What Is A Render

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joshkhem, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Joshkhem

Joshkhem Well-Known Member

Is a render like you take a pic with something in it and cut it out?

2. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

yes....

3. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

A render is a picture that has the background removed, so all you have is the object I.E. person, or thing left over to use in your sig or artwork.

4. Nyc Elite

Nyc Elite Well-Known Member

Renders: These are pictures with a plain background usually that is transperant, black, white, or green. These are made by taking a picture, such as a desktop, and cutting it in a program such as Photoshop ImageReady. You can find these in the renders or premium renders section.

Premium Renders: These are the same as regular renders, but in higher quality. To get in the Premium Renders section, you either pay Llamaman real life money to buy Premium Membership, or constantly make 15 posts within 15 days, i.e. 1 post per day can get you in the section.

Regular Picture: These are pictures such as desktops that are NOT rendered. They have a normal background usually with designs. To render them, use programs such as Photoshop ImageReady.

This helps? I typed this down previously in case any newbie asks for help with creds, rep, renders, etc.

5. .sexed

.sexed Well-Known Member

A render is a 3d object created in a 3d rendering program ie. maya, lightwave, c4d, 3dsm etc.

What they post around here are cutouts

6. Covert

Covert Well-Known Member

These guys have pretty much hit the nail right on the head. If you would like to see some examples head on down to the render part of the forum.