What Sigs will always represent to me.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Your Mom is Hot, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Ravr

Ravr _______________

i remember a while back, when there were still alot of tuts being sold or lessons being sold. everybody made good looking tags, but they all looked the same because they all use the same tools. with sigs most people tend to just repeat the tutorial they just followed. so just paste a render in the canvas and add a c4d some efx and its ready.. as everyone gets their c4d's from here, you get all the same tags. only the render is different.

2. Your Mom is Hot

Your Mom is Hot Well-Known Member

LOL See, "Over contrasted, poorly blended, monotonous" But, think about it, Just because you think it's "over contrasted" Does it mean it isn't a good signature?. Maybe he likes super contrasted shit. lol

Maybe when he was finished, he said.. "Oh shit, that's nice!" WHY would we bash on it? Because we know how to "perfectly contrast" a sig? Should he look up a tutorial and follow everyone else?

Nope, if you like your own super high contrasted sig, Stay with it... Don't worry on what others say about it.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  3. MissYuna

MissYuna Member

i see your point when it comes to sigs but as for my LPs they are all my own style, i use poser for my models and Bryce for my backrounds, tho i wasnt talking about sigs when i wrote what i did,,, i do see the point on them (tho i don't really make sigs all that much)

And thanks Your Mom is Hot :) actually i did like it when i was finished lol (and psst i am a she :D hehe)

4. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

You got it, son. That's exactly what it means. Noobs and dicks always try to justify terrible artwork by saying that "oh it looks good to me and mummy always says i have to do the best that i can and not care about what other people think blah blah blah", but it looks bad. Plain and simple.

If this person doesn't care what other people think about her sigs, she can just not post them here. But as soon as she does, it's open game on whether is sucks or not. And I'm sorry to say, but...

Only people that really have no artistic skills whatsoever will ever tell you they only care about if they like it or not. It's the reason why prints of your signatures aren't hanging in the Louvre.

MissYuma (watever), your LP making methods sound neither original, nor effective (I can't speculate on results having never bothered to find one of your LPs), but you can guarantee there's a million others like it.

The whole name LP signifies you're at the bottom of the barrel in the design world.

5. MissYuna

MissYuna Member

To be quite honest 1 do you always have to run things down? if i m correct everyone started at the beginning No? and when i started i did it for fun because i happen to like art very much and just because i am not as good as you does not give you the right to put me down and say Lps are the bottom of the barrel,I really don't care if you think my work is not original and i really don't care if you think my sig is noob or if i am a dick for not caring what you think. Just because i use a program to do my work does not mean i am a noob or a dick, and i don't need to be put down by you,,,,

And for your information I have never posted my work here because of narrow minded ppl like you and next time you want to type out my name maybe take a min to at least spell it right, the N is right beside the M <.<

I joined here because i was told it was a nice place but from what i see this place aint that great, oh well guess my bad for wanting to learn more and instead got you <.<

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  6. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

We'll miss you, I'm sure.

7. dinges

dinges Senior Member

inverse stop being an ass

you have a good point on criticism being the way to improve your skills in pretty much everything, but everyone needs to start somewhere and when they make something that is better than what they created to that point, they have the right to be proud of that...

8. Ravr

Ravr _______________

if someone posts his Sig here, he/she wants to be criticized so you can expect comments like its way overcontrasted. and you see every newb starts with the same shit; i'll quote ""Over contrasted, poorly blended, monotonous"" stuff. and those sigs do suck. hell even i started that way :) everyone does. but when they just screw around with settings like did or follow tutorials they learn technique and they learn how to create a better fit together artwork.

though i think when you dont follow tutorials at all you can create your own style, because when you follow tutorials you take over someone's style. when you screw around yourself you can create your own style but it takes time and sure it will suck in the beginning, but it will get better overtime.

9. (terror)

(terror) dark

Let's try stop the personal attacks, inverse. As well everyone needs to try and stay on topic.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and no one's opinion is fact.

:)

10. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

They're not personal attacks. I'd say (and I regularly do) the exact same thing to anyone that is a noob, and somehow think their style is unique. MissYumi is just bawwwing.

11. (terror)

(terror) dark

It's a personal attack, regardless of you thinking it is or not. By definition simply calling someone a 'noob' is a personal attack.. but I don't think anyone is going to care if you call someone a noob. :) Let's just try and keep things civil, shall we?

Carry on, I'm off to the slave pens. :disappearing:

12. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Well it's their own fault for being a noob. I just call it as I see it. Always.

13. Kay87

Kay87 Well-Known Member

Inverse i agree with you, i think its bs, i mean im the same.
    i just, make sigs for myself, but more often than not i use a tutorial as a guideline (yes, i know they are still that BAD).

if my sig sucks it sucks but its not cos i lack any self...whatever..its just lack of skill, and if you don't have skill, rip someone off lol... but seriously total BS!

btw im not trying to be an ass myself just my views...

as for this noob topic thats started here... true noobs are noobs simple as, no ifs, no buts, just plain noobs, everyone starts off as one (even inverse) and he like everyone else got stick for it, and theres many ways to deal with it..

later you act like inverse and me..an 'ass' but call it as you see, noobs are noobs!

or you try and defend them, cos you were one yourself.

or youy joke, but there is no personal attack at all, hell i kno im a noob and inverse has even called me one but i don't b**ch about it.

also more on the sig sides, you only crap at it if you THINK your crap at it.

IE my sigs...i actually like em, therefore to me they are good inverse might hate em (and he probally does) but thats cos my own interests conflict with his. so a good sig is good to you bad to some or most others, but good none the less, a bad one is if you hate its, but some1 says they like it. SH*T is EVERYONE! hates it. great is almost all love it and then theres legendary lol every1 in the world loves it (apart for inverse).

you only post your sigs here to see where you fit in, how to improve it and the improve it (if you think it needs improving)

thats my two cents, keep the change.

14. Over9000

Over9000 Well-Known Member

I agree 100% with this.

I came here to learn. I know I suck with photoshop, I haven't used it for a few years now. And when I did use it, I was 14-15 and didn't have the patience to actually make something I thought was fantastic. Sure, some of the stuff I made was alright in my own opinion. But I know I could get better.

15. Kay87

Kay87 Well-Known Member

heh you should see my real early ones lmao just thinking about em.