We Have No Right To Judge Art.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UV Soaked, Sep 3, 2006.

1. UV Soaked

UV Soaked Well-Known Member

Ever since i started art i'v noticed people have been judging art. which in my eyes it isn't right. people are saying to other people "they suck" "you're not good enough" stuff like that, which bugs the ---- out of me. i personaly don't think anyone should make those marks like that. Everyone has there own style and it should not be bashed or rated. i will admit people will be better then other people, but putting people down ect should not be talerated.

Hopefully one day art won't be just thrown around. i understand people have there own preferences in art, which is good, but just cause you don't like it doens't mean it's not good.

For yourself, i'v been seeing people put there self down, which is not cool, you should not be doing that, treat yourself and your art with respect enjoy it, its a gift.

cheers

2. UV Street

UV Street Senior Member

I agree with you on that 100%.

3. HBRedRider

HBRedRider Well-Known Member

No one should put down your art. However, suggestions are perfectly ok and I believe criticism is as well if they leave advice to improve.

4. zabiMARU.

zabiMARU. Well-Known Member

Ok, who really cares about it. They are just tags and some large pieces. DEAL WITH IT.

Who says we have no right?

Graphic Designers who make logos, websites, advertisements, they can make all the art they want. And if the client doesn't want it, they say they hate it. Then can judge art.

It's not like art is this huge concept that we have no right to say anything about it.

THEY ARE JUST FORUM GRAPHICS!

And about being put down.

WHO CARES!

It's not like they are going to start crying if someone says they suck horribly. It's not like asking for a rating on a tag is going to kill you if some person across the word says they think its ----.

5. [ED] Aose

[ED] Aose Well-Known Member

Agreed, I have seen some people say another persons work "sucks", which is also wrong not only because it could be a different style but they could be brand new to photoshop, painting, drawing etc.

6. UV Street

UV Street Senior Member

Your sig sucks. It just does. I hate it absoloutly hate it. Your graphics suck. Never design again.

I'm of course only joking but wouldn't that make you not want to design anymore? What people say has a huge effect on art.

7. VegetaGirl

VegetaGirl Mistress Renderer

Yes I understand its forum art, but take into consideration the time and effort they put into it, there is a way to critique without harsh words its ugly or it sucks. Those words hurt ..you can judge but not where you are hurting the persons feelings..if you don't like it refrain from posting or ignore the topic, thats what I do or better yet give them some tips on what they need to improve on. Being harsh and abrasive is not going to go well with some members especially the newer ones...

8. UV Soaked

i'm talking about all kinds of art.

9. zabiMARU.

Ok, because some person at a forum insults my art would make me give up doing something I love? I don't think so. ;)

Anyways, just don't take all this stuff to heart people, it's only the internet :lol:

10. UV Street

UV Street Senior Member

elek.... IRC a few seconds ago

:P

11. zabiMARU.

Oh this is about CNC? lmao. I was talking more about not being able to rate lol.

Well, for CNC, I go by this quote:

:)

12. UV Soaked

yet again.. art in general.. not just computer art.

13. VegetaGirl

VegetaGirl Mistress Renderer

What we do revolves around the internet, if someone was sending you hateful things to your e-mail address wouldn't you want to report it because your offended by it..and yea same thing in forums we all have feelings and we want others to respect those feelings. If I went to every board you posted in and said your sigs suck wouldn't you want me banned..sure you would..but I wouldn't do that thats not me. But we have to respect one another and give critique better then we have been doing..

14. zabiMARU.

Well it depends who you are.

If you are a judge at an art competition, you say what you like best.

If you are a client who buys are, you say if you hate it.

If you are a random person, you say whatever you want, you have freedom of speech.

Merged Post:

:lol:

15. UV Soaked

thats not cool if the client hates it..just cause its not his style idea. thats means he should hate it