What Was The Best Game You Ever Bought?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Drahgon, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Drahgon

Drahgon Senior Member

Best as in with lots of extras, replay value or unlockables. A game that you wouldnt mind playing once in a while again just for the heck of it because it was so good?

Mine would be Disgaea, because of the long gameplay hours, the cinematics and the creatable characters.

2. HOOD PROPHET

HOOD PROPHET Well-Known Member

either socom 2 or gears of war simply because i judge games on how they last and if im still enjoy playin it online.

3. XxHaVokxX

XxHaVokxX Well-Known Member

Well, for me Gears of War(except now its getting crappy, because of update) Socom 2... And Battlefield 2/2142

4. Shinobi

Shinobi Senior Member

This is a hard one for me.
    I would have to say Forza :\
    But then again Everquest 2 is grabbing me.
    So I say between Forza and Everquest 2.
    Forza2 will make me play it more then WoW did.

5. MythicX

MythicX Senior Member

Rainbow Six 3
    Rainbow Six 3 : Black Arrow
    Both on Xbox Live.

By far - im sure anyone who had them on live and played them would agree with me on this.

and Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors [PC] (BACK IN THE DAY!!) on MSN Gaming Zone was the nutz - and im sure anyone who had the game like 4-6 years ago and played on MSN Gaming Zone would agree with me =]

MythicX <3

6. ShneakySquirrel

ShneakySquirrel Well-Known Member

I'm going to half to go with an MMORPG on this one.... because or me aswell, it's how long a game lasts before I get bored, and if I did get bored of it, did I go back to it and how many times?

Ultima Online, I've got roughly 10,000 hours on that game EASILY over the past 10 years, and I've gone back to it countless times. The PvP was the first to ever exist... and it's STILL absolutely perfect on the free servers (not OSI).

World of Warcraft - I've gone back to this game 3 times, finally quitting. I've got about.... 400-500 hours played on it over the past year.

Guildwars - This is hard... I've played it over the past 2 years, and over several accounts. Since I don't know the EXACT amount of hours I've played it.... I'll estimate 2000 hours or so. The PvP is perfectly balanced, atleast the team PvP is.

Halo2 - Wow... so many hours on this game... about 1000-2000 hours also. I've spent DAYS of my week playing this game.... I think I had about... 3 days of playtime per week... this is including having school. Finally got tired of it with all the modders and such.

Counter Strike- Great game. The second FPS that I really PLAYED, next to Tribes 2. I've spent about 3000-4000 hours playing this game as well. I've always loved it, and hell I still play it. Sure, it gets tiring at times, but sometimes it's just fun to just play and relax or play competitively and win :) .

Tribes 2 - Too bad no one plays it anymore. Only reason I stopped playing it to begin with, and went to Counter Strike was because my parents hid the game from me :( . But, in the 6 Months I had it.... I spent about 1000 hours on it. Twas the begining of my gaming addiction.

There are many other games that I have spent Weeks of my life on... but those are just a few, that I absolutely love.

7. MythicX

MythicX Senior Member

Noob. :lol: :P :wub:

8. optickiller

optickiller Well-Known Member

C&C 3 Tiberium wars cause of the mods that are going to be coming out, maps, online gameplay etc though it's an early game i'll still don't regret buying it.

9. .HaVoC.

.HaVoC. ┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐

Super Smash Brothers Melee

10. Hadouken

Hadouken Well-Known Member

I'd say Final Fantasy 10, I thought it was real fun to play with all of the sidequests and items to get.

11. .Embrace.

.Embrace. Well-Known Member

Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time I still play it today.

12. 0racle

0racle Well-Known Member

Black Hawk Down- online
    GTA SA -offline

13. r3m1x

r3m1x Well-Known Member

Freelancer. Definatly one of the most amazing games I've ever played, and it had the best storyline EVER. The game is huge, and piled with stuff you can discover. Plus, it has unlimited side-quests so the game can't ever end and it's got a working economy, and great grafix. Plus, the Discover Freelancer mod (more like total conversion) makes the game twice as big with a second huge storyline, and a ton of new ships and parts

14. Semper-Fi

Semper-Fi Well-Known Member

Socom CA its definitly both fun offline and online also very challenging :P i love meh war games.

15. oasis420

oasis420 Senior Member

freelancer is sweet i just installed it the other day, first time i played it in like 3 years. instant classic.