What Is Life.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by diverseartist, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. triangle.

triangle. Active Member

Life is probably for us to live it the way we want. And to make love with someone. Although it could be just game. Where we live then die, and then live another world and so on. No one really knows what it is.

Personally I think its here for us to make a difference in the world.

2. .jrauck

.jrauck Well-Known Member

I would agree life is mostly love. Most people believe life is mainly about money, but I would have to disagree. Not only is it about love, but its also about having fun, while doing what you like to do.

3. triangle.

triangle. Active Member

Money, is what we invented, has nothing to do with why were here. Unless your planning to cure world hunger then money is everything.

4. diverseartist

diverseartist Well-Known Member

i can understand that....true

and someone explain this "42"

if the meaning of life is love, and love is when you care about someone more than yourself and try to help others, then 'to live' is to 'show love', therefore the only obstacle in life is to live.

?

5. EBK

EBK Senior Member

Life is what you make it!

6. MDproskater

MDproskater Well-Known Member

Life is to make whatever you want to make out of it. More specifically, follow your dreams.

Also, I think life is about finding the meaning to it, and where it leads to. But you won't find that out until you die.

7. bluefalcon_ad

bluefalcon_ad Well-Known Member

You need to read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy to fully grasp the concept as to why "42" is the true meaning of life compared to all others. :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Answer_to..._and_Everything

I guess that is the most simplistic explanation. I want you and everyone who hasn't yet to buy THE ULTIMATE GUIDE. It has all 5 books of the Hitchhiker's series and one short story all in one big book. It'll shape your life. :P

Aside from that, life is not about love, there is quite possibly more hate spurring around this blue and green dirt-filled earth than there is any kind of affection for one another. Life's meaning cannot be love, just look at 9/11. Just look at my aunt, uncle, and another uncle who has passed away.

Life's meaning if anything at a young age should probably be endurance. For instance, when you're young and something to an adult (E.G. Death) occurs, you have absolutely no control, nor do you fully understand, why this happens. Your only option is to really endure most of it.

Next meaning of life in a simplistic life cycle is to learn, and understand. Especially in
    adolescence, you need to start understanding and learning and most important MATURING into something valuable for the entire carbon-based race.

Next, depending on your life, you need to head to the offensive. While you endured in when you're younger, now you can change the world. Whether it be through music, writing, sports, philosophical ideas, scientific discoveries, anything. You can change the world and make it for the better. You can help this carbon-based race with the death that you've endured. You can help this carbon-based race become a better people with the proper philosophical idea. You can change the world.

Of course all people are different, that is the opportune idea of the meaning of life. There are millions who quite possibly contradict this, for they end up on the streets, but then again, that ending up on the streets could be the opporutinity for someone to come and take those millions out of the streets, and get them into a proper living standard.

The meaning of life is not a matter of love. Too many horrible cruel things happen in this world to the point where only in a dream could you think love is the answer. Sometimes in your offensive strike in life you need to literally offend people, but open their eyes to a broader sense of the world.

Everyone of course is different, though. So our meanings will always end up being different. It will be stupid to think that there is an actual meaning of life that will apply to all carbon-based creatures.

So that is why the number "42" is the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything. It's simple, anybody remotely literate can count up to it, and it's just an awesome number to look at. Oh, and it took 7.5 million years of calculation to find out. :P

8. diverseartist

diverseartist Well-Known Member

hmm
    i will read that book

9. .rockstar

.rockstar Well-Known Member

You are all contradicting yourselves. I can not tell you how you are because it is impossible.

Even I am contradicting myself right now. You guys wont get it.

10. bluefalcon_ad

bluefalcon_ad Well-Known Member

42 doesn't contradict itself. It's the meaning of life. Period. There's no contradicting it. That's why it should be the meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything. :P

11. .rockstar

.rockstar Well-Known Member

If you say so.

12. Mint

Mint Well-Known Member

i dont want to put religious stuff here cuz of arguments but i look at life through my religion.
    Christianity: so i think the meaning of life is to serve God and spread the Gospel so all people can know about God and choose whether to follow Him or not. There is love involved like 86% of it. Love other, love God, love your parents etc.

Also dont be a meanie :P

*dont worry im not gonna preach to you guys , thats just my take on life :)

13. piratedude

piratedude Member

Some of ur Responses makes me depressed. =(

14. SkatZ

SkatZ Well-Known Member

My theory is that there is no meaning. We're just some puppets, in Gods hands and god wants to see will we evolve or will we kill ourselves.

15. I_R_BACK_I_R_LOSER

I_R_BACK_I_R_LOSER Well-Known Member

Pretty much what she said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.