the beliefs held by another. That is true with all religions.

Also, based on how you spoke about 9/11, I'm assuming you're one of those shit-for-brains 9/11 conspiracy theorists, right?

12. TwentySomethin

TwentySomethin Well-Known Member

amen brotha!

racism is just whats left from those who had experienced it first hand, our generation, now more than ever, is the most friendliest to others and most of us care less about the skin color, and plus most of us have multiple cultures in our background like he says!

13. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

stop F'ing up.

that is all I want from them. Even then, they seem to fail.

14. Chimpy

Chimpy Well-Known Member

seriously i cant wait for our generation to hop in the government and see how things will change cus our generation listens to modern music some of us(like myself) listen to old music, just about everyone is a gamer, most of us had a chance at drugs and alcohol (not saying the old farts didn't but they aren't on our level lol) our generation is more laid back its gonna be nice to see the 90's and late 80's babies in power we are deffently more friendly
    (sometimes...) and most of all we all watch family guy!

15. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

umm, our generation won't change much.

most politicians are pedigree politicians who were born and raised to be politicians. They'll be just like mommy and daddy were and they'll flaunt their Ivy league education around while extorting the masses.