We Have No Right To Judge Art.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UV Soaked, Sep 3, 2006.

1. VegetaGirl

VegetaGirl Mistress Renderer

Freedom of speech mean hurtful and mean words..to me thats not freedom of speech..

2. [ED] Aose

[ED] Aose Well-Known Member

We don't judge art, we say if we like it or not.

One person could love a peice of artwork, the guy standing next to him could throw up because of it.

Thats it, nothing more.

3. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

i guess you have a point

4. zabiMARU.

zabiMARU. Well-Known Member

About clients. They are paying you. If they don't like it, they aren't going to pretend to like it just to make you feel good.

That's real life.

5. UV Soaked

UV Soaked Well-Known Member

i get what your saying.. i agree. but like i said thats someone perspective. it doesn't mean it sucks or something. your changing the subject.

6. zabiMARU.

Yep. I guess it really depends on who is saying it, and why they are saying it.

If someone makes a sig of I don't know, hitler. And a Jewish person sees it, I would think they would say it sucks as it has hitler in it.

Ok that was kind of not on the subject, but it's saying that everybody has reasons behind saying their opinions.

If you say it sucks, then just say why.

If someone gives you CNC of how to improve, and you get mad at them for pointing out the parts that need work, then don't even post it.

7. UV Soaked

UV Soaked Well-Known Member

pointers are fine.. saying some one sucks isn't.. :/ im starting to think your not getting what im saying.

8. zabiMARU.

Ok, so what exactly are you saying?

9. `avantgarde

`avantgarde Senior Member

I agree, you can tell people their stuff isn't good, but you should tell them how to improve. But then there is a fine line between being helpful, and being discouraging.

10. randomdood

randomdood Well-Known Member

i think people have the right to say someone sucks but if they do they should be sensitive and give ideas how to improve, it's called C&C, say something bad and tell them how to improve or say something nice and how to make it better

11. .vk

.vk Well-Known Member

constructive criticism helps the artist, plain rubbish won't help a lot

12. Logicaly

Logicaly Senior Member

Art, much like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

Everyone sees it differently.

For some, it is a way to make money.

For others, its just something to pass the time.

And for the rest, its something that comes from their heart and soul.

You should never insult someones art. Whether it be something you like or not. Its okay to not like it, its okay to leave pointers, on how you think they might improve a certain piece. It is never okay to just put them or their art down.

I'm often guilty of putting my own designs down. I don't do the typical art found here on GR, or on alot of the graphical community sites (at least the sites I know of), so I find it to not be as appreciated as some.

However, I always take joy in what I create, and while I create it, whether it be a mediocre, "newb rated" sig, a fractal design, or even one of my latest photographs.

Everyone should keep in mind, that just because they dont meet your standards, or some randomly pulled outta the air standards that some site uses, doesnt mean they suck. It just means they have a different perception on what their art should look like, and it is perfect in their eyes, because it is exactly what they envisioned, or what they enjoy looking at.

13. Nicasus

Nicasus Well-Known Member

»Professional
    I'm kinda getting tired of the nonsense people saying "My work is Pro" or "His work is Pro". There are many argues over the fact whether someone is Pro or not.
    Who is there to judge if someone is a Pro or not. No one. Because there are always people better than you and they think you are a beginner. Saying someone is a Pro, is an OPINION. And opinions are NOT facts. The truth is that there are no facts in judging someone's work, since its a matter of taste and opinions.

I wrote that some time ago in my Journal on DA here. I still agree with it.

But what I wrote is just the truth. Eeryone knows and learned on school (its just so basic) that opinions are not facts. However some people think they are above it.

14. 440fronte

440fronte Well-Known Member

I think that people are doing "art" for all the wrong reasons.

I dont think people are judging your right to EXPRESS YOURSELF but more so just how you express yourself. Your technique, style, form. Its just basic stuff and its normal.

First off how serious are you guys about your forum signatures? Do you think of opening a art gallery in New York full of 300px*120px@72DPI images? Who the ----c wants to see that ----? Art is supposed to be fun and enjoyable you cant be an artist because your daddy said so, and you SHOULD NOT get worked up over peoples comments. Do you do what you do to please others or yourself? There will always be someone who hates your "art" and theres nothing you can do about that.

Dont get worked up over it. People have the right to do anything they ----ing want and if that includes bashing on your stuff get used to it. Its a ----ty world.

Art is what you make it and if you do consider it as a career be sure to remember that everything has to appeal to the consumer. It might be the best design ever, if you get your money for it, whats the point?

Just be cool, practice at getting better, take everything people say into consideration be it good or bad.

[sorry for offtopic rambing Im just tired]

-hightillidie.deviantart.com

15. Cerberus

Cerberus Well-Known Member

Pro is not based on opinion

On the subject, this is called freedom of speech, you can't change it, so deal with it