What I Am Looking To Do...

Discussion in 'Crew Leader Discussion' started by Logicaly, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Logicaly

Logicaly Senior Member

This is just a general idea of what im looking to get out of crews...I want to work with the crews as best as possible to make it happen, so that its still fun, but that it also serves a purpose in the community.

I would like to see less crews...and once we get it down to less, a limitation on how many crews there can actually be on GR, that way people actually strive to be in a crew.

Activity...I want crews to be active in feedback, displaying their art, competitions all over the forums, etc.

I want crews to be looked up to, to be respected, not be known as a bunch of asshats...lets face it, some of you have some asshats in your crews.

There will be an offical crew, I will be setting up guidelines on how to become that, and getting crew feedback from you leaders before I do so, but it will not be easy, so dont whine that its too hard to become the offical crew, it is something to be earned and it will keep the offical crew on its toes, constantly.

That being said, those are some of the main things I want to see out of crews. Feedback on that please

Now, two questions for you leaders.

What do you want to see come out of the crews here at GameRenders? And how do you think we can accomplish it?

2. [.BC.] Dr. Pepsi

[.BC.] Dr. Pepsi Well-Known Member

well, if the crews are going to be more of an officially-sanctioned presence at GR, that would probably come with an unwritten code of conduct. members would be expected to have a minimum number of posts per week, sigs per month, etc.

they'd also have a primary goal of CnCing a lot of sigs in the general section and acting as a team of highly respected forum "mentors" that others could feel comfortable asking for help.

perhaps we could have a tiered system of affiliations. as i've said before, not everyone in a crew on GR will want to be on the 'official' crew. i'd like it if for those crews who don't meet the new requirements, that their status be changed to a GR 'club'. you could do away with many of the private forums, and instead open up a Club section where each club could have a thread.

it might improve the sometimes impersonal feel of the larger forum, and the clubs wouldn't have to be limited to graphics. you could have the youtube club, PS3 club, whatever the community decided to create.

naturally, the more ambitious members at GR will want to head for the recognition and status of the official crew(s?), but it'd be nice for the rest of us to keep the ties of fellowship that we've built over our crew's history.

3. Scooby.05

Scooby.05 Senior Member

I think with the activity of some crews so low and not that many crews for members to go to the member limit should be raised so the active crews could accommodate more people and teach more. And seeing how you want to limit the amount of crews on GR more people would need more choices, right now I see BC, AG, and AF as the dominant crews on GR we are the ones who get the most apps and are most active around the forum.

I Agree the crews need to be more active through out the forum and I will talk with the AF members about it and tell them they need to help others out when they need it, and yea AF has a few asshat's in our crew and a few are on my last string and just about ready to be kicked.

And for your questions.

I would like to see the crews more established on GR like you mentioned and more widely open to do things, like the leaders should be able to moderate there private forum in case 1 member gets po'ed and we can delete or close the topics so we wont need to contact a admin about it.

I think crews should be more involved with battles and such maybe have a apprentice program where each crew would take on 1 member and teach them certain things.

4. Renagade

Renagade Senior Member

The fact of the matter is, crews have a higher turn-over rate than even the forum. People are frequently switching crews, or just being innactive right off the bat.

It's not something we can control, but the fact is that crews have high expectations now-a-days. All the crews started out by just accepting even mediocre artists. Things have changed drastically. Even in my crew, there have been applicants who I've thought would be perfectly suited for learning and becoming even better than they are (which they were good), but the members out voted me and said they just weren't good enough (they are required to give reasons). But the reasons they gave were just so nit-picky.

At this point I think we need to focus on crew activity first. Let's get the under control and then we should be able to easily slide into everything else you want to do Logic.

It's going to be difficult to monitor how active the crews are in other sections of the forum (ie. giving criticism).

I dunno... there's just a lot of stuff that seems to need to be worked out.

5. [.BC.] Dr. Pepsi

[.BC.] Dr. Pepsi Well-Known Member

i agree with renagade. i can't tell you how many times folks have joined BC, then dropped COMPLETELY off the radar screen in terms of activity. the fact of the matter is this: you can't FORCE activity, the members have to WANT it.

6. Scooby.05

Scooby.05 Senior Member

Yea Af only has activity because we give back to our members and give them something to do.