Wedding!

Discussion in 'Camera Drawn' started by }SoC{SainT, May 29, 2009.

1. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

So I emailed a relative last night who does wedding photography for a living. He's agreed to let me shadow him at weddings on the 13th and 16th of June as a third, free photographer :) (who could say no to that anyway?). And it'll probably help me know what I want at my own wedding. I never want to have to photograph another photographer's wedding, haha. Poor Ron.

I've kinda figured that after I get my degree, wedding photography is my best bet for earning money (it's cheaper to get started and pays good), so I think I'll start my own business in that. I just need to get experience, since I've only been to four weddings in all my life. The good thing is, I'll have been in the bride's shoes before I do this :D

Anyways, I was just excited about that ^_^

2. Local

Local Well-Known Member

Nice.. I'd be to nervous to do wedding photography o.o and I've never been to a wedding at all.. and good luck with ur idea in a career in it ;) if u lived closer maybe i'd have u do mine in a years time.. or so....

3. Slight

Slight Senior Member

thats coool, and weddign photography is less hassle than being at a club, party with all them crazy ppl jumping around and stuff lol ill take a wedding any time before a party night club lol

4. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

The problem with weddings is you only get one shot at it. If you screw up, people might hate you the rest of their lives. There's no fixing it.

I think I could handle it though ;)

5. Slight

Slight Senior Member

yes true.. u got one shot one time to capture a moment that could last for ever in a photograph.. so is still a preasure in a big way.. but id rather have that kind of preasure than having hundred ppl harrasing me lol

6. dinges

dinges Senior Member

wedding photography sounds like a good area to start in for making money, have fun!