Watercooling Or Air Conditioning Lol

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by xX ParaDox, Jan 3, 2007.

1. xX ParaDox

xX ParaDox Well-Known Member

Is this case any good for cooling Nextherm ICS 8200 Full Tower Air Conditioned which is a lot cheaper than going water cooled and that my case is mainly a mid sized one this one to be exact http://www.nzxt.com/products/trinity/ and really my video card the ATI X1800 All in Wonder leave barely any room left on the side, I was thinking about getting the Innovatek SET XXD http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2365/ex-....html?tl=g30c83 but after finding out that the dual Radiator prob wont fit inside my case and any way to set it up. I really wanted that kit because it that i researched the lowest temps next to the CoolIt Freezone but, i really want to go with a real watercooling system. Any other recommendations, also my specs are
    *AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.01 Ghz (planning to upgrade to a new AMD Athlon X2 5200+, (i do not want to go with intel)
    *ATI All in Wonder X1800 XL (find a kit thats compatible with that card would be nice)
    Thanks

Also forgot to add that could it be possible for me to mix and match waterblocks, radiators, etc from dif companys for a watercooling set up that I wanted?

2. johndapunk FTW

johndapunk FTW Senior Member

Yes, you can mix and match waterblocks, and pretty much everything in a water cooling system, pending that the tubing sizes are the same.
    good luck with your overpriced 5200.
    Your video card is plenty good enough for now. You won't need to upgrade for a bit.

whats your ram, you may want to upgrade that, i dunno.

3. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

if you're spending the money to get water cooling, you really shoudl reconsider and god with conroe.

AMD's chips are energy innefficient and offer low performance per GHz.

AMD's just ina GHz race because that's all they can offer.

AMD's the new intel, go with the little guy(conroe) while the rest of the people go with netburst and k8.

================
    also, airconditioning might give you condensation if doone improiperly.